Liberty Tax Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

1.8

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Jupiter, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Very casual. Over the phone she stated that it'll be like a conversation with a new friend and it was. Mainly just a conversation and she went in detail of the job description.

Sign Waver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Richmond, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Fairly simple, I just walked into my local Liberty Tax and asked about the job, and the manager came out the back and talked to me for a few minutes and then started to interview me. Not too long of a wait, print out the application bring it back writhing a few days and start in that time period, good staff/management.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Clinton, MS) in January 2017.

Interview

was already taking tax classes with the manager and I passed the test and paid for my tax id so manager gave me an opportunity to work... the interview was normal asked basic interview questions and once again manager was already familiar with who i was so i was an immediate hire

Interview Questions

• Do you understand your obligations as a tax preparer? And give me some examples of due diligence...   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Gate, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (South Gate, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

brief explanation of the job hired on the spot we went out and did some marketing to show how the manager wanted the marketers to do the job and hired me on the spot

Interview Questions

• can you talk to managers/store owners   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dawsonville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Dawsonville, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

In order to make it to the interview process, you must first complete their tax preparation class. Once you have completed the full course and completed the exams required, then you are invited to an interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a flexible schedule?   1 Answer

Senior Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted and asked to come in. Time for coming into the office was very flexible. Because of my level of expertise, availability was really the only concern.

Interview Questions

• What I understood about preparing tax returns on a consistent basis   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (New York, NY).

Interview

If you take the class and pas the Liberty test you can usually have a job. There is no experience required and there is no interview process. They are happy with a warm body as little training as they can squeeze by with.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

I was asked about prior work experience, I was asked what position I wanted. I was given training for 8 weeks non-paid. The work is challenging but fun. It is very much so worth working at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you get a base pay plus bonus. The bonus and pay is based on knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Very brief, took about 30 minutes and the person who interviewed me did a good job. The are flexible with what hours you can work with. They come across as really wanting you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Is it okay that this position is only for four months?   1 Answer

Prep Interview

Interview

There was no interview. Just have to take a class and pass a test. You get a book and you practice in a class. Working with a client all by yourself.