LogRhythm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LogRhythm

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LogRhythm.

Interview

I connected with the recruiter through a college career fair. I gave him my resume and after a couple of weeks I received an email wanting an over the phone interview. At that point I was instructed to apply to the job on their website. After doing so, I had the phone interview with the recruiter, it consisted only of behavioral questions. A week after the phone interview I got contacted by the recruiter again saying they wanted an over the phone technical interview. That consisted of more technical questions surrounding operating systems/threads. A week after that, I got contacted again stating that they were going to send out a coding exercise to see how I approached a problem. The exercise was very open ended but simple. About a week after the coding exercise I was contacted for the final stage, the in person interview at the site. This consisted of four different interviews each about 30 minutes. There was a range of technical and behavioral questions but there was an emphasis on problem solving skills. The next business day after my interview I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Develop an algorithm that will check to see if one string contains another string, then give the big O complexity.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the offer was what I expected.

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

It wasn't bad. I know I interview well because I've had so much training in it and have previously had to interview with some terrifying types I had to win over. The people at LogRhythm asked some "soft skills" questions, as well as questions about my processes for doing certain things. They are really interested in what tools a candidate has worked with and the candidate's ability with the tools. I mean, these people are total geeks, in the best way. The people I interviewed with were very cool but I could tell they were sizing me up, scrutinizing to see if I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some tech question that I completely blanked out on. (No sleep the night before; I'm surprised I wasn't babbling incoherently during the interview.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was very nice and I simply didn't need any more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in August 2012.

Interview

Responded to their inquiry. Received an offer after two rounds of interviews. Declined the offer as I was not truly impressed with their engineering manager. Few of their questions made me question their integrity as a company

Was not comfortable with their way of work

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LogRhythm.

Interview

Applied for an entry position as a software engineer, then a recruiter followed up to schedule an interview with their principal software engineer. Unfortunately, the engineer was very impolite. From the start of the conversation, he was very short and just walked through a list of technical questions (see interview question below). Honestly, the worst interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with any design patterns   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview on social skills, followed by technical phone interview. I met with them at a school career fair, and a few weeks later got an email looking to set up a preliminary phone interview. I had not yet completed the classes that cover topics they asked me about in the technical screening, so I was at a disadvantage. I'm looking to reapply to the company next year for a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Define and describe polymorphism, inheritance, and the differences. Also describe the risks of multithreading.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Intern Interview Process:
    First, I had a phone call with the recruiter, who was super friendly and helpful throughout the process. Then, I had a first conference call with 2 senior managers, where they asked me technical questions, but no actual coding was involved. Then, I had a take-home coding challenge. Finally, I had a video interview with 2 members of a team whom I ultimately worked with. In this interview, we coded on a shared coding pad, and then we discussed my coding assignment (potential bottlenecks etc). About a week later I got a call from the recruiter that I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you randomly shuffle a deck of cards? (code the solution)   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Few phone interviews then onsite interview with the IT team which was so weird and the IT manager. One of the IT member showed up with Toy gun which was so professional, the 2nd was asking questions and need in detail step by step process that no one can remember. I was happy when they didn't choose me honestly. I then worked with Company 2 of the team member left Logrythm with bad feedback about the company and the other had interview with the same IT team.

Information Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews (recruiter, hiring manager) and 4 hour onsite interview. Everyone involved was very professional and asked great questions. In the end, did not receive an offer due to a lack of experience with ERP. A little frustrating because the recruiter and hiring manager were aware that I did not have experience with the ERP. From what I understand, the job requirements were changed after my interview.

Either way, seems like a great place to work.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in June 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by 7 or 8 people in total, 2 or 3 at a time. I could sense that the morale was very good and everyone was genuinely excited about the company's future. They were very discerning and thorough with their questions and I could tell they really care about building a great team. The work looks quite challenging and diverse and I think LogRhythm would be a great place to grow one's career, especially right now as they are growing very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences in implementing interfaces implicitly and explicitly in C#?   1 Answer

Accepted another offer that was equal in compensation but just slightly better fit.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone screen, Technical Phone interview, Developer interview
    Good focus on technology. HR process very simple.
    Technical interview does involve writing code.
    Take home exercise in C++/Java. The exercise does involve lots of thought.
    Engineers are mostly friendly. 3 hour total interview.