LevelUp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LevelUp

2.7

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LevelUp (Boston, MA).

Interview

1st round interview - suppose to be 3hrs, but all of my interviewers didn’t show up to work, so only had 1hr interview

2nd round- interview - 3hrs

This interview process was so long and dragged out. I was contacted in mid Oct for a phone screening, which happened in the next few days. I was then contacted for a phone interview in early Nov for a phone interview. l had the first in person interview in mid Nov and second in person interview in Early Dec. During these interviews, they made it seem like I had the position. Mid Dec they reached out for my references and then essentially disappeared. I asked them for an update multiple times until they told me they decided to go in another direction without a clear explanation of what happened. I have my ideas of what caused the sway in direction, but I do not want to go into that. The interview process needs to be modified.

I don’t think I’d ever reapply here due to the way they handled this process. I’ve read other reviews about them getting information, sales tactics, & etc. i don’t disagree.

Interview Questions

• Asked to review cases and provide solutions (for marketing)   Answer Question

Tech Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LevelUp (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was over 2 months long for a role they said they needed someone yesterday for. I spoke with the Director of Talent twice on the phone and then went in for a personal interview that turned into a bait and switch. I was scheduled to meet with the Director and several of the Managers/Directors of the Tech teams. I arrived and was told they changed their interview process because of a previous applicant. If I had known that I never would have taken the time off work. After taking the time to go in she never even had the decency to send me a rejection letter. Worst experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you used (obscure sourcing product)?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LevelUp.

Interview

Phone screening with HR. Gave a brief overview of the company and the team. Asked about experience and relevant skills. Not many behavioral questions, mostly experience based.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward, i.e. Walk me through your resume, why Level Up?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at LevelUp in November 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiter. Given assignment related to POST/GET endpoints. Code share exercise. Then onsite. My recruiter was very timely and great. However once onsite it seemed like people were not interested. One my of onsite interviewers actually forgot what questions he was supposed to asked (admitted that out loud) and we proceeded to work through a design question on the fly. I thought this was extremely unprofessional as the onsite requires at least half a day and time off from my current job.

Interview Questions

• Reading through existing production code and design question   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LevelUp in September 2018.

Interview

I received an email from their technical recruiter to schedule a phone interview. He said that he has basic logistics questions before we proceed with the interview. He then told me to quickly walk him through my resume and experience, which I did. Afterwards, I asked him questions about the company, the team, and the product. I felt like I was the one asking all the questions. It should have been a sign that he was not interested in moving forward. After I asked my questions, he told me that they are not going to get back to me with their decision that week and it might be the following week when I hear back from them. Again, I should have taken that as a sign that they were not interested. A month has passed since the interview and I never heard back from them. I finally took their silence as a sign that I was rejected. If they are not accepting out-of-state candidates, they should put that in the job descriptions. That experience has left me with the bad impression on the company, the people, and their products.

Support Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at LevelUp (Boston, MA) in July 2018.

Interview

I was a referral from a current employee. The process consisted of an initial phone screening, then a phone interview with the department manager, then a series of three on-site interviews with two people in each that lasted about two and a half hours. I did not receive an offer, but was told that I would be considered for future openings. I was given an offer for another position about a month an a half later without having to interview a second time.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle angry or upset customers?   1 Answer

Master Problem Solver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LevelUp (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Three rounds:
    1) Initial phone screen with recruiter
    2) Phone screen with team manager
    3) Onsite to meet with members of the team

It was a great process interviewing with LevelUp. Everyone who I met was super nice, smart, and driven. The recruiter moved quickly with a ton of transparency which I appreciated. Onsite interview included two mini case studies which weren't too hard. They went with someone with more startup experience but it was still a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Manager asked me how he would help me succeed at LevelUp   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LevelUp.

Interview

First there was a phone screen with the recruiter, then an online coding session. The person conducting the coding session showed up quite late and jumped right into the algorithm question. The experience felt impersonal and relied 100% on your algorithm creation skills. That said, the rest of the process was great and I would apply again.

Interview Questions

• Write a function to determine if a string is a palindrome.   Answer Question
    • The largest palindrome from the product of two 2-digit number is 9009. Write a function to find the largest palindrome from the product of two 3-digit numbers.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LevelUp (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a really positive experience interviewing with LevelUp. After a brief phone call with their recruiter I had a video phone call with one of their dev leads. This was the basic technical interview with a couple of coding questions and then time for me to ask questions. I then visited their office for the on-site where I had 4-5 quick sessions back to back. These were a good mix of technical (including reading through code), high level design, and just personal interviews. Everyone I met with was really nice and I never once met with anyone who seemed like they didn't want to be there or anything. The recruiter I was in contact with was really great about answering all my questions and moving the process along.

Interview Questions

• Since they're a smaller engineering team I don't want to give away anything they asked. That being said, if you know your basic skills then on the technical side you'll be okay.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LevelUp (Boston, MA).

Interview

Had 2 phone screening calls and then took the design test that consisted of designing 4 or so app screens and an icon for a fast/casual eatery, followed up with a presentation and feedback session.

I'm all for design tests, but this one is pretty extensive and time-consuming, without any type of compensation. I was immediately turned off by it as I put an estimate of 6-8 hrs on it. The more I've talked to designers in the Boston community about Level Up's design test and interviewing process, the more I realized that I wasn't alone. The feedback session was riddled with bad feedback and egotistical attitudes, so I got through it as quickly as possible to not waste any more of my time. That was the icing on the cake and cemented my initial concerns about this place and that I didn't want to work there.

I've met people that have turned down interviews with Level Up because of this design test. Wish I had listened to my gut and done the same.

Interview Questions

• Design a few screens based on   1 Answer