Lincoln International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lincoln International Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International in October 2017.

Interview

Got an interview through an employee referral. First round phone interview with a first year analyst who was friendly and engaging. Consisted of basic technical and behavioral questions. Second round phone screening with a third year analyst that was more broad conceptual questions than direct technicals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through University career website, got the interview, and felt like it went extremely well. Not very hard technicals, basic questions. Never heard anything back from them though, not even an email.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest animal that you think you can kill with your bare hands?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews with multiple people, If you are doing well the CEO will jump in for the final interview. Really engaged in prior experience and wanted examples from prior experience that could show a skill set that can transfer to the new position.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 2 rounds of phone interviews - everything was pretty basic - mostly open ended fit questions and some technical ones. First interview was with a 1st year analyst - it went pretty well and he was pretty nice, my second round interview was with an associate who was rough around the edges and sounded very disinterested in speaking to me.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through my school's career center and was invited for an interview during the recruiting process. Several employees reached out to get to know me before the official interview. Met 1:1 with interviewer, lasted less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and fit questions: why lincoln, why banking, etc.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lincoln International.

Interview

My interviews at Lincoln International consisted of several rounds of in-person meetings with what seemed like every MD at the firm, including the CEO. One thing that became immediately apparent, based solely on the process, was that the folks at Lincoln are extremely thorough in making sure the candidate is the right fit. Culture, and the preservation of it, carries significant importance at Lincoln and it really does set this bank apart from others, both larger and smaller.

Interview Questions

• Candidates are required to take a detailed personality assessment exam.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International.

Interview

Simple 2 rounds process; 1 round was on campus and 2nd round is in person at the office;
    no technical questions and all behavior based questions
    Met with a variety of people

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on-campus and at the company headquarters. I had a single interview for the first round (on-campus) and six at the company headquarters. At the headquarters, each interview was conducted by different employees and had different focuses, as to test different aspects of the candidate's thought process and abilities.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and technically focused questions that test your ability to think quickly and critically.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Following an on-campus information session, applicants applied through the on-campus career center. Some candidates were given 30-minute on-campus interviews and brought to a pre-interview dinner the night before. Following on-campus interviews, remaining potential candidates attended a superday in Chicago, where we were further interviewed and showed around Chicago. Offers were made following the day of interviews. Lincoln was extremely genuine throughout the interview process, and applicants were treated with kindness and respect

Interview Questions

• (Case) Why is it less likely for a retailer to purchase a company that produces a product the retailer sells?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lincoln International.

Interview

Came on campus for a 30 minute interview, with a second round at their offices in Chicago. Had talked on the phone once beforehand, for about an hour. Took us out to dinner the night before the interviews. Interview itself was with one associate and one director, they only really talked about my resume, no technical or behavioral questions at all. Interviewer was very conversational. Call back was later that same day to tell you whether or not you made it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• They really care about every test score and all grades you've gotten, starting from high school on up, which I thought was kind of ridiculous for an MBA-level position.   Answer Question