Lenovo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.8

Lenovo Accelerated Sales Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

This interview process was very smooth. The entire process which included a video resume, on site meet and greet event, and formal interview day (10 min. presentation on a given topic, team exercise, and standard interview) only took about 1 month to complete and receive a decision. I received constant and timely feedback after completing each phase. The entire process is very straightforward and they are looking to see your personality and fitness for sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when the odds were against you and you prevailed   1 Answer

Future Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (New York, NY).

Interview

Nothing happened according to their timeline. CEB test cancelled, process started in September at university career fair, got an email shortly for CEB test which was cancelled and replaced by video interview a month later. Onsite interview which included individual and group case in November. Got selected for further round. Scheduling took forever and had a half n hour interview at end of December. No reply given until now despite contacting the recruiter. Finally after all the wait I accepted another offer elsewhere.

Interview Questions

Very unprofessional experience and I wouldn't recommend to apply and waste your precious time.

Lenovo Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Recruiting and Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are using your feedback to continue to improve our Process Implementation Plan. We appreciate the time you spent exploring a career with Lenovo.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

Straightforward single interview round at their office. Questions about resume and experiences, discussed job details and requirements, and went ahead from there. Interview lasted about 30 minutes, with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience do you have in conducting analysis?   Answer Question

Rotational Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, after a discussion at a career fair. Got an email for virtual pre-recorded interviews. Did not get through to next stage. I dont really know what went wrong, because I felt I answered the questions very well.

Channel Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward and not challenging. Been in far harder settings. Face to face was the final with 5 or 6 other interviews. The process was HR, hiring manager and then a few other peers and directors then a final interview with the hiring manager. Questions were many situational and around my background and why I would be a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your 30/60 day plan going into this role? what would your priorities be   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

There were two consecutive rounds. The first round was a group discussion on a case. The second was also a case study but candidates were required to do individual presentation.

Interview Questions

• How did you apply what you have learned in the case analysis?   Answer Question

Future Leaders Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo (New York, NY).

Interview

They were intended to do an CEB test. But somehow the website did not work. So they later changed it to a pre-recorded online interview. There are 4 questions in total and all of them are behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• If you can invest in only one project, what would it be?   1 Answer

Lenovo Accelerated Sales Rotational (LASR) Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Raleigh, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Apply online through their website, then they will contact you if they like you. Next step is an online "interview" that is prerecorded. You simply are given some time to answer record your answers on camera. If they like your video interview, then they invite you for an on-site interview in Raleigh, NC.

First night, there is a meet and greet with other candidates and some staff. Then the next day, there is an interview that consists of a "Why Lenovo" pitch to some employees, 2:1 interview (2 employees questioning you), and a team exercise (come up with a game with highest margins possible that you can market in a certain amount of time)

I had an extremely negative experience once I was invited to Raleigh for an in-person interview. First, most firms offer to pay travel costs. Lenovo requested I drive from the Washington, DC area. Not a huge deal since I have a reliable car and I'm used to driving long distances. However, they only offered to reimburse for gas expenses. Every other employer offered to pay the standard IRS deduction - 54 cents per mile. This equals roughly $300 + hotel expenses for reimbursement, but with gas only, my reimbursement was a little under $100. Not a huge deal, I was asking for a job after all, and they said my hotel would be prepaid.

However, upon arrival to the hotel, I had to pay for the room on my own personal credit card and wait several weeks for Lenovo to straighten things out and have the hotel refund my credit card. As for the ~$100 gas expense that they promised to reimburse, no such luck as of mid-January 2017 (My interview was in November 2016. Seems pretty unprofessional - I reached out to the recruiter, who has been promising to get me my reimbursement in November/Early December, but recently, have been ignoring my emails.

The recruiter also thought that it would be acceptable to share my personal information with a contractor, CTG, that Lenovo uses. I have accepted (a significantly better) offer a couple before Lenovo's decision for this position was released. I relayed this information to my recruiter, but he unprofessionally decided to forward my information to a 3rd party company instead.

Given my experience with Lenovo, I would be extremely hesitant to consider the firm as a future employer

Interview Questions

Lenovo Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Recruiting and Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for your review. Your experience was unusual and we are using your feedback to continue to improve our Process Implementation Plan. Reimbursement requests may be submitted to ... More

Future Leader Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, first with the HR recruits on case analysis. Then department leaders with more in-depth and individualized questions. First round was on the USC campus for california candidates, second was an online interview.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter who stated the process would be quick. My credentials matched exactly for the posted opening. After speaking with two recruiters, the next steps included six senior level interviews. Three were in person. The offer process is long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes. Negotiated overall package.