Lockton Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2018

2.6

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone Interview in the afternoon and the interview lasted about 20min. It turns out I was too young for the job since they want a junior going into their senior year. They told me to apply next year because I will be of age.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lockton Companies.

Interview

It was typical behavioral interview followed by a Microsoft Office evaluation. The interviewer was very friendly and a colleague sat in on the interview but did not remain there for the whole time.

Anonymous Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted to do very time consuming tests after initial application. The role is low-level, therefore, I found the test to be a bit much for such a position. Apparently, I passed and was contacted to interview at an office. I was asked very in depth questions and allowed to do the same. The interviewers were pleasant. As there was a mention of "busy periods" and OT, we discussed how that would be addressed. I was told they are still interviewing and they would choose which candidates they want to see again. While I have not been contacted yet, during this time I was able to learn from a current employee that any OT is actually mandatory especially if the dept is understaffed. They will not tell you this and only make it seem as if it happens from time to time. Also, depending on who you are and who you work for, you will be required to remain in a role and are not allowed to post to other positions for a set amount of time. Reviews on here from actual employees are true in that aspect. I feel items of such importance should be listed in the job ad or at least emphasized in an interview, as opposed to just touched on. To not disclose that is a bit deceptive to the job seekers. Honestly, had I known those things upfront, I would have never bothered applying.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

The first part of the in-person interview began with a timed assessment of 100 questions based mostly on pattern recognition. Next was a panel interview with the 6 other people who were also interviewing for the job and was conducted by 3 current/previous Associate Account Managers. This was definitely intimidating but preparing ahead of time helped a lot. I kept my notebook in front of me closed, aside from the lengthier questions, which I then jotted down some keywords I wanted to mention in my answer. After the panel interview (which took about an hour and a half), there was a brief tour and then dinner with the interviewers and the other candidates. This was probably an even more important part of the interview than the panel interview since this gave the interviewers a chance to see all of us in a more comfortable and casual setting. The next morning was an interview with one of the COOs, and 4+ other higher ups in the company. This interview lasted about 30 minutes and began quite intense. These men and women asked several difficult questions and had many follow-ups.

I received a call less than an hour later regarding the offer, and was given a month to decide. All in all, it was a very quick process and I learned a lot from the interviews, associates and other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Based on the other candidates you met yesterday, who made you think "they belong at Lockton"? (Followed up with, "now who would you say does not belong at Lockton?")   Answer Question
    • What do you do for fun?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a book you have read recently.   Answer Question
    • If you could talk to yourself from four years ago for only a minute, what advice would you give yourself?   Answer Question
    • How well would you say you operate under pressure?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a good relationship you've had in your professional life and a bad relationship you've had in your professional life.   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about Lockton?   Answer Question
    • What are three words you would use to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by two in person interviews with knowledge test at second interview. I was told to expect to hear something back within the next week after taking test - it has been over a month and a half with no communication from Lockton after I have sent 5+ follow up emails. Completely unprofessional in handling communication from Lockton

Interview Questions

• How do you think your experience in your current role could prepare you for the account manager position?   Answer Question

Temporary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Interview

Basic interview process, I was interviewed by two people and both were very friendly and polite. The interview questions were exactly what somebody would expect. The whole process lasted probably less than 30 mins. The only unpleasant part was the job application, there were all kinds of ridiculous test questions to answer, it took HOURS.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

This was an initial phone interview with their HR person to find out where in the organization I could be a potential fit. There were several available positions at the time and needed to see where my skill set could benefit them.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience with stop loss or pharmacy plans?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockton Companies in July 2017.

Interview

Long process for several rounds of phone interview. I have first round phone interview from HR, and team manager and then team lead. They asked very general questions and try to make the conversation relaxing.

Freelance Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Resume was submitted through agency on June 1. Was given proofreading test at agency the next day, which I passed, then I was sent an online proofreading test from Lockton to proof using ProofHQ three weeks later. When I passed that test, they scheduled an interview for four weeks later and checked my references. I received an offer within an hour after my interview and started the job the second week in August. They also conducted a background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most relevant experience to this position.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lockton Companies (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The whole hiring process lasted about three months. I had eleven face to face interviews with different people in the company. At the final stage, the hiring manager made me the offer but there was no opportunity to negotiate salary and benefits with him.