Lenovo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lenovo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 7, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo in February 2018.

Interview

really easy two round interview, first round technical phone screen, second round a talk with the team. somewhat disorganized because there were both chinese and english speakers involved, but overall it worked out.

Interview Questions

• What is one product you would like to see on the marketplace, and how would you implement it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lenovo (Durham, NC).

Interview

Depends on the position your applying for and in which department that is hireing..some departments are completely technical and most others are process and spreadsheet or phone driven. In most cases they were mostly technical and required to be informed about the technology field

Interview Questions

• How do you access the section in windows that let you change what boota at first start in windows   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First round: Telephone screening

Waiting for results of first round. The interviewer said he is gonna forward the feedback to hiring manager and i should expect an email in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Q: A global static variable is accessible outside the module it is defined in?
      Q: dynamic memory management from which area in memory for C/C++ code?
      Q: left shift operator?
      Q: pure virtual function has implementation in the base class?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR call, technical call interview, onsite interview in one week. No update is you don't get the position. Expect spend more than 30 mins on call interview. Might be a good opportunity.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lenovo in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was via telephone with a team lead and another software engineer. It lasted about an hour and was very friendly. There was a short employment history & behavioral conversation, and a long discussion around technology specific to the project I would be working on.

The second interview was an online coding exam. There were four programming problems of equal difficulty designed to test basic programming aptitude (simple algorithms and syntax). The entire test was online, timed (2 hours) and recorded. Results are sent to the interviewers.

The third interview was a very brief conversation with the department manager (30 mins). It was basically a review of the skills I could bring to the team and a couple clarifying questions about my resume, along with some additional information about the position.

A day after the third interview, I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how 'this' works in JavaScript.   1 Answer

Lenovo Response

May 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks for the good description.
    Lenovo generally has a recruiter contact the top candidates for a phone screen, typically within 2 weeks of applying. Afterwards, within a week or two, the top... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

why you are leaving your current employer
      why you are leaving your current employer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo in June 2017.

Interview

Overall it was a good interview. I appreciate the interest they had in me but i dint get an offer.I think they are looking for the right candidates that fits there position. But still have a positive attitude towards the company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo in June 2016.

Interview

This was a new position and I believe they really did a poor job on what the role truly ended up being as the position was not what they said it would be.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience   1 Answer

Channel Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward and not challenging. Been in far harder settings. Face to face was the final with 5 or 6 other interviews. The process was HR, hiring manager and then a few other peers and directors then a final interview with the hiring manager. Questions were many situational and around my background and why I would be a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your 30/60 day plan going into this role? what would your priorities be   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

Very laid back. We went out to lunch and we talked about the product and my experience. There was another interview which was a little more formal but never too bad.