Learnlight Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Benjamin Joseph

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It's great to work from home!!!"

I have been working at Learnlight part-time

Pros

Create your own daily schedule

Cons

Hourly rate is very low

Advice to Management

Raise the salary

2. "ESL Instructor"

I have been working at Learnlight part-time

Pros

Good communication with staff and excellent team environment.

Cons

Sometimes there are computer issues and communication can be delayed.

Advice to Management

Systems can always be made more efficient.

"Trainer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Learnlight part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Support staff and flexible hours, easy workload

Cons

Low pay is only disadvantage

Advice to Management

Provide higher price for experienced teachers

"Great place to start out"

I have been working at Learnlight full-time

Pros

Work from home, someone is ready and willing to help you. Bonus monthly if you meet the KPI, which is achievable. Office 365 usage included with email. Great for getting experience.

Cons

Salary never changes, not much opportunity for growth. Payment is sometimes missing money from bank charges.

Advice to Management

Pay for bank charges. Give an occasional raise and create chances for advancement.

"Pay is low, but in-line with similar companies"

Current Employee - Online ESL Instructor
    Current Employee - Online ESL Instructor

I have been working at Learnlight part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, fun teaching students from all over the world.

Cons

Pay is really low and it's difficult to get enough hours to make it worthwhile.

Advice to Management

Pay teachers better and you will attract a higher caliber of English teacher.

"Miss it"

I worked at Learnlight (More than 10 years)

Pros

Met some great educators there.

Cons

It was a great program that did great things, just got too big too fast and couldnt sustain itself when federal funding went away.

7. "Still looking for your dream job? oh! read my review then send us your CV!"

Current Employee - Examiner in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Examiner in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I have been working at Learnlight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learnlight turned my life into a wonderful journey!
    Nothing is happening by chance! I strongly believe in destiny. It is already shaped!
    Learnlight family opened up its doors to me last year. I was full of enthusiasm, my passion for teaching was shining again, and I was being treated with great respect and love!
    I love the fact Learnlight is always recognizing trainers´ hard work, commitment and taking ideas into account for future projects. I was feeling I was “in” from the very beginning as there was a star always showing me the right way to do things, to improve my service and my teaching method! This star name is Louise Mothersdale. Louise is not only an awesome person I can count on but also an amazing professional!
    She is very strict and is always pushing us to excellence. She keeps motivating her team to give the best of us to our dear students and our company. I think Louise is the perfect balance between professionalism and fun! She will never come to us with bad manners or sarcasm I´ve seen in other schools or companies I´ve worked for. Louise is amazingly fun and sensitive, which I love!
    Louise is a real life changer! I will be sad they day she is promoted because she´ll be far from us but I´ll celebrate the company gives her the place she deserves because she is a terrific professional!
    Another thing I love is, of course, working with students from different parts of the world! Every student is a different life story! We had the chance to find a virtual place to share personal experiences, life events while learning and improving language skills! Students open their heart to me and some of them have really entrusted me their sorrows, pains, and fears and this definitely makes the difference!

I have always been a very curious person, and continual improvement is my middle name. I want to get better and better, so I am always trying to learn from others about how they improved their teaching experience, skills, and leadership. I also have training in psychology, which leads me to look for patterns in people’s thoughts and behaviors. This helps me to be more understanding and sensitive with my dear students!
    I´d like to mention the company is not a traditional one saying something it´s not true! We are all a wonderful family pushing all together in the same direction! The awesome coordination team we have makes our teaching experience, awesome!! Thanks to our dear Nondas, sweet Eva, Danielle, Patri and my beautiful Zoe!

Learnlight ´s management team is not “the untouchables” of the company! I went through a very difficult personal situation and during one of my worst days, it was our manager, Rachel, writing me to offer her support!! I thought I was really dreaming. All the companies I´ve worked for were really cold and marked the distance between employees and managers. Rachel is like our “big mother”. She helped me a lot and was really sweet and understanding!

Cons

NO CONS AT ALL!

Learnlight is the best workplace ever! Why are we so lucky and fortunate “to belong”?

• Great company culture!
    • Best people and professionals to work with!
    • Amazing pay and benefits!
    • Scale and Impact: we have a huge presence in the virtual world! We provide the best service ever!
    • Great career growth and development opportunities!

WE ARE ALL VALUED, RESPECTED, ENCOURAGED AND MOTIVATED!!
    THANKS LOUISE AND LEARNLIGHT FOR INVITING ME TO JOIN YOU IN THIS WONDERFUL JOURNEY TO THIS MAGICAL TEACHING WORLD!

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome and sensitive professionals! I love you all!

8. "Great environment to work!"

I have been working at Learnlight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best about Learnlight is the people that form it. The colleagues are very collaborative and are always willing to help you.

Cons

Low salary that rarely changes

9. "A Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Trainer in Cape Town (South Africa)
    Current Employee - Trainer in Cape Town (South Africa)

I have been working at Learnlight part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for learnlight for more than a year now and love it! I love the flexibility of being able to create my own work schedule. I have the ability to balance my work and personal life as I work from home and at hours that suit me best. The opportunity to work with professional people from all over the world has helped me improve as an online trainer.

Cons

So far I haven't come across any.

Advice to Management

Learnlight staff profide excellent support and they are always very friendly and professionsl while being willing to help with any and all questions and problems you might have. Learnlight is very organized and you know what is expected from you as soon as you start working. I have worked for a couple of companies so far and must say that Learnlight is one of the best. I would definitely recommend working for them.

10. "A great company to work for"

Current Employee - English As A Second Language Teacher in Lima, Lima Region (Peru)

I have been working at Learnlight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my opinion this is an excellent company to work for. The interview process was friendly and to the point and there was full training and support given when learning how to use the platform and also the companies policies and of course how to interact with the students. What really impresses me is the continued support and advice that is given to all trainers. This isn’t just a honeymoon period but the staff is friendly and continues to be. There are a lot of training incentives such as learning languages and also the master classes which are held on a regular basis. What I like most is the fact that I am working with students from all over the world and I am learning a lot about different cultures and people. For me, this is great experience and I feel as a teacher that I am learning a lot. The salary is competitive and this is now my main source of income. There is a lot of work available and you set your own hours.

Cons

Resolving a problem with transfer charges for salary but it will be fixed soon.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I like your approach to management and employee relations.