Lifescience Dynamics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Lifescience Dynamics Interview Questions

Interviews at Lifescience Dynamics

3.2

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics in February 2019.

Interview

I contacted the HR and founder directly on LinkedIn. The first step was to fill out a candidate form where you asked to give general details such as career goals, scores, skills etc. The next steps are meant to assess powerpoint skills, writing skills, communication, presentation skills and aptitude.

I didn't get hired for this position. However, the interview process was quick and very efficient. Mr.Rafaat and Emma were very responsive and their commitment to potential employees is something every company should strive to achieve. At every step of the way, they ensured that any issues were quickly resolved and after the rejection, they gave a detailed feedback on my interview. I look forward to re-applying for a position in Lifescience Dynamics in the future.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics.

Interview

After going through a barrage of interviews - behavioral, online aptitude tests, case studies - I was informed that I was moving forward to the final in-person round. I had spent a considerable amount of time and energy into each round. When I was asked for availability, because of constraints on both their end and my availability, I requested the interview be moved to the beginning of the following month. It was agreed upon and I was told I would be given the final date the following week. After 2 weeks had gone by, I followed up with the recruiter and advised that they had “made the strategic decision to deprioritize CI recruitment in order to focus on expanding market access practice.” I repeatedly checked the LSD careers page - No posting for market access specific positions. Not only did they neglect to inform me and fabricate the story, they were extremely unprofessional in communicating this decision and did not give me an opportunity to even receive a feedback/consideration for future openings. Sincerest advice to the recruiting team - Please learn to respect your talent pool and their time and resources.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (Boston, MA).

Interview

Got an email for a phone interview about 6 weeks after online application. I thought this was going to be standard screening phone interview as with many other life science consulting firms. However, I was hardly asked any fit questions. The interviewer called me late, did not apologize, seemed bored, and was rude. The tone was very condescending with phrases like "well, if you don't know this you should" after every 3-4 sentences when he didn't even ask me whether I actually knew something or not, saying "well, we do... and if you don't know that you should... we have.. if you don't know that, you should." I was also asked a lot of weird questions on stuff that only a person with at least a year's worth of consulting experience would know. The questions were so specific that I can't even remember them to given an example. The interviewer also seemed unhappy there. When I asked what's your experience been at Lifescience Dynamics, I was told that he gets to travel a lot and "at least that is one good part." After that, I had no interest in moving forward with the company which luckily was a mutual feeling.

Interview Questions

• Why Lifesciences Dynamics?
      Have you ever worked in a lab - a funny questions to ask someone with a PhD in hardcore biomedical science.
      Despite knowing that I had a PhD in basic science, I was asked have you ever organized (some verb along that line) clinical trials? No, I have not!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (Boston, MA) in February 2019.

Interview

Multiple stages. Initial screening via email and over the phone (1:1). Then this was followed by an online aptitude (intelligence, essay, PowerPoint) and a fit/intelligence test interview over the phone. Last stage involves a fit interview and a case study presentation, prepared over 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the current state of the pharma industry in the US and the EU?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (Boston, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

Very streamlined. Took me 3 weeks with two questinnaires and a phone call with sr. business analyst. One of the most streamlined interview process I have gone through. Very quick response from HR.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you made a mistake. He asked this question twice to check if that was a made up question. Some technical question related with the industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (Boston, MA).

Interview

1st round: Supplementary questionnaire asking about your goals, motivation, and understanding of the role.

2nd round: 45 minute online math assessment, essentially testing your ability to do basic algebra. 30 minute writing assessment where you get to choose from a few prompts related to the current trends in the pharmaceutical industry. Also a 15 minute "PowerPoint" assessment testing your ability to find and quickly fix minor errors in formatting and language.

3rd round: Standard 60 minute phone interview asking fit and behavioral questions, and what you know about the firm

4th round: 60 minute "case interview," but it consisted mostly of simple brain teasers and some trick questions. Not at all a case interview in the traditional sense

5th round: Some kind of in-person presentation in NYC, which I declined. I was offered $75 towards travel, which would have covered less than half

I am rating this as "Difficult," not because it was challenging, but because it was tedious

Interview Questions

• If you are in a race, and you pass the person in 2nd, what place are you in?

If you give your friend half of your money from your wallet, and he spends $5, and has $10 leftover, how much did you have to begin with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Before I start my review I would like to point out the CEO directly reached out to me via LinkedIn to apply for the position. In the first interview you had to complete an excel, PowerPoint and maths test followed by a face-face interview. The tests were fine but the face-face was unprofessional. The person interviewing me kept checking her phone throughout the 30 minutes and only stopped checking it once I had sparked her interest. I understand consulting is demanding but you can refrain from using your phone for 30 minutes.

