Long View Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Long View Systems (Denver, CO) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was friendly and casual. They look for more of a personality fit than a laundry list of skills. No trick questions or uncomfortable situations. The process was pretty short since the recruiters screen you well ahead of an in person interview. Management is very good at selecting the right people to make a working team. I felt comfortable with the interviewer based on their professionalism and positive attitude. The decision was made quickly. Communications were frequent and informative.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to have alternate Friday's off?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Long View Systems (Denver, CO).

Interview

Way to long, to many people trying to make a decisions. I had to come back multiple times and took forever to make a decision on whether I was moving on to the next step. If you like interviews, be prepared for a long interview process which leaves you confuses, just when you think you are done they throw in more managers, directors, conference interviews, just never know when you might be done with the interview process. Just when you thin you are done, at least 1 or more 2 more interviews may be needed.

Negotiation

Low ball you then, try to fix it

Team Lead Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews. Telepresense interview to canada. offer letter

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What do you want? Tell them. Get it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Long View Systems (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I went in and interviewed with a recruiter one on one. It was a fairly painless process where we just got to know each other. After that there was a technical phone screen with one of the team leads at the client site I would be working at. I was offered a job the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Long View Systems (Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter
    Met with two managers responsible for making a hiring descision
    Had a technical interview
    offered the job
    negotiated
    accepted

Interview Questions

• How would you fit within the company.   1 Answer
    • What technologies do I have experience in.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have a skill set don't sell yourself short. Don't accept a job without being satisfied that you are receiving what your worth - don't settle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Long View Systems (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Good interview process. From Recruiting to People Services

Not enough Salary

Global Service Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Long View Systems in February 2017.

Interview

A week after applying this position on their website, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. However, the interviewer didn't call me at the scheduled time. I emailed the interviewer and get the reply says they forgot. I have to say this is very unprofessional. I emailed back and try to re-schedule a time. They didn't reply but call me the next day in the morning for the phone interview, which is unscheduled. The whole conversation is short because after they know that I did not have related experience, just quickly finished the call. It doesn't feel nice.

Interview Questions

• how do you know about long view?
      what's your current job and duties?
      Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Long View Systems (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience but extremely lengthy. It took 6 week to reach to the final verdict. I had 4 different meetings (half over skype and half in person). I loved the fact that they kept in touch and provided with the info on the next steps. And also gave me feedback over the phone that many companies dont do it nowadays.

Interview Questions

• Nothing extraordinary. A lot of emphasis on my accomplishments and also quite a bit of discussion about my education, certifications and training.   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest achievement?   1 Answer
    • How do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Long View Systems (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

1:1 with several peers as well as my boss. There were not a lot of scripted interview questions, it relied more on personal dialog, my background and where I would take the department. Everyone was prepared and the process went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see the industry headed?   1 Answer

Anonymous - Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Long View Systems in September 2016.

Interview

long process greater than 6 months told that would be hired to find out there wasn't enough work and verbal offer rescinded. Very unprofessional from the manager. If it requires prodding to get feedback, I can only imagine what clients go through. Glad I never started here, would have been short lived. Found a different company that was professional, committed to timelines and exceptional communication. It's unfortunate that Long View is headed down a difficult path to the the bottom. Hopefully for them, the top exec have a very big magnifying glass to see the cracks deeply embedded to turn itself around. Good luck!