Lenovo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lenovo Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lenovo in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was via telephone with a team lead and another software engineer. It lasted about an hour and was very friendly. There was a short employment history & behavioral conversation, and a long discussion around technology specific to the project I would be working on.

The second interview was an online coding exam. There were four programming problems of equal difficulty designed to test basic programming aptitude (simple algorithms and syntax). The entire test was online, timed (2 hours) and recorded. Results are sent to the interviewers.

The third interview was a very brief conversation with the department manager (30 mins). It was basically a review of the skills I could bring to the team and a couple clarifying questions about my resume, along with some additional information about the position.

A day after the third interview, I was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain how 'this' works in JavaScript.   1 Answer

Lenovo Response

May 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thanks for the good description.
    Lenovo generally has a recruiter contact the top candidates for a phone screen, typically within 2 weeks of applying. Afterwards, within a week or two, the top... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.quite normal. 2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

why you are leaving your current employer
      why you are leaving your current employer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo in June 2017.

Interview

Overall it was a good interview. I appreciate the interest they had in me but i dint get an offer.I think they are looking for the right candidates that fits there position. But still have a positive attitude towards the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lenovo (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First round: Telephone screening

Waiting for results of first round. The interviewer said he is gonna forward the feedback to hiring manager and i should expect an email in 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Q: A global static variable is accessible outside the module it is defined in?
      Q: dynamic memory management from which area in memory for C/C++ code?
      Q: left shift operator?
      Q: pure virtual function has implementation in the base class?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

HR call, technical call interview, onsite interview in one week. No update is you don't get the position. Expect spend more than 30 mins on call interview. Might be a good opportunity.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo in June 2016.

Interview

This was a new position and I believe they really did a poor job on what the role truly ended up being as the position was not what they said it would be.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience   1 Answer

Interview

Most candidates that make it to the interview process are referrals. There are usually two phone interviews, then one face-to-face interview. Questions relate to experience, accomplishments, and describing situations that required you to think outside the box and had paid off.

Interview Questions

• All pretty standard, it's not an unusual format by any means.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wouldn't advise being picky as they tend to do their best to give the best possible offer upfront.

Channel Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo.

Interview

Interview process was fairly straight forward and not challenging. Been in far harder settings. Face to face was the final with 5 or 6 other interviews. The process was HR, hiring manager and then a few other peers and directors then a final interview with the hiring manager. Questions were many situational and around my background and why I would be a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your 30/60 day plan going into this role? what would your priorities be   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

I applied online and received a call within a week from the HR to attend for a face to face interview. The interview went well but I was not selected.

Interview Questions

Lenovo Response

Mar 11, 2015 – Human Resources

In the US, internal applicants apply to our internal job site.
    Internal applicants usually do not talk to a recruiter. If selected for an interview, the internal employee typically interviews with... More

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lenovo (Morrisville, NC) in October 2011.

Interview

Was brought in by a temp company. Had a short interview process where I spoke with people who would be on my team and discussed past work. I was asked into a conference where 4 people sat. Both managers and future co-workers. Everyone was welcoming and quite pleasant.

Negotiation

No negotiation... I went through a temp agency and there was no room for negotiation. Very small raises from year to year.