Liberty Tax Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

1.9

Sign Waver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly simple, I just walked into my local Liberty Tax and asked about the job, and the manager came out the back and talked to me for a few minutes and then started to interview me. Not too long of a wait, print out the application bring it back writhing a few days and start in that time period, good staff/management.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (South Gate, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

brief explanation of the job hired on the spot we went out and did some marketing to show how the manager wanted the marketers to do the job and hired me on the spot

Interview Questions

• can you talk to managers/store owners   1 Answer

Senior Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted and asked to come in. Time for coming into the office was very flexible. Because of my level of expertise, availability was really the only concern.

Interview Questions

• What I understood about preparing tax returns on a consistent basis   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dawsonville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Dawsonville, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

In order to make it to the interview process, you must first complete their tax preparation class. Once you have completed the full course and completed the exams required, then you are invited to an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a flexible schedule?   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

I was asked about prior work experience, I was asked what position I wanted. I was given training for 8 weeks non-paid. The work is challenging but fun. It is very much so worth working at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you get a base pay plus bonus. The bonus and pay is based on knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (New York, NY).

Interview

If you take the class and pas the Liberty test you can usually have a job. There is no experience required and there is no interview process. They are happy with a warm body as little training as they can squeeze by with.

Prep Interview

Interview

There was no interview. Just have to take a class and pass a test. You get a book and you practice in a class. Working with a client all by yourself.

Back End, MISC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I got a call from a person who saw my resume on CareerBuilder and they wanted to interview me, I asked if they had any positions on the back end of the organizations since I really don't want to work with customers/clients, and the person assured me that they do, so I schedule and interview in Los Angeles, CA in September 2016. Once I get the email confirmation, they tell me that they don't have parking and to park in the Taco Bell across the street, uhm, okay. When I get there, I have to fill out some paper work, general application stuff, name, phone, email, where I live, past job experience, why I want to work there, etc.
    Once I finish that, I get to talk to a manager, she goes on and on about their taxing services and how to be a tax preparer, yada yada yada. She explains to me that to be hired there is an 8 week process that's free, except the $250 in books, just one exam, open book, and once I pass (with a C or higher) I am guaranteed a job. Yes, a part-time position with work only 6 months of the year! Oh goody.
    Let me give you a little backstory, I'm a recent graduate with a B.S. in Business, I'm not going to school again to work part-time for only 6 months! Ridiculous!
    I explain to her that the person on the phone told me there were back end positions available, and she says no, that everyone hired has to pass this taxing exam.
    She never asks any questions about my experience or anything, and the interview ends there with a promise of a call for further information, which I never receive to my relief. That whole ordeal was a waste of my time.

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clarksburg, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Clarksburg, WV).

Interview

Met with owner did personality quiz worked on paperwork also test on computers was introduced to the liberty tax softwsre was quiz an tested in computer software also was taught to prepare taxes on paper was introduced to a pub seventeen.was also taught about the continuously changing tax ruled an law's was taught that the preparation is constantly changing

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Bronx, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was introduced to liberty tax services during a career job fair. I was called for an interview a few days after then I met with the manger and got accepted.

Interview Questions

• are you interested in preparing tax   1 Answer