Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2018

2.7

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied a month ago and on their website it said I was no longer being considered for the position, but they called me a few weeks later and scheduled appointment. I went in and there were 3 staff members, asked me normal straight forward questions, very friendly which made it easy to relax. Interview lasted 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you liked the most about your previous job?   1 Answer

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Reading, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

1st interview was in the middle of August. Did not heard anything back till the middle of September to come in for a 2nd interview. The manager was very down to earth and made the process easier. Received offer in October and negotiated the pay rate and they were open to my negotiation. Accept offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your minimum pay rate that you will accept for this position?   1 Answer

Per Diem RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Rigorous. Lots of steps to go through but also lots of help available to navigate it.
    It starts with an on-line assessment which seemed to measure your degree of cultural competence and tolerance. If you pass this, your references are thoroughly checked and you then go on to an in-person interview.
    If hired, you go on to get a physical in the network, finger printed&cleared, and lastly, meet with HR to explain benefits. That whole process took about 6 weeks start to finish.

Interview Questions

• The actual interview was very pleasant and casual as it takes place by the hiring unit manager. The difficult part was the general hospital orientation followed by a general nursing orientation. It's long and, as a nurse, you are expected to take a generalized pharmacology exam even if you are not giving meds in your position. To be fair, you are offered resources to help you through it and are offered retakes should you fail. In my orientation class, many experienced nurses had to retake this test at least once...including me. I recognize the need for such an evaluation, but it might make more sense to have it be unit specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiating was not tolerated by HR. There seems to be a salary formula related to years of "qualified" experience. How they choose to qualify your experience seems to be a bit nebulous. Pay scale is VERY LOW! I took the job to learn a new specialty. While I enjoy it very much, I could not consider going full-time on such a low salary. I would have to consider leaving the network. As a side note, I also could not negotiate a weekend differential as a per diem RN. Therefore, I will refuse to work weekends.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was already working here when I got an email about an open position. I emailed my interest and resume and set up an interview. I only interviewed with one person on one day.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in five years. I always find this one difficult because I do not tend to be in one place for more than a few years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. Seemed like it was take it or leave it.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in September 2013.

Interview

It was very thorough. First met with HR RN, who asked many good questions. Example: Tell me about an experience with a patient that was difficult. Tell me about an experience that exceeded your expectations.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network.

Interview

Phone call to discuss interests. Ome week later call to come in that friday for interview. Interview was easy, very friendly. Met the staff on the unit. The monday after that friday call from hr with offer. Accepted offer tons of paperwork and background check.

Interview Questions

• tell me about the teams you have been on   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating. Take it or leave it

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network in September 2014.

Interview

Interview was very good and informative. Showed me the area I was going to be working staff was very friendly. My interview was very comfortable and friendly I just knew I wanted to work for this hospital I had read reviews and talked with employee who worked at Lehigh Valley and knew this is were I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• Something about home life and how I would handle.   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

They ask you a series of questions which are required by Human Resources. Not too hard. Just be prepared and honest. Human resources moved pretty fast regarding checking clearances and references. They were helpful and communicated well. Overall the process was easy going. Started job within two weeks of interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain some of you skills and attributes that would benefit the case management department.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

The staff are nice and their working environment is so good. Their technology was focused on Windows systems. Not too much design projects. The employees were asked to use the tech tools well.

Interview Questions

• If there is no projects to do, what do you like to do in the workplace?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in June 2008.

Interview

Hired from contractor to full-time position. Multiple rounds of in person interviews with different management and team members. HR Process is not very solid, but once you get past the HR department, it gets much better. Management will often omit details about things like required oncall or bonus structure, so it is best to ask.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself working in a healthcare environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, LVHN pays less than going rate and they don't budge very much. They will claim that their benefits make up for it.