Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2017

2.7

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network.

Interview

Group Interview with 4-6 other nurses and 1 Nurse Manager & HR Nurse Recruiter. They just throw the same questions at all of you. Everyone listens to each others responses and it creates this environment of nervousness and competition among nurses interviewing to see who "looks better" in their eyes. I did not like this interview arrangement and style

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Lehigh?
      Streghts and Weaknesses
      Situational type questions   Answer Question

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied and heard back the next day. Group interview went well they only asked us each three questions each. There was five of us. Then we got to choose what unit we would like to work on. The second interview was with that unit director. That interview was also laid back instantly made a connection with the interviewer. It was more of a conversation than an interview. Seems like an amazing place to word I'm excited to get started.

Interview Questions

• Your most memorable patient? Name a time you had constructive criticism and how did you take it? Why this hospital?   Answer Question

Med/Surg Nurse Interview

Interview

Interview was easy and extremely laid back. I instantly made a connection with the supervisor. She was awesome. I can't wait to get started. Interview was an hour discussion which ended with a tour of the floor where I also got to meet a few of the nurses.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA).

Interview

The day is long with interviews with multiple people. The pros are meeting with a benefits coordinator. The cons are the interviews being spread out over the complex which puts the whole day behind right off the bat. Most of the people did not actually ask questions, they talked about the hospital and the practice a lot. It was very repetitive. The day ran so long I almost missed my train I had scheduled for 3 hours after the day was supposed to end. They really should consider some group interviews. Another con is the arrangement-the recruiter is unfriendly and after saying they would reimburse travel expenses and asking for receipts, they did not reimburse anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to move to Allentown?   Answer Question

New Grad Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

i went in for a group interview with 9 other people first. Then it was broken down into what your interests are and then they let you know what positions have opening to interview for. The recruiter is awesome and is great about getting you set up in your field of interest. Then i interviewed for the floor i wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with other staff members?   Answer Question

Patient Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied a month ago and on their website it said I was no longer being considered for the position, but they called me a few weeks later and scheduled appointment. I went in and there were 3 staff members, asked me normal straight forward questions, very friendly which made it easy to relax. Interview lasted 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you liked the most about your previous job?   1 Answer

Professional Clinical Staff Interview

Interview

Received interview invite by phone. Panel interview in front of 5 staff members. Everyone was very nice, but I have a very a our taste in my mouth due to the lack of communication and/or indication that I was not selected. Totally unacceptable.

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by email and asked to pick from a variety of dates to come in for a group interview. The group interview itself was very casual and relaxed. We went into a conference room and were told about the hospital and the GN opportunity. Both people present spoke to their history at the hospital and then asked us to tell them about ourselves, what made us choose nursing as a profession, etc. After a few more questions we were given a list of positions available for GNs and asked to choose which we thought we'd like the most. Those who made it through the initial group interview then had a second interview set up on another date with the unit director of their choice unit.

That interview was also laid back, with behavioral questions and a description of the unit and how they run. The research project required of BSN GNs was discussed, as well as the orientation process. I was asked why I became a nurse, why I was interested in the unit I selected, and where I hoped to be in a year.

Registration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network (Allentown, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

they call you in for a face to face interview. then if you are accepted they will call you with an offer and if you accept they will schedule your physical. you must do the physical and pass the drug test or you will not be accepted. they will also send you your acceptance letter with other things you have to do like your fingerprinting and background check. my process went by very quickly within a month but I think that was because they were rushing to fill the position. I had my interview on 2/28 for start date of 3/14.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a customer that has been waiting long for an appointment and has a complaint   Answer Question

PSNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Health Network in February 2016.

Interview

2 step process, interview with recruiter then director of chosen unit. The one on one interview is where I believe you get the chance to shine, so come prepared with questions about the organization, and how you can expect to see professional growth for yourself and the organization

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were challenged or had to demonstrate leadership   Answer Question