Liquid Web Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.2

Hosting Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Two Phone Interviews & one on sight.

I wanted to let everyone know that if you interview here, wear a suit. I wore fitted blue dress pants, a light blue Armani polo, with light brown dress shoes/belt.

The reason I was given for not being hired was because they wanted to see me in a suit. The interviewer will be wearing basketball shorts and a graphic t-shirt, along with everyone else in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What's more important, closing or qualifying?   1 Answer
    • How do you typically pitch and close cold calls?   Answer Question
    • If you were behind quota for the month, but could break some rules to meet it at 100%, would you do it?   1 Answer
    • How does your current sales cycle correlate with ours?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what "The Cloud is?"   1 Answer
    • Do you know what "stack" means in Full-stack developer?   1 Answer
    • Why do you excel over your peers?   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. Everyone was thoughtful and helpful. The job centered more around sales than the description let on. They are a growing company and seem to be a good place to work for. I would recommend applying for a job here. The interview questions were very good and appropriate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Very misleading, I was currently employed and they made promises and implied that I would be working with top flight sales people. They are very weak in the sales and marketing area and anyone with anything going for them would not stay around for very long. Employees that work there are very neurotic like ADD and other mental disabilities

Linux Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Thirty minute phone interview, followed by an hour-long Google Hangouts interview a week later. Interviewers were friendly and knowledgeable. Declined position due to lower than expected pay with no room to negotiate. Was not worth taking the offer due to needing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Basic Linux questions. Some customer service roleplaying.   Answer Question

Customer Support Technician - Linux Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. in December 2014.

Interview

After applying they sent out a detailed Linux questionnaire. Many of the questions on the questionnaire were asked during the interview. The interview consisted mostly of Linux questions basics as well as some more advanced questions. Depending on your background it sounds like there are several other lists of questions.

Support Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI).

Interview

The interview process is one of the worst in the industry. All you need to do is memorize some basic linux and cpanel commands are you're in. The interview is held by "trainers" who likely have less technical expertise than you do coming in yet they'll be training you!

Interview Questions

• Linux basic commands you can memorize off a sheet of paper. They read off a script so if you have a buddy who went through the interview and they can give you any of the questions they'll be the same that you face   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared to make 12 or 13 bucks a hour. They won't pay for real admins

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc..

Interview

1 Interview. Was asked a bunch of linux tech terms. They didn't care about education at all. The HR lady was nice but didn't really seem organized. I was asked a series of terminology questions and the typical HR stuff. It was fairly straightforward. I would have appreciated some guidance on exactly what they expected for interview outfit considering the rest of the staff was wearing tshirts and jeans.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Absolutely zero negotiation. $13/hour with no chance of rebuttal. The only reason I accepted was because I had nowhere else to go at the moment.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

I went in for a face to face interview with several department heads. This included one person from HR, one from the Support Training Team, and the head of the sales department at that time. The problem is that this was several years ago and they have since changed their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Initially they went through a list of Linux commands until I couldn't answer them anymore. From there, the sales department head just asked me general questions about what I knew about Liquid Web. He asked about my product knowledge and previous job history.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

They ask for a lot but, if you have 1-2 years experince (geek squad) they will hire you. Just study up on DNS and know what ports are commonly used.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will not negotiate, you get what they give.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

They've changed since... 4 years ago 3 aspects. 1. paperwork. 2. tech questions 3. personal questions. HR used to sit in on the meetings but for some reason they changed that. Now there's a hiring coordinator and probably someone from their in house training staff to ask the tech. the interview was about an hour long, at their primary data center (i understand they do phone screening now), and i was offered a job within a week and started training within a month... something unheard of, evidently, as explained to me by trainers later. when i left turn around was at least a month.

Interview Questions

• Specific linux commands. Troubleshooting dns/email/webservers. Handling angry customers   1 Answer