Lockton Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lockton Companies Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.5

Commercial Insurance Interview

Interview

very friendly, very conversational. less behavioral questions more about getting to know me. i had a 2 phone interviews and then i had one in person interview with 3 people on the team and then the senior vice president. overall a great experience, made me feel very comfortable. asked how i dealt with conflict and pulled questions from my resume

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Very calm and casual, just a nice sit down chat. Asked some basic questions about the resume and some creative questions were asked, nothing intimidating although. Oh and the microsoft test haha that was tough but interesting and kinda fun actually.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Account Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process is fairly standard. They have a phone interview, assessments, and in-person interviews. The process took about two months. My interactions with the employees were pleasant. If you have strong qualifications and have moderate salary expectations, then this may not be the right place. They have a low starting salary and like to start everyone at the bottom. They are definitely not a "modern" workplace and have a conservative culture.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard, "tell me about a time" questions.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews due to the fact of being unable to make it to New York to be interviewed in person. It was a pretty standard interview an intern position. They focused more on why I was pursuing an internship for an insurance brokerage, why I'd be a good fit, past experience from my previous internship (it was a carrier not broker however) I completed, etc. They did not ask much about my knowledge of the company which surprised me, but really focused on personal questions to help identify if I'd fit for the company culture I assume. Both the interviewers were very professional, easy to talk to, and generally fun to have a conversation with as well. All together it was a very good experience, and I really look forward to starting this summer (2017). All in all, I suggest really knowing yourself, your goals, and what/why you'd contribute or bring to the table that can make you stand out. One last note is that they commented on my enthusiasm and passion for insurance from my tone of voice and responses. This is correct because I truly am extremely interested in insurance. Both of my interviewers were young (under 40), and not only shared my enthusiasm about the industry but seemed to enjoy not listening to monotone responses to their questions / short responses to questions they were looking for detailed answers to. It is an obtainable internship if you are willing to relocate (due to the many offices and being placed where they need employees), and have a good understanding of both the carrier and broker side.

Interview Questions

• "After your previous internship , what are two work traits/difficulties you encountered and would like to continue to improve if you work for us this summer?"   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Houston, TX).

Interview

Met recruiter at a career mixer. I was contacted for an opportunity to intern via email. The interview was in person at their office building which included the recruiter and two managers. The questions were very straight forward trying to gain an idea of your background and a few behavioral questions.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview , then 4 hour in person interview which consisted of Excel test & role play. Make sure you are comfortable with Health Care Reform. Interviewed in Chicago, very rude recruiter
    Took an Office tour - zero diversity

Loss Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

After submitting my application online, I got an email from HR saying that they would like to interview me. I also needed to complete a Profile XT Assessment Test. The interview went really well. The VP of the Loss Control Department interviewed me and I felt very comfortable throughout the whole interview. We talked about my coursework, my resume, the position, and the company. After the interview, the HR coordinator had me take a Microsoft Excel assessment test.

I got an email from HR a few weeks later for a second interview. It was with the other VP of the Loss Control Department who is also the manager for Loss Control. It was the same type of interview as the first. I felt very comfortable and she just wanted to learn about me, what I can offer, and shared what Lockton can offer.

Technical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I actually interviewed for another position and they decided to go with another candidate, however someone with HR contacted me and told me the two people who conducted my interview suggested me for another position with the company. I then had a phone interview with a unit manger.

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Dallas, TX).

Interview

With Lockton, if you apply is a position and there are others open you can expect to have multiple interviews with multiple teams. I had a phone overview with the HR person, phone interview with different team leads, then group interviews with each of the team leads team.
    It can be a lengthy process, but if multiple teams like you they go to senior leadership and battle it out for who gets you.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was pretty good, the manager I worked with was very nice and I seemed like a great fit. but then a former employee came back and the position went to them.