London Overground Rail Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at London Overground Rail Operations

Sort:

GPR Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at London Overground Rail Operations (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

After submitting online application form you are then asked to do a competency based questionnaire. It has various customer scenarios and you have to choose what you would do in that situation. If you pass that, you get called in for assessment. The assessment consists of basic numeric questions on how much change you would give for tickets. Then map and timetable reading assessment. Then identifying different types of tickets. Then basic grammar where you have to identify any grammar issues in a paragraph. If you pass all these then you go onto a role play where you are playing the part of a staff at a railway station. If you pass that you get called for interview with manager. The manager asks questions about your experiences e.g. describe a time where you were under a pressure or exceeded customer expectations etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you get to work at 5:30am?
      What do you know about London Overground?
      Give us a example of when you had to deal with difficult customer and what did you do?What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Train Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at London Overground Rail Operations (London, England (UK)).

Interview

very profesional : first day - tests for big group (c.a. 40) of aplicants from maths, machanics and psychotechnical - it's took about 3-4 hours
    second day (after 2 weeks) - a lot of questions in written form for 6 aplicants( they passed tests in the first day) , next 1/1 english on top level
    I fail in the mid of the second day (after 4 hours) becouse of my english. I was the only one - no Englishman. The only 2 aplicants pass process.

Interview Questions

• Haw did I solve the dificult situation with the passangers e.g. when they complein delays   1 Answer

Customer Host GPR Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at London Overground Rail Operations (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

First you complete your online application form, if successful you are invited to an assessment day. At the assessment day there were around 30 other candidates, and there are four tests to complete - two numeracy based, one competency based and one role play scenario. If you are then successful at all stages of the assessment day, you will then be invited to an interview. From my assessment day, I was the only successful candidate. After interview and before starting the role, you must complete a full occupational health check which doesn't necessarily consist of a pass or fail result as there are many different areas.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you have overcome a challenge / difficulty?   Answer Question