Lincoln International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lincoln International Interview Questions

Interviews at Lincoln International

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a first-round on campus with two interviewers and then I was invited to their Superday in Chicago a few weeks later. It consisted of lunch with analysts, and then 6 30 minute interviews each covering different aspects. Creativity, attention to details, technical finance questions and personality questions all were asked. Overall was a great experience filled with nice people who wanted to get to know you more than stress you out with difficult interviews.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lincoln International (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

For the interview process, I had two phone interviews, followed by an in-person (casual) interview, and a formal super-day with eight people. The first few interviews had to be pushed back due to scheduling conflicts, but not really an issue beyond heightening my own nerves. Prior to the super-day, there was a PI assessment and a personality assessment (with another PI assessment). The super-day had a mix of phone in-person, phone, and video interviews onsite. Some of the interviews were with two people but the majority were one.

The whole process from the first phone interview was about two months. I personally thought it was enjoyable, except for the personality assessment because I found some of the questions fairly vague and open to interpretation. But, other than that, I really enjoyed the conversations with everyone I met with.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in October 2019.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Everyone who interviewed me was very concise. I am very happy with the opportunity. I would definitely recommend my friends in finance to consider Lincoln International.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2019.

Interview

Sent application through the campus online application center and got a first round on campus interview. Met with two people, an alum from my school and one of the Senior Associates at the firm. Both were asking me questions and both were very nice.

M&A Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Typical Investment Banking interview with two introductory calls followed by an in-person interview. Phone calls were easy, but the office interview was more difficult. Interviewers tried to be more stern than usual during the process but overall seemed like a good working environment.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (New York, NY).

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with basic behavioral and technical questions. Went to NYC office for superday and had 6 interviews with analysts, associates, and directors. The superday was reasonably difficult with several tests including a seperate technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the three financial statements when depreciation increases by 100?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a staff accountant position through a recruiting agency.

About the process:

They gave me two aptitude tests, a phone interview, an in person interview.

I was told I need to have a high college gpa and high SAT scores to qualify. I later realized all this was to make them seem important and make me feel like I am lucky to be even interviewing with them.

Additionally, the pay range that was discussed was at least 5-10k below market average.

I am mentioning these details, because i felt like they had a very high bar for a job that basically anyone with a high school diploma could do. But that is ok, i totally get it, its an investment bank.

I spent days and days preparing for the interviews. I was very stressed out, because oh my... it really sounded like such a great job, although very little money....but hey they view will make up for that. Ah! I just remembered, the accounting department there basically works in a huge closet with no windows. Prevailing majority of bankers are men and all accounting a women (yes i looked that up on linked in). It really says something about the firm.

In the end the recruiter I worked with quit his company, before the process was over. He didn’t have enough respect to at least let me know that he had moved on (but thats not Lincoln’s fault, I get it).

I emailed one of the people from accounting I interviewed with, she completely ignored me. It took another two or three emails to the recruiters to finally get the answer.

I really wanted to let this go, but this was so disrespectful and inconsiderate that I felt that I had to let other people know.

A quick email about the outcome (regardless of the outcome) would have been sufficient. But ghosting people like this isn’t cool.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever created an invoice?   1 Answer

Lincoln International Response

Jan 9, 2019 – Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our interview process. We are always looking for ways to improve our recruiting and onboarding process so we appreciate your willingness to submit feedback on your experience. Our people and culture are by far the most valuable and closely guarded assets we have at Lincoln International so we do thoroughly evaluate all new hires, both banking and administrative professionals. This includes gathering all available data points which inform our view of someone’s candidacy (such as GPA and standardized test scores for recent undergraduates) as well as holding a very high standard for candidates to whom we ultimately extend offers.

Similarly, we view our administrative staff as mission-critical to running a successful business and the backbone of our organization. To that end, we ensure that all of our staff, including accounting, are seated among our bankers and other employees to promote effective business partnership. Because our people and our culture are our most valuable assets, we continually strive to increase our diversity in all its forms and maintain market appropriate compensation in an extremely competitive industry.

Finally, we are sorry to hear that there was a breakdown in the feedback loop when informing you of your interview status. We value our third-party recruiter relationships so always do our best to respect their process to communicate with their candidates directly. Unfortunately it sounds like your specific recruiter’s resignation caused a disconnect in that process, but we will be sure to emphasize this point in the future with our recruiters to confirm the feedback we pass along ultimately reaches the candidate.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback, and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

IB Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Behaviorals followed a lot of rapid fire technical questions. Three guys ask questions right after one another sometimes when your answers are not even done yet. Questions straight out of the IB technicals . They always picks the harder and longer ones though.

Interview Questions

• PE ratio acquisiton accretive or dilutive question from the IB study guide   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International in October 2017.

Interview

Got an interview through an employee referral. First round phone interview with a first year analyst who was friendly and engaging. Consisted of basic technical and behavioral questions. Second round phone screening with a third year analyst that was more broad conceptual questions than direct technicals.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a standard 30-minute on-campus interview and super day two days after. The super day had five interviews with a break in the middle and a lunch following. I was asked all the standard behavioral and technical questions; they were mostly looking for fit.

Interview Questions

• If you could choose any 1-on-1 competition that determines if you get an offer or not, what would you choose?   Answer Question