Lenovo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lenovo Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.8

Data Center Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

a short video assessment. a first screening round. I did not hear back. basic behavioral interviews. try to be very specific about why you want the job. Also be prepared to showcase your personality. try to do a project with them during your degree program to stand a better chance on getting into this rotational program.

Global Future Leaders Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

Short Story:
    Overall my interviewers were nice and the event in San Jose was pretty cool. But they lose all professional etiquette when they don't update you on your status (months of radio silence), if this is how they conduct interviews I can only imagine how working there must be.

Long story:
    It started with an online application then an easy web assessment. I was then invited to an event in San Jose, the first day there was an information session, the second day the second round of interviews that consisted in a group case study, and a individual case study.

The second round was where things started to fall apart, they have you select three potential roles from a list with minimal description of said roles. Then they tell you that you will have an interview for each of the roles you picked, then another email saying that you will only have one interview for one of the roles, so pretty disorganized. The second interview was a usual resume sweep with some technical questions here and there, pretty easy.

Then the radio silence, expect to not hear from them for a month or so, I had to email them to ask for an update, they told me decisions would be emailed within a week, that was almost three weeks ago and still no update.

Interview Questions

• Several business problems for the group case study, and a staffing case   Answer Question
    • Second interview questions were mostly behavioral and a general resume sweep   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo in December 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete two recorded video interviews for Lenovo. Despite reassurances that I would get feedback in no more than four weeks, which is still long, I heard nothing for three months, when I received canned emails saying I was no longer under consideration. In the interim I could not get a response to my emails. The process was unprofessional, especially in stark contrast to other companies. It made a very bad impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficulty you overcame?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR call, technical call interview, onsite interview in one week. No update is you don't get the position. Expect spend more than 30 mins on call interview. Might be a good opportunity.

Future Leader Program Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

This is one of the most disorganized and incompetent recruiting events I've ever attended. After weeks of radio silence, you get a message out of nowhere.
    You might be reading this and thinking that I'm just bitter that I didn't get an offer. Let me tell you, even if I did, this recruiting process would give me serious pause at joining this firm. First, the interviewers were extremely rude and even dismissive, and one of them was from the senior HR echelons. They didn't even have our resumes in front of them. Second, the recruiting event was very disorganized -- for example, they didn't even tell us what type of interviews they would be (just told us to be ourselves). It would have been nice to know that the interview format would be a group case and an individual case. Additionally, on the day of the interview, we had an info session lasting a couple hours right before interviews -- basically selling themselves as a company.. learned a lot about the interview process and the organization but would've been nice to know before the day of the interview. This is a very poorly thought out and executed interview process. It seems like HR is incompetent and doesn't know what they're doing. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time applying here.

Interview Questions

Lenovo Response

Nov 30, 2017 – Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for spending your time interviewing with Lenovo and for sharing your feedback. We strive to provide all candidates an excellent experience, whether or not they ultimately join Lenovo. The... More

LASR Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 months from submitting the application to the actual interview. The first phase is the video screening, after that is the meet and greet. Finally is the in person interview that consists of a 30 minute interview, presentation, and group activity.

My advice, talented people stay away from this program and do not waste your time. The whole selection process is entirely biased and incredibly sexist, and honestly a little unprofessional. The current LASR associates are not the brightest in the world. They overlook bright talented people with experience in sales for someone who has no experience whatsoever so they can be shaped into the sales associate Lenovo wants. Do yourself a favor, do no waste your time.

LASR Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied August 2017, and got a response from the company in October. I was asked to do a HireVue interview and it was 6 questions. Typical questions, why lenovo, etc. I researched before going into the interview. I really messed up on the last question of the interview. However, I made it to the next stage. It was a meet & greet where I met with other potential candidates and was able to be see the company in a relaxed enviroment. The next week i had the interview day which consisted of a team game, sales pitch presentation and interview. I drove more than 50 miles so i got gas mileage reimbursement.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Met with multiple people , HR, inside sales, functional management. Each lasted approximately 45 minutes and were 1:1 meetings. Each interviewer had my resume in hand, and was prepared for the interview. Plenty of time for me to ask questions, and a very good dialogue. Come prepared with your questions and specific examples of previous success.

Data Scientist-Supply Chain Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Very disorganized interview process. Applied---->response after 2 weeks---> first round-----> response after a month saying that thankyou for taking theinterview, will get back to you shortly----->no response after that!! No humanity to get back after the interview. Long waiting times! Worst Experience ever!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

I interviewed with several senior HR executives all around the US. Interviews were timely, relevant and productive. Gave me a real sense of the organization. All the interviews were virtual and showed me the importance of work life integration

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had multiple deadlines, and you had to make a decision about prioritizing your work.   1 Answer