Lincoln International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a standard 30-minute on-campus interview and super day two days after. The super day had five interviews with a break in the middle and a lunch following. I was asked all the standard behavioral and technical questions; they were mostly looking for fit.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose any 1-on-1 competition that determines if you get an offer or not, what would you choose?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

I came through a recruiter and took a position with Lincoln's Valuations & Opinions Group. After roughly two years, I switched groups laterally within the firm. During my original interview, I had multiple rounds of interviews and met with multiple bankers across every level of the firm during each round. I was asked multiple behavioral questions and also took an examination to test my finance/quantitative skills.

Interview Questions

• As a follow-up to "what's your greatest weakness?", I was asked what my second greatest weakness was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International.

Interview

Simple 2 rounds process; 1 round was on campus and 2nd round is in person at the office;
    no technical questions and all behavior based questions
    Met with a variety of people

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews with multiple people, If you are doing well the CEO will jump in for the final interview. Really engaged in prior experience and wanted examples from prior experience that could show a skill set that can transfer to the new position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International in August 2014.

Interview

After interning at a different investment bank than Lincoln International this previous summer, I was eager to join a bank for full time that put an emphasis on professional development and the importance of culture. I was able to get in touch with members of the firm and those that interned there in the previous summer - I was happy to hear that their experience at Lincoln challenged them to develop both their hard and soft skills on a daily basis. Not only was their experience positive professionally, but everyone valued the open door culture and the regular exposure with senior management. Analysts had very positive things to say about the amount of responsibility they had been given at such an early stage in their career. Having spoken with numerous investment banks throughout the recruiting process, I can honestly say that the analysts at Lincoln sounded genuinely happy with their decision to join the firm and consistently entertained the idea of staying with the firm to become an Associate.

I was fortunate to be selected for a final round interview at Lincoln International, which included 6 interviews and a lunch with an analyst and associate. The interviews covered both behavioral and technical questions, with a heavier emphasis on behavioral questions. I was given an offer to join the firm and am proud to say I will be joining their analyst class.

Interview Questions

• Why would two businesses with identical financial statements, products, and locations sell for different amounts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I first submitted an initial resume and cover letter online. Then, received an offer for a first-round interview, conducted over the phone. This interview lasted 30 minutes, and contained several behavioral questions and a few basic technical questions. I was then invited for a second-round superday interview at their office that Friday. The Superday interview consisted of 5 consecutive 30 minute interviews with a wide range of behavioral and technical questions, and were with employees from several levels of the firm.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a business case, where I was presented the financials for a company, and asked to answer a string of questions about the company, and involved combining financial and business strategy knowledge. This included the following: What types of companies could be interested in acquiring this company? What would you value this company at?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lincoln International.

Interview

Interviewing with Lincoln was a difficult, but pleasant experience for me because I genuinely enjoyed getting to know my interviewers. The process was very similar to other banks: on campus interview, followed by a Super Day at their headquarters in Chicago. Unlike some other banks, the interviewers seemed to be much more interested in getting to know you as a person rather than how much technical information you've memorized. Lincoln has a very strong culture and it was apparent that they want people who can continue to keep that culture stong.

Interview Questions

• There were no real curveballs, but they did ask a few difficult questions simulating a real world experience that I struggled on. For example, what would be your major pitch points in selling company X to potential buyer Y.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first round interview process was very focused on getting to the candidates and whether they would be a good fit for the Lincoln culture. The actual interview reflected that by asking mostly fit and resume questions. There were a few technicals but they were very basic and just to make sure you knew a little bit about investment banking. The final round interview process was just as much about you getting to know Lincoln as it was for them to get to know you. During the time that I was on site I met many employees at all different levels and I feel like I got a good understanding of the Lincoln culture, which I would describe as collaborative and welcoming. There were quite a few interviews on Super Day but again, they were mostly fit questions. There was a technical portion but they were not incredibly challenging and used more as necessary but not sufficient criteria. All in all I found that the people at Lincoln were very welcoming and wanted to get to know you. I think an important question why you want to work in the middle market and why you want to work at Lincoln.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was, "How do you deal with a team member who is not on board with the goals, objectives or plan of execution of the team".   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Ask if you have permanent right to work in the U.S. Then They will mainly ask you about your experience showed on your resume. Talking 20 minites or so about or resume, then they will ask some hehavior questions. Last, you get the chance to ask them questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Informal phone interviews, One on-campus in person interview and a superday. Their interview process was less formal / technical than many of the other investment banks I talked to. This was relatively more focused on cuture / fit.

Interview Questions

• Please describe why you want to work specifically at Lincoln   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (New York, NY).

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with basic behavioral and technical questions. Went to NYC office for superday and had 6 interviews with analysts, associates, and directors. The superday was reasonably difficult with several tests including a seperate technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the three financial statements when depreciation increases by 100?   Answer Question