It took nearly 1 month to hear back with numerous emails to different people to find out if my application was being taken forward. Eventually I was invited back for the next stage which involved preparing a 20 minute presentation surmising the competitive landscape for arthritis, on the spot problem solving questions ~1-1.5 hours (also an explanation of the drug development process), and an hour of face-face interviews with 3 different individuals. The problem solving spot questions were difficult and the interviewer just kept looking at me as though I was thick when I was trying to methodically come up with an answer - overall I felt the interviewer was dismissive and didn't want to be there. Questions regarding the drug development process were fine - but they kept trying to push on aspects they clearly knew I had no experience or expertise! Interview with potential colleagues were fine. The interview with the Director was ok but I thought it was totally unprofessional that she had reached out to someone she knew that had worked at my current employer and felt the need to tell me this information during the interview. When it came to the presentation, the room was not set up, it was littered with rubbish and the computer was falling apart. I was not introduced to the team and given there was no pointer and I needed to use the mouse I decided to sit and present (I wouldn't normally do this!). About 5 slides into the presentation the director who previously interviewed me said 'maybe you would feel better standing up and presenting properly'. This was both rude and completely unnecessary especially in the middle of someones presentation!!! Questions at the end were quite tough given the subject matter arthritis was outside of my specialty, and again they kept asking questions they knew I had no experience given my background.

I would just like to point out I only had just over a week to prepare this presentation, which given the complexity of the Arthritis landscape is not sufficient, especially when it is outside your re-mit. I spent hours preparing this presentation and to be honest I feel I wasted my time. A job interview is as much about you impressing your potential employer as it is about them impressing you. The latter definitely fell flat on its face in this case. Even if they had offered me the job I would have turned it down based on the rude nature of some of the individuals that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Explain the drug development process? (lots of questions regarding the commercialization and how you would gain competitive intelligence)
      A bat and a ball cost £1.10, the bat costs £1.00 more than the ball, how much does the ball cost?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 4 stages: a phone interview, timed written and numerical tests, a case interview, and a presentation with 2 face to face interviews in the office. Everyone I've met during the interview process was very friendly and engaged in the conversation. I received feedback after each interview round very quickly, next day or even the same day. I really liked peer interviews (first phone interview and face to face interview in the office), they were quite informal, but very informative, particularly regarding the day to day work and the company's culture. Numerical test is worth preparing before taking it, but was relatively straightforward. For the written test I had to write an essay on one of the suggested topics, some of them were pharma related, others were more of behavioural interview questions. For the case interview I had a few brain teasers to start with and a CI pharma case. Both the case interview and the presentation were in a format of a lively discussion. Overall, I had a really good experience throughout the interviewing process, which came to the end by a phone call from the founder to congratulate me on my performance and to make an offer.

Interview Questions

• bring an example when you let your colleague/client down   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (London, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

Make sure you wear a tie to the interview! (explanation below...)

Stage 1. Phone interview with Business Analyst - 30 mins, competency-based, general discussion on background and motivation for applying
    Stage 2. Online tests - Maths test, writing and short ppt exercise
    Stage 3. Case study - 1 hour of scenario-based case studies, only 1 of which was to do with pharma industry
    Stage 4. F2F interviews - 2 separate 30 min interviews with Business Analysts/Consultants, Informal chat with CEO and a final 30 min presentation to ~5 team members on a topic provided a week before

The online tests and case studies are completely pointless, and massive time wasters in my opinion. The skills that are tested are basic maths, writing and ppt skills that anyone who has been employed in a half decent job should be able to complete, and the case studies are just ridiculous...

Anyway, once you've completed all these crazy pointless tests you feel like you've completed a marathon of sorts so you proceed to the final stage...

For my final stage, the first interview was with the CEO. He arrived over 15 minutes late, and when he did arrive the first thing he says (rather than apologising for being late) is to mention I'm not wearing a tie with a look of real concern (as if I had come in wearing a full tracksuit), then going off on a spiel about how important it is to look smart in client meetings etc, and how he had once not hired a candidate because he didn't wear a tie or a belt! I will point out I was wearing a suit, so was suitably smart, but needless to say this put me on the back foot from the off. He did go on to apologise for being late after this, and then we had an informal chat about my background and motivations for applying. I felt as though I recovered really well from the early knock in confidence and came across well, but I could sense that even if I told him that I'd found a cure for cancer his opinion on me would not have changed.

Anyway, I will say that the interviews I had with the other members of the team were a lot more enjoyable. I was mainly asked very informal questions and it did seem as though there was a nice working environment with a clear 'family feel'. Overall it did seem like all employees were happy to work there and it was a good place to work. I was asked a number of questions during my presentation and everyone seemed engaged, and I received some positive feedback directly afterwards. However, I was ultimately not offered the position - apparently I missed a few points out of my presentation (in reality these were fairly small points that would have been fairly easily modifiable in a real-world scenario, but that's just my opinion!).

In conclusion, the impression I got is that the company would have been a good place to work, however, the recruitment process needs to change. I appreciate that the company wants to hire the best talent, but there is a way of going about it and for a company of this size it is not necessary to put so many hoops in the way for candidates to jump through. I almost never post reviews, and rejection for jobs is part of life today for anyone, however, certain aspects of this process in particular did really strike a nerve with me, and from reading other candidates reviews I can see I'm not the only one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were proactive at work?
      Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
      Tell me something about you that's not on your CV
      Who were your role models growing up?
      What could you bring to this role that is unique?
      What's your biggest strength?
      You have found out about a Phase III asset for a competitor. What information would you want to know, and how would you get it?
      How would you bring to market a teleportation device? (case study)
      If a piece of rope takes 30 mins to burn, how would you determine when 45 mins has passed if you have 2 equal pieces of the rope (or something like that...)   Answer Question

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifescience Dynamics (London, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

Telephone Interview. The overall experience was very positive, the interviewer was friendly and genuinely interested in my answers. The online tests were extremely challenging however, with the Excel test being more like a numeracy test which was very misleading.