LogRhythm Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in May 2017. The process took about 6 weeks. I interviewed on the phone twice, completed a project, and interviewed in person. The first part of the in person interview really confused me. They asked questions completely outside of data science. They explained that there are multiple positions and are looking to see which skill gaps I would fill. That does make sense I suppose. If they had asked me if I could fill that skill gap early on, I would have told them no. In the end, the recruiter called me and politely told me that they liked me a lot, but they need a data scientist with more dev ops experience.

Interview Questions

• Linux doesn't contain 'real' files. Where can runtime system information (e.g. system memory, devices mounted, hardware configuration, etc) be found?   2 Answers

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogRhythm.

Interview

Two phone interviews and 1 onsite that was almost 3 hours long. Met with several members of the team. I felt like the hiring manager was a bit disengaged, but I really did enjoy my conversations with everyone and it seems like a great company to work for.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Standard interview process. Typical phone screen then asked to interview onsite a few days later. There was a lack of technical questions from the engineers in the interview. I believe this directly affected the outcome of the opportunity.

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO).

Interview

Few phone interviews then onsite interview with the IT team which was so weird and the IT manager. One of the IT member showed up with Toy gun which was so professional, the 2nd was asking questions and need in detail step by step process that no one can remember. I was happy when they didn't choose me honestly. I then worked with Company 2 of the team member left Logrythm with bad feedback about the company and the other had interview with the same IT team.

Information Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews (recruiter, hiring manager) and 4 hour onsite interview. Everyone involved was very professional and asked great questions. In the end, did not receive an offer due to a lack of experience with ERP. A little frustrating because the recruiter and hiring manager were aware that I did not have experience with the ERP. From what I understand, the job requirements were changed after my interview.

Either way, seems like a great place to work.

Channel SE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

7 interviews, personality test, technical presentation. Went through 7 interviews, I liked it, they liked me. Then they had me a take a 2 hour personality/intelligence test. Then they had me do a technical presentation to the entire SE team which also went very well was the feedback. Then they have me speak to a VP who is 20 minutes late to the interview, very short with me, asks me one question "Tell me about the Kill Chain Model", of which I wasn't familiar. Then goes and tells the recruiter I don't have enough security experience. Wow! First, I felt because this individual was in a bad mood or whatever, he took this job from me, which was a perfect fit btw. Second, they should not have you engage in a technical presentation (which took hours upon hours of prep), make you take an intrusive personality/intelligence test, BEFORE all the votes were in for me as a candidate. They wasted my time. If they would have had me interview with the less than agreeable vp prior to testing and presentation, I would have been more okay with the decision. SMH, seriously, wow!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the Kill Chain Model.   1 Answer

Support Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, followed up by 2x phone interviews with Support Team leads/managers. Finally an onsite interview with 4 different support team managers as well as a senior support engineer.

Based on earlier Glassdoor reviews, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. However, I have to say that the Logrhythm team was professional from start to finish. Starting with the initial phone screen with recruiting, they were quite clear and honest regarding their approach and starting salary range - which is to bring everyone in at Tier 1 and move up from there.

Each of the managers I spoke with had started in Tier 1 at Logrhythm and moved up from their into a manager role - so they were acutely sensitive to the experiences that a new engineer to their organization might encounter. They also proactively shared some creative approaches they've taken to help on-board new talent, including splitting new hires into 3 different "bands" that would each focus on a specific subset of product functionality, and then move into a new band once ready. This helps narrow the sheer scope of knowledge that an individual has to learn at any one time and gain both focus and traction. They are working hard to maintain an 8 engineer: 1 manager ratio in support Tier 1 to help make sure that staff have the appropriate attention and sounding board.

All the people I had the chance to interact with were top-notch professionals with a positive and supportive attitude regarding their team, the product, and the company. Although I ended up deciding to pursue a different opportunity, it was a tough choice and I have to say that my experience with Logrhythm was a positive one, from start to completion of the interviewing process!

Interview Questions

• A variety of network, AD, windows event management and technical troubleshooting type of questions. For example: let's say a monitoring agent is installed on a server in Chicago, that needs to talk to a server in Denver over TCP/IP, and the agent doesn't show up on the Denver server. Where would you start and what steps would you take to troubleshoot this?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LogRhythm (Boulder, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

After a quick phone screen I was set for a technical interview.
    My technical interviewer was distracted and wanted to talk about my hometown.
    By the sound of it, they were at home with a bluetool headset on. I could hear babies and dogs crying.

Very casual, the interview seemed annoyed when I asked him a question.

Interview Questions

• Have I used Agile?   1 Answer
    • Have I managed a backlog?   1 Answer
    • Whats my favorite product management tool?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LogRhythm.

Interview

Applied for an entry position as a software engineer, then a recruiter followed up to schedule an interview with their principal software engineer. Unfortunately, the engineer was very impolite. From the start of the conversation, he was very short and just walked through a list of technical questions (see interview question below). Honestly, the worst interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with any design patterns   1 Answer

Technical Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LogRhythm in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a LogRhythm recruiter who only asked me about relocation. She set an interview with a "technical manager" a week later. The technical interview was not technical in anyway. The interview wanted to chat about the weather etc. SUPER casual and friendly. I was prepared for a tougher more technical interview; processes, algorithms, etc ... I applied for a TECHNICAL Product Manager position, I expected technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Common criteria experience.
      Agile experience....
      JavaScript and GO knowledge.
      Asked me if I would except a JavaScript developer position.
      Asked me if I would except a Go developer position.   1 Answer