Liquid Web Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2018

2.4

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in September 2010.

Interview

I heard back roughly 2 months after submitting a resume and had an interview with a member of HR and the training lead.

The interview process included a number of personal questions about working on a team and troubleshooting behavior as well as technical questions for a Linux environment. It was roughly 45 minutes long and the staff was quite friendly.

Interview Questions

• Various basic Linux commands were asked including how to rename/copy files, change directories, restart services, ect.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Based on pervious Linux skills and experience, it may be possible to negotiate a slightly higher rate. I personally did not.

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

They've changed since... 4 years ago 3 aspects. 1. paperwork. 2. tech questions 3. personal questions. HR used to sit in on the meetings but for some reason they changed that. Now there's a hiring coordinator and probably someone from their in house training staff to ask the tech. the interview was about an hour long, at their primary data center (i understand they do phone screening now), and i was offered a job within a week and started training within a month... something unheard of, evidently, as explained to me by trainers later. when i left turn around was at least a month.

Interview Questions

• Specific linux commands. Troubleshooting dns/email/webservers. Handling angry customers   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Completed online application, followed by a questionnaire and a skype interview. Interview consisted mostly of technical questions related to linux terms and commands. Interview was pretty horrible, limited information about the organization, interviewers and the questions were overall dry.

Interview Questions

• What is the command to view a linux server IP Address?   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

I went in for a face to face interview with several department heads. This included one person from HR, one from the Support Training Team, and the head of the sales department at that time. The problem is that this was several years ago and they have since changed their interview process.

Interview Questions

• Initially they went through a list of Linux commands until I couldn't answer them anymore. From there, the sales department head just asked me general questions about what I knew about Liquid Web. He asked about my product knowledge and previous job history.   Answer Question

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Three (3) over-the-phone interviews. There was supposed to be one(1) in-person interview, but due to scheduling conflicts, that interview had to be done over the phone.

While the company culture is casual, the work is high-caliber professional. They will screen to see if you know what your current sales cycle is (and if it correlates with theirs), if you can follow a sales process (and if you do, what is your sales process), and what your view of selling is.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable generating your own leads (i.e. cold calling)?   Answer Question
    • What is your view of selling?   1 Answer
    • Is it more important to qualify or close?   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. Everyone was thoughtful and helpful. The job centered more around sales than the description let on. They are a growing company and seem to be a good place to work for. I would recommend applying for a job here. The interview questions were very good and appropriate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc..

Interview

1 Interview. Was asked a bunch of linux tech terms. They didn't care about education at all. The HR lady was nice but didn't really seem organized. I was asked a series of terminology questions and the typical HR stuff. It was fairly straightforward. I would have appreciated some guidance on exactly what they expected for interview outfit considering the rest of the staff was wearing tshirts and jeans.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Absolutely zero negotiation. $13/hour with no chance of rebuttal. The only reason I accepted was because I had nowhere else to go at the moment.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

Very misleading, I was currently employed and they made promises and implied that I would be working with top flight sales people. They are very weak in the sales and marketing area and anyone with anything going for them would not stay around for very long. Employees that work there are very neurotic like ADD and other mental disabilities

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

Spoke briefly with HR girl, made smalltalk about the company. Shortly after, several people came in: a department head, the head of training, and a support manager. They asked some simple technical questions (do you know much about this technology, what ports do email run on, how would you fix a 404 error?) Department head's opinion was overshadowed by the support manager and training head.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotations possible. Starting pay is $12-13/hr. Was making that as a student, asked for $15 and was told to take it or leave it.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liquid Web Inc. (Lansing, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

After a tertiary phone interview, an in-person interview was scheduled. I was met promptly by the HR representative, the support manager, and a trainer. I was asked general employ-ability questions (what are your strengths and weaknesses). I was then asked about my knowledge of the software used in the industry, and my familiarity with specific linux commands. After my own questions about the company, the interview was complete.