Learnlight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2018

2.3

Sort:

ESL Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Learnlight.

Interview

I applied online and we set up a time for a Skype interview. We set up a time for an interview and conducted the interview on Skype a couple of days later. The job description stated that, "ESL or other educational field qualifications and/or experience" is required. The first question the interviewer asked was how long I have been teaching. I replied that I had one year and 8 months of ESL experience and the interviewer quickly ended the interview saying that TWO year of experience is required and that I should apply again after I have 2 years of experience. I have been on many interviews and I had never had an interviewer been this rude to me and abruptly end an interview.

Interview Questions

• After the first question, "How many years of ESL experience do you have?" the interview was finished .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Learnlight (Portland, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly. We had a relaxed phone conversation over Skype with typical interview questions. She asked me about my previous teaching experience and why I was interested in working for Learnlight.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will do with the transition from teaching in person to teaching online?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Learnlight (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a straightforward application via the website. After a pre-arranged screening telephone appointment the interview was conducted by Skype. After the interview, there was a one-to-one telephone teaching test and group training via webcam. All in all, a very professional company and positive experience.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Learnlight (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

Contacted via email and an appointment was set up via Skype. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and asked me some questions. Overall experience very positive. The interviewer also answered many of my questions.

Interview Questions

• How many years had I taught and was I okay with technology.   1 Answer

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quito (Ecuador)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Learnlight (Quito (Ecuador)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process began with an email explaining all procedures. Then, via Skype we had the interview. The interviewer introduced the company and asked a few questions. Finally, she said she will contact me via email if they decided to select me. I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions

• What's your working experience?   1 Answer

English As A Second Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Learnlight (Barcelona (Spain)).

Interview

Two-step process: phone and face-to-face. The phone recruiter was very nice and the interview was extremely comfortable. She explained about the company and then asked about five pretty standard questions over the course of about 25 minutes. She personable throughout the interview, not cold or silent. She was also open about rates the company paid and how working processes functioned.
    The face-to-face interviewer was equally personable. We spoke for an hour about the company, my background, my style, my lesson plans, payment details, and clients. The interview was candid and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What else can you tell me about yourself that isn´t on the CV?   Answer Question

Online Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Learnlight in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, then we set up a time for a Skype interview. During the interview, I was asked about my teaching experience, what I enjoy most about teaching, what are my future plans in this field. The interview was conducted professionally and I really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been teaching.   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Learnlight.

Interview

A friend of mine, who is also an English teacher, reccomended Learnlight. I sent them my CV and a few days later I received a call from them and I was asked about my teaching experience and if I would be available to start.

Language Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Learnlight.

Interview

The process was not very difficult but it was a bit time comsuming. I was contacted through Linkedin and had to fill out a form answering some basic questions. Then I had a Skype meeting with a recruiter that lasted around 30 minutes. She was very nice to me. I was then asked to complete two language tests and two motivational letters. Finally, I attended a face-to-face interview. We had a very normal conversation, no tricky questions. It took quite a long to know the final results and, unfortunately, I didn't make it.

Online English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Learnlight (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

You are notified via email that they would like to interview you on a specific day and time via Skype or another voice messaging platform. You are then asked to do a mock online tutor session after some preparation and study.