Lifion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lifion

2.8

Sort:

Agile Project Manager Interview

Interview

Poor. The recruiter who was supposed to call me for my 30m phone screen never did, nor did she respond to my two emails following up (5min after scheduled time to re-confirm; 2h after to reschedule). Two days later I received a form email through Greenhouse, not even from the recruiter herself, rejecting me. Three days later the recruiter emailed me asking for my availability, as she was sick the first time. I answered with my availability, and then -- silence.

Overall a baffling experience.

Agile Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lifion.

Interview

Very Poor. First the person who was supposed to take interview did not turn up during the video call. The two people who came was more focussed on showing their skill set and knowledge rather than listening . The body language and attitude was very poor . It was an indication that they are trying to demean the interviewee. All in all bad experience and i think interviewers should be mature because thats a reflection of organization culture

Interview Questions

• What is critical path. how many critical paths can be there   1 Answer

Dec 5, 2016 – Program Recruiter

We are so sorry that this was your experience.

We attempt to be transparent in our communications that we may have last minute scheduling changes. We are a start up in full pilot mode and we... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lifion in June 2017.

Interview

Reached by an external Recruiter; One phone call with an internal Hr and one technical online interview; I couldn't get the design question quite right, so they passed on me.

Both the Hr and the Software Engineer were informative and supportive. Overall had a positive experience and would definitely like to re-apply after I gain more experience on this stack.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lifion (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Went through a recruiter phone screen with mostly behavioral questions, goals and a little information about the company. after that there was a technical coderpad interview which took an hour. and after that i went onsite. the onsite consisted of meeting other developers for 1 hr and product managers for another hr. you will be asked to whiteboard for the first hour. that wasnt very difficult, but you will be expected to write actual code on the whiteboard and not psuedocode. meeting the product managers, they will try to ask you goals and positions you'd best be a fit for. however the product manager i had in my interview was very unprofessional and had a really bad attitude when i asked for clarification of the problem. ultimately, i was thrown off and the experience was quite negative. but interviewing is a two way street and i believe you are screening the company as well as they are screening you. so ultimately, this was not a place id like to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lifion (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The HR person contacted me to setup an interview. This was relatively easy. It seems their website's sole purpose is recruiting. The website looks good for this purpose.

They described their projects. It sounds like they're reacting to Zenefits' competition.

They asked me very average questions. Nothing exotic. Then the HR person came up with a conclusion about me that seems completely bogus because there is absolutely no way she could have known that about me in the 20 minutes that the interview lasted. Also, I'm pretty sure her assessment was wrong. If she had read the recommendations on my LinkedIn, she probably would have realized how wrong she was.

Interview Questions

• What are you interests?
      Describe your work experience
      Describe previous projects
      How did I handle past issues?   Answer Question

Jun 28, 2016 – Program Recruiter

We are very sorry that you feel that our interview was not a proper assessment of your skills. If you would like further review, please email feedback@lifion.com and I am happy to discuss this... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lifion (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I got in contact via a recruiter initially, then had a preliminary HR interview on the phone where the recruiter asked me about company culture and what I wanted with my next role. Shortly after I was invited for a video interview with one of their engineers. He asked me some fundamental questions about Javascript as a language and had some fairly straightforward coding problems that I typed out with him over a shared document. Later that day I got a call by the interviewer saying they'd like to invite me for an on-site interview. I had two interviews scheduled with senior engineers. They asked me the typical HR-type questions and then we did some white-boarding. This involved a solution that required data structures to solve. The final thing I did was a code review where I reviewed some random code chunk that was hypothetically a pull request. I was invited to meet some of the team after this. Later that day I got a call from the recruiter again. He said they'd like to bring me back for another round that was slightly less technically driven and more of a culture fit interview. I met with three interviewers in this next round. The first guy asked me only one white-boarding question about API communications. The rest of the time was spent talking about Javascript as a language, my experience, and the company. Two guys came in together next and asked me a barrage of fundamental Javascript questions about syntactical structure, call stacks, and closures. I was given a chance to ask them questions about what they were working on at the end. All in all, the interview process moved quickly (I think they make it pretty obvious if they are interested in you) and smoothly. The employees were friendly and never aloof. They seemed genuinely interested in me and I appreciated that they made such an effort to determine if I would truly be a good addition to their team.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, compare and contrast popular frameworks, Big O (time and space requirements)   Answer Question

Jul 6, 2016 – Program Recruiter

So glad you had a great experience. We want everyone to enjoy the same. Once you start, please let us know any ways we can make it even better!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lifion in July 2016.

