Lincoln International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lincoln International Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2016

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 2 rounds of phone interviews - everything was pretty basic - mostly open ended fit questions and some technical ones. First interview was with a 1st year analyst - it went pretty well and he was pretty nice, my second round interview was with an associate who was rough around the edges and sounded very disinterested in speaking to me.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through my school's career center and was invited for an interview during the recruiting process. Several employees reached out to get to know me before the official interview. Met 1:1 with interviewer, lasted less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral and fit questions: why lincoln, why banking, etc.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lincoln International.

Interview

My interviews at Lincoln International consisted of several rounds of in-person meetings with what seemed like every MD at the firm, including the CEO. One thing that became immediately apparent, based solely on the process, was that the folks at Lincoln are extremely thorough in making sure the candidate is the right fit. Culture, and the preservation of it, carries significant importance at Lincoln and it really does set this bank apart from others, both larger and smaller.

Interview Questions

• Candidates are required to take a detailed personality assessment exam.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International.

Interview

Simple 2 rounds process; 1 round was on campus and 2nd round is in person at the office;
    no technical questions and all behavior based questions
    Met with a variety of people

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on-campus and at the company headquarters. I had a single interview for the first round (on-campus) and six at the company headquarters. At the headquarters, each interview was conducted by different employees and had different focuses, as to test different aspects of the candidate's thought process and abilities.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and technically focused questions that test your ability to think quickly and critically.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Following an on-campus information session, applicants applied through the on-campus career center. Some candidates were given 30-minute on-campus interviews and brought to a pre-interview dinner the night before. Following on-campus interviews, remaining potential candidates attended a superday in Chicago, where we were further interviewed and showed around Chicago. Offers were made following the day of interviews. Lincoln was extremely genuine throughout the interview process, and applicants were treated with kindness and respect

Interview Questions

• (Case) Why is it less likely for a retailer to purchase a company that produces a product the retailer sells?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lincoln International.

Interview

Came on campus for a 30 minute interview, with a second round at their offices in Chicago. Had talked on the phone once beforehand, for about an hour. Took us out to dinner the night before the interviews. Interview itself was with one associate and one director, they only really talked about my resume, no technical or behavioral questions at all. Interviewer was very conversational. Call back was later that same day to tell you whether or not you made it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• They really care about every test score and all grades you've gotten, starting from high school on up, which I thought was kind of ridiculous for an MBA-level position.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I first submitted an initial resume and cover letter online. Then, received an offer for a first-round interview, conducted over the phone. This interview lasted 30 minutes, and contained several behavioral questions and a few basic technical questions. I was then invited for a second-round superday interview at their office that Friday. The Superday interview consisted of 5 consecutive 30 minute interviews with a wide range of behavioral and technical questions, and were with employees from several levels of the firm.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was a business case, where I was presented the financials for a company, and asked to answer a string of questions about the company, and involved combining financial and business strategy knowledge. This included the following: What types of companies could be interested in acquiring this company? What would you value this company at?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lincoln International in August 2014.

Interview

After interning at a different investment bank than Lincoln International this previous summer, I was eager to join a bank for full time that put an emphasis on professional development and the importance of culture. I was able to get in touch with members of the firm and those that interned there in the previous summer - I was happy to hear that their experience at Lincoln challenged them to develop both their hard and soft skills on a daily basis. Not only was their experience positive professionally, but everyone valued the open door culture and the regular exposure with senior management. Analysts had very positive things to say about the amount of responsibility they had been given at such an early stage in their career. Having spoken with numerous investment banks throughout the recruiting process, I can honestly say that the analysts at Lincoln sounded genuinely happy with their decision to join the firm and consistently entertained the idea of staying with the firm to become an Associate.

I was fortunate to be selected for a final round interview at Lincoln International, which included 6 interviews and a lunch with an analyst and associate. The interviews covered both behavioral and technical questions, with a heavier emphasis on behavioral questions. I was given an offer to join the firm and am proud to say I will be joining their analyst class.

Interview Questions

• Why would two businesses with identical financial statements, products, and locations sell for different amounts?   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lincoln International.

Interview

Not too many technicals mainly valuation techniques