Lion Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lion Group Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lion Group

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lion Group.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, did a site tour, and met with several employees. The interview was about an hour long. I got some standard interview questions, did a little "get to know you" discussion, and then had a discussion based on questions I asked. Overall it was a good interview process on site and in person.
    After the in person interview, there was a delay from the HR department. I found out later that HR was not communicating well with the hiring manager and I had to do a phone screen with HR again.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about my background and experience. Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lion Group (Dayton, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

At my interview I was told what my job would require which was reasonable for the income we came to an agreement with but BEWARE!! I found myself doing 4 people's jobs, not 1. No matter how many times I asked for advancement, there was always an excuse. They say they hire internally but always hire outside. HR is as caring as a rock.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I should have asked a lot more than what they offered. Ask for what you want because advancement or raises will NOT happen unless you are upper management.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lion Group (Dayton, OH) in January 2010.

Interview

Interviewing process was pretty simple. First submited my resume directly to the VP of the area. Set up a phone interview about 2 weeks after that. The phone interview was with the VP of the area, and an HR Manager. Next they brought me in for a panel type interview with 4 other managers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 90 days while being in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, and I regret it now.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Okinawa (Japan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lion Group (Okinawa (Japan)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was told to come in to speak with HR about my resume and was told specifically that they had no positions open it was NOT an interview. They just wanted to ask me to clarify a few things. I arrived 10 min early and was kept waiting for a half hour. When I was invited into the room, it was a three person panel interview! Total stress interview. One person made it his aim to find fault with whatever I said, while the others were neutral at best.

Interview Questions

• A marine goes into the warehouse at 5 min to closing and attempts to turn in his gear. He has a few items missing, but has letters from his command clearing them. The rest of the gear is dirty. He explains that his plane leaves first thing tomorrow and needs to turn in the gear right now. What do you do?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lion Group.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they were hiring. Made it seem like a professional job. Asked for me to fill out an application and a resume. Was called in for an interview a couple days later. Went in for the interview and was asked a series of questions. Knowledge about working in a warehouse, driving a forklift things of that nature. Was immediately offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, just basic questions. A monkey could do this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate but they said there was no negotiations. Recently got out of the military and needed a job so I had to take it. Have been regretting it since the first week working there. You actually get in trouble if you work just 1 minute of overtime.