Long View Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2020

3.4
Long View Systems CEO Brent Allison (no image)
Brent Allison
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance is basically non-existent even though leadership attempts to preach it(in 19 reviews)

• "Middle-management and on-site managers consistently struggle to figure out the technologies their customers need and provide a comprehensive plan(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've only been with Long View for a couple of months but the culture is fantastic. Every day the leadership team is focused on Long View's people; it is very evident during this turbulent time of Covid-19. Really appreciate how involved the Human Resources team is in every aspect of the business.

Cons

Honestly, there really aren't cons. There are growing pains but every organization has growing pains.

March 25, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to post this review on your experience with us so far. We are pleased that you are having the employee experience that we strive for, even in these unprecedented times. If there is anything that we can do for you, please don't hesitate to reach out to your People Services Advisor or Manager. Thanks for all you have done for us so far!

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time

Pros

Long View's a good place to work. There is room to advance your career if you work hard and help with company goals.

Cons

We work with technology, so it requires after-hours and weekend work that isn't my favorite.

July 2, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Long View so far! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time here and that you feel that you can grow with us. That's our intent! We understand the after-hours and weekend work isn't desirable, but also sometimes part of the key IT role you play. Have you discussed this with your Manager or PS Advisor to see if there's anything that can be done to reduce this? If not, please do. And thanks for all you do!

"Not so Great People or Culture"

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good for people starting out in IT. Decent pay

Cons

Don't go to HR as they will throw you under the bus. Some managers have been with company for 17years, making company not see its full potential. Business is all Oil&Gas, so if that goes down they have lots of layoffs. Company values aren't really practiced in US operations. Managers are all Canadians, they don't allow Senior Managers to be Americans. Company is ran by bunch of friends, instead of true leadership.

April 2, 2020SVP, People Services

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I am sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with our People Services team and that you're not seeing our values being practiced in the US. Those are both aspects that we care deeply about and we want to rectify very quickly. It's difficult for me to act on your response with so little detail, but I would highly value a confidential conversation with you to better understand what you experienced. You can reach me on any of our company communication methods and I'd welcome that conversation so we can learn and improve!

4. "Great place to be a part of!"

4.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great to work with!

Cons

Training is limited-so come to the table ready to go!

January 27, 2020Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for stopping in to post this short review on us! While we regret that you are no longer with us, we are pleased that you experienced the awesome team we have at our company! We would like to hear more about your comments in the Advice section as we want all of our employees, former and current, to feel like they are treated with dignity and respect. Would you please call Tasha, our SVP of People Services, to give her more information on this? She can be reached at 403-515-6900. She is looking forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, we wish you the best of luck in your new role!

"Fun job, but not enough support."

Current Employee - Systems Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and nice to work for a company that isnt so rigid. Opportunity to learn and grow as an IT proffessional is available here.

Cons

Sales sells to much and gets to little. Career progression is tough right now as budget for departments is low.

December 5, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there, thanks for the short review on us. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying working in our fun environment and that you see the opportunities for learning and development! Would you please speak with your PS Advisor so that we can learn more about your comments in the Cons section? We would like to rectify this if we can and continue to provide you with a great place to grow your career. Thanks for all you do for us!

"Do Better, Denver"

1.0
    Former Employee - Systems Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing coworkers, there will never be a better team to work with. Good benefits for Denver area. Great opportunities for training (as long as you're not under-utilized).

Cons

Extremely hostile leadership in the Denver branch. Promising customers services we no longer have the staff to provide. Favoritism that has escalated from annoying to dangerous/unprofessional. Unprofessional and antagonistic behavior coming from one person will continue to poison the entire branch, they have lost over 20 employees this year alone in the Denver branch. Some quit after being bullied, some just found better jobs, and some were terminated without cause/laid off.

November 18, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are extremely saddened to read about your experience and wish we could have heard from you while you were with us. Would you please call our SVP of People Services, Tasha, at 403-515-6900? She would like to talk to you directly and learn more about your experience so that we can work to rectify the situation that you've communicated here. Thanks for all you did while you were with us. We wish you only the best in your new job.

"Good starter job"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management, at the time, was very open and receptive to feedback and wanting to improve the company

Cons

Project work was slow to come in

July 9, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. While we are saddened that you aren't still with us and that you felt you weren't as busy as you could be when you were, we are grateful that you enjoyed your Management Team. The career progression of Long View's team members is a priority for us, and we will continue to focus on that. Thanks for all you did for us while you were here and best of luck in your new role!

8. "Company with both heart and smarts!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a great place to work. Leadership is caring, honest, and transparent. I’ve had no shortage of challenging work to keep me interested. Training is available, we have good health benefits, vacation time, etc. It can be a challenge to get a job here, but it’s worth the effort!

Cons

All my experiences have been positive so far!

July 2, 2019Talent Brand Specialist

Thanks for taking the time out to review your 5 years (so far!) at Long View. We are happy to hear that your leadership team is giving you the experience that we set out to give and that you are staying challenged in your career. Thanks for all you do for us!

"Very Patriarchal Environment"

Former Employee - Infrastructure Manager

I worked at Long View Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seem to have some intelligent staff Dedicated employees

Cons

Suffocating work environment Little to no communication and asking employees to lie to customers Zero transparency

March 21, 2019SVP, People Services

Thanks for your feedback on our great staff - we agree! We work hard to ensure everyone that works for us lives by our core values and that's why we had everyone that works for us take our Respectful Workplace training to continue to enforce that. We take your feedback on any values transgressions that you experienced very seriously and I would welcome the opportunity to hear about your experience so we can ensure our workplace is living by our values. Please reach out to me directly at tasha.westerman@lvs1.com and let's set up a time that works for you to discuss. Thank you , Tasha.

10. "You want to work here!"

I have been working at Long View Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing support and management - open door policy and very understanding of a work life balance

Cons

no complaints for me so far!

January 8, 2019Recruitment Communications Specialist

Hi there! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your management team and that you feel supported and how important work / life balance is to our culture at Long View. Thanks for being with us!

Found 249 reviews