Liberty Travel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Liberty Travel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.4

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

Online application. Was contacted via email a few days later to set up a time for a phone interview. Interview lasted less than 30 minutes. Basic questions about experience and travel. Moved onto a background check immediately following phone interview which took about a week. Also prompted to complete a brief question via email. Next was an in person interview on location. Supposed to last 30 minutes but varies. I was there for over an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on base salary.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, background check and then an in store assessment. A somewhat long process but fairly easy. Afterwards, there is two weeks of training on systems and sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating salary.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Newark, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

They asked to sell a vacation to them- role playing- phone interview and in person interview. Basics questions. Drug test. Background test. Went into store and answered phones and did basic skills. Shown how things are run. Took geography courses.

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

interviewed with about 15 other people in the back of one of the offices. none of the people who interviewed me or the people who got hired with me still work for the company.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel in July 2016.

Interview

3 steps - First you get called by a recruiter. Second you'll have a background check done (this is the longest part to wait to get back) Third you have an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Where have you traveled?
      What do you like about travel?
      Do you have sales experience?
      Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview

Applied online..multistage process..three days after received phone interview invitation. Olivia from the HR Office was really nice and communication was great. Next step is skype interview, then background check by filling out some paperwork..last stage is in store assessment with team leader.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think people chose travel agencies?   1 Answer

Travel Agent Interview

Interview

It was very brief it only lasted about ten minutes. I felt like I didn't do well but I recieved an e mail that welcomed me to move on to the next phase of the interview process

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for liberty travel?   1 Answer
    • Where have you travelled to? Try and sell me the place you travelled to   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared to describe the vacations you have been on and try and sell it to the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Apply online through website, then have a phone interview, if they like you then they will have you do a personality test along with some background check related stuff. If everything comes back okay then they'll invite you to an in store assessment. This will be a quick interview along with some assessments. If all that goes well they will offer you a job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel (Wilmington, DE) in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was prolonged due to personnel's ineptness. In-store assessment had to be rescheduled due to poor communication between HR & store. Was kept waiting at store for over 20 minutes for 2 minute instructional interview where I was told to answer store phones and reply to a misleading email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you didn't meet sales goals?   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Travel in June 2015.

Interview

First I applied online, a day later I got an email to set up a phone interview. One week later I had my phone interview, which was about 30minutes. Very easy, they asked questions regarding my resume, if I have travelled, why would I like to work for liberty etc. next I was prompted to complete some online assessments. They say it takes 45 minutes but plan for a little bit longer than that. I also submitted my information for an extensive background check (which took 4 days for them to complete). Once I cleared background check, an in store assessment was scheduled with the store team leader. Be prepared to answer the phone, and a couple other tasks! The process can be a little lengthy but totally worth the wait!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiations for salary. All travel agents start at $30,000/yr + commission