Interview

Video Call:
    Interviewer was really good. Made me relax and asked questions out of my resume( esp from the projects i did),Data Structures and asked me to change the case study i submitted before for a different question. He was very cool and allowed me to take time to answer the questions. The interview was really good overall.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure:
       How would you sort an unsorted array and explain its Big O
      How would you store a name value pair   1 Answer

Jul 26, 2016 – Program Recruiter

Awesome! So glad you joined our team. :-)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lifion (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with 1-2 people in addition to a recruiter call and a technical phone screen. Part of the interview was spent on fit perspective and culture other parts were purely technical capabilities. The process was quite efficient and their lead recruiter was very professional and was able to answer many of the questions I had quickly. Quite a few of them on the spot even.

Interview Questions

• Sorting algorithms, run time complexity understanding, designing a system bottoms-up.   1 Answer
    • After asking me to explain how I architected a solution they asked what would happen if this scaled where would bottle neck be? how would I use caching to reduce load, etc?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lifion in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on company website. First was a phone call with a recruiter. Second was a technical 1-hour Skype screen. Third round was a 2-hour technical Skype screen with 2 different people.

Recruiter was rude, swore on the phone a few times about some technical difficulties he was having during one conversation we were having, and always spoke on the phone with an aggressive tone (in a bad way). On the other hand, he was extremely quick at following up with interview results and setting up the technical interviews, so I will give him that.

First tech screen was great. I spoke with a senior dev and he was extremely nice. I felt like we were working "together" on the problems. I passed that interview. After that interview, I did a second round of Skype interviews. The first guy was extremely arrogant and rude. He gave me a coding challenge to do via collabedit. After saying I was done with the problem, he laughed a little and said there were multiple things wrong with my code solution. Then we walk through the solution, and he realizes that I actually got it right, and that there was nothing actually wrong. He just starts mumbling, saying "fine... ok... fine...". Then he adds some ridiculous and extremely vague twist on that problem as a follow up question. It literally made no sense, and when I asked him for clarification questions, he just answered "yeah, I guess". What?!? I think he asked the extremely hard and vague follow up question out of spite.

Ok, I pass that and do the second hour of Skype with a different developer. He asked pretty standard JS concepts. A day later, they send me an email saying they're turning me down because they changed their minds and are looking for senior devs now. Great, I waste a month emailing this rude recruiter and taking time out of my work day to interview, only to be turned down because they changed their business requirements.

Overall, it was kind of an uncomfortable experience. I felt like the recruiter and one of the developers I spoke to felt that they could talk to me in unprofessional tones because they were in the position to give me a job. I felt like I just had to "take it" or look past it when they were being rude. Lifion also don't seem to have a coherent business model because they wasted their own time and money (and mine) interviewing me when they ended up changing their minds because of a change in direction.

Interview Questions

Lifion Response

Jun 21, 2016 – Project Specialist

Hello - thank you for this detailed review. We have escalated this review to our hiring team at the Lifion location. We appreciate your interest in working at Lifion and hope that you will have a... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lifion (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

An external recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and made introductions to Lifion's internal recruiters. That led to a quick HR phone call where I got the chance to ask about the requirements position they were recruiting for and a quick overview of what the culture was like. I was also asked why I was leaving my previous company and what I looked for in a company, which I thought was a refreshing change of pace from other recruitment phone calls I've had.

A video call was scheduled for the following week. It was with an engineer who quickly dove into a shared screen session where I was asked to open my favorite editor. He then asked me a couple of CS questions where was asked to implement a solution and talk him through my thought process. The last 5-10 minutes of the 45 minute call were open for any questions I might have had about the company or the environment. I got an email the same day regarding setting up an onsite interview within the next week.

The onsite interview consisted of two one hour interviews, each with a prospective team that I might join. All of my interviewers were very polite. Both interviews had a similar structure. They started with my resume, asking questions about my work history and where my interests lay technically. Then came some on-the-board CS questions with some general algorithms, Javascript gotchas, node, authentication, and web application architecture.

After the interviews were over, I received a call within a couple of hours relating good news that the teams had liked me and that Lifion was interested in extending an offer. Overall, it was a challenging, but well done process that I hope Lifion continues to improve and uphold.

Interview Questions

• How would you merge two lists of uneven lengths that may contain duplicates? What is the runtime? Can you optimize for space?   Answer Question
    • Traverse a BST in order. Give runtime and space requirements.   Answer Question
    • What makes Node different than traditional, non-blocking web servers? How do you scale a Node application?   Answer Question
    • Print the Fibonacci sequence up to a passed in limit.   Answer Question
    • Given a snippet, describe the state of the Javascript event queue as the code executes. What order would different functions execute?   Answer Question

May 15, 2016 – Program Recruiter

So glad that you had a great experience and that your feedback and timeline was quick. That is our goal! So glad to have you on the team. If you would like to get more involved with making our... More