Lionbridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lionbridge

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Internet Assessor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge in August 2019.

Interview

They contacted me at the begining of August. After I provided my CV and I filled all forms I received access to elearning materials. During this time whenever I had a doubts I wrote to them and I always received prompt responses for all my questions. This recruitment procces was fast and not stress-full at all.

Interview Questions

• Thay ask you how many hours per week you are planning to work for them   1 Answer

Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

The recruiter set up an online video interview with me. I was ready to go, but she never showed up. Instead, she emailed me to say she had to postpone it and would follow up later that day. She did not follow up, so I emailed her. She sent me a translation test that said translate from one language to target language...this was English-to-English. By this point, I was done with this company.

Ad Evaluator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge.

Interview

I had great communication with Lionbridge the entire time. All email were answered quickly and they walked me thru every step. The exam was given with all the information needed to be able to pass and do well. You just have to put the work and time in.

Ad Assessor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Rochester, MN) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online for the position I was interested in. I answered questions about my work history, technical skills, and uploaded my resume. This process was very efficient and user-friendly. The training process, however, was challenging, though the company was in good communication with applicant and provided adequate information about the process.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. Completed online training that was very challenging.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Waltham, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

Scheduled with 5 people for 45 minute intervals. Only 4 people showed up. We went straight through for about 3 1/2 hours. There were no breaks for a snack.

Interview Questions

• What tools would you use to detect memory leaks in managed and unmanaged code?   1 Answer
    • What tool would you use to monitor a SQL Server Management Studio stored procedures execution?   1 Answer
    • What is tuple in C# with example?   1 Answer
    • It seems they were using a software developer position to lure in qualified candidates for the position and then try to stitch them over to a development operations position. My interview with the hiring manager consisted of almost no discussions of future application development projects which was a little concerning as I was looking for real details as to what application development they wanted in the future. I pressed for details but was not really able to get a lot of information on any specifics. Instead, we had a third discussion of how to find and analyze memory leaks for on-prem and cloud applications.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge (Columbus, OH) in October 2019.

Interview

The company will not talk to you directly. They offer a very low rate for a somewhat skilled and specialized role (requiring both language and marketing skills). After stringing you along with hours of training and assesments it becomes clear that Lionbridge is likely a scam. If they aren't they should hire people like a normal company.

Interview Questions

• There's no interview... the company has you spend around 12 hours in training and task assessments without every hiring you. (You are probably just training their AI in this process or posing as their AI.) Not paying an employee for training is a violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act.   1 Answer

Online Maps Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview process was a series of emails. You will be required to set up a new email address that is different from the one you used to apply. Not really sure why. You will then receive an email that contains links to their internal website and a 200 page Guideline book. You will have 7 days to read, re-read, study, take practice tests, and then complete the test itself. The test is in 2 parts. Part 1 is multiple choice. If you pass it, you will automatically gain access to part 2. Both sections are open-book, meaning you can and should use the Guidelines to research your answers. You will be analyzing search results for their Relevance and Accuracy. The test was very difficult for me, and despite my best efforts, I did not pass the second round.

Game Tester Interview

Interview

First there was a phone screening talking about past employment.

Then they brought me in to ask questions about my resume and the process of finding a bug and logging it.

Interview Questions

• What qualities should you log for a bug found in a game?   1 Answer

Rater Interview

Interview

There isn't really an interview, per se. You take a test (open book) and then wait to hear back. It took about 2-3 weeks for me to hear back, once I passed all of the rounds of the exam.

Ads Evaluator Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge.

Interview

No face to face interview, rather it was all automated through emails. I had to send proof of who I am and answer some basic questions. It took a few days to get through the process, and when I finished the application process and approved, I was told training is next. I was told it would come an email on a specific date, and that it needed to be completed in 24 hours of receiving that email. That date came and went with no training materials sent. I sent an email to get the materials with no reply. On the following week, I was sent the same email with now another date, again telling me I would have to complete the training within 24 hours of getting the materials. That date came and went with no training materials. All in all I sent 3 emails to get my training materials, all emails were ignored. I am convinced the company is a scam, which scares me since they did a background check on me and have my address now.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about educational background and my English level.   Answer Question

Ads Evaluator Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lionbridge in July 2019.

Interview

Long, tedious and a substantial investment of time. While applying isn’t hard, it’s the work you have to do after they offer you the role. You must give 10-12 hours of your personal time to take the learning materials, in order to take an assessment that is about 2-4 hours long. This is not done in one shot, they give you about a week to two weeks in order to complete it. However, the assessment is riddled with broken links, which will count against you in their scoring. The support is not there for the exam, as they asked me to retake it and supply the broken links to them. In their training, they claim search terms are open ended and take the time to understand the user; their materials do not see it that way. It’s very black and white. Along with the confusing instructions and information, I found this to be a gigantic waste of time. Please take your time to read their fine print in the job offer before proceeding. Be wary, their support team takes days to return emails and there are no phone calls.