LongHorn Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LongHorn Steakhouse Interview Questions

Interviews at LongHorn Steakhouse

2.1

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse.

Interview

The interview process was relatively simple. I went in for the first interview after applying online and receiving a phone call to request an in person interview. I interviewed with the regular manager then immediately after interviewed with the GM. After both were complete, I was asked when I would like to start.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you have had to overcome in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Why would you make a good addition to the team?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse.

Interview

Three interviews with each manager, very friendly. Basically just going over your resume and seeing if you'd be a good fit. They ask about what you expect in compensation and will try to work with you on placing you in the best position they have that you qualify for. It's a work your way up type of job, but you can get promoted very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What was problem you've encountered when working as part of a team and how did you work to solve it?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

it was a quick interview process
    Provided excellent service and fostered guest satisfaction in a fast paced environment. Maintained 100 percent accuracy on all orders during a one year period. Attended multiple large tables simultaneously which led to the improvement of my communication skills and my organization skills.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Tuscaloosa, AL) in March 2020.

Interview

Was called and told that they were not hiring bartenders, which I applied for, asked if I wanted to serve. Very misleading and I feel it was a waste of my time as well as theirs. Like applying for a teacher position and being offered a custodial position

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in a different position   1 Answer

Server/Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (North Attleboro, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Then, they emailed me to call them to set up an interview. After the interview (today), I spoke with the manager and now I am going in tomorrow to go over schedule.
    They love open availability for all shifts/days.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?
      What were your last jobs?
      What would coworkers at your last job say about you?
      What is your availability?
      How long do you need to leave your current job?
      Why did you leave your current job?
      Asked if I had any questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Merritt Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Merritt Island, FL).

Interview

Basic one on one interview. Usually speak with store manager and another assistant manager. They try to get an idea of your personality and whether or not you would be a good fit. It is generally not too difficult to get hired if you have any kind of charisma.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Perry, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Perry, GA) in December 2019.

Interview

Filled out application online. Got sent an email to electronically schedule an interview. Set up interview for 2 days later. Interview was easy. Asked about prior experience. And asked to describe an example difficult situation I had to deal with at another job. Was offered a job on spot.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation Ivr had to resolve.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Orlando, FL) in November 2019.

Interview

I received an email to set up an interview hours after applying for the job, and the interview was a week later. I went to the interview and it was really laid back, it only lasted about 15 minutes at max.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarentum, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Tarentum, PA) in November 2019.

Interview

I have been on many interviews over the years and I walked out of this one with my tail between my legs. I am a woman in my mid 50s which is not much older than the gentlemen that interviewed me. It seemed as though they were talking me out of working there. The second gentlemen that interviewe me said the hourly wage was a dollar less than the first gentleman I talked to and the job was described to me as "exhausting." Bussing tables seemed to be a big concern to them both which is ridiculous because I walk 5 miles a day and lug much heavier things around than that on a daily basis. A big part of the interview was a conversation about one of the manager's father's retirement. I was told when I left that they were going to discuss which job position to offer me one of which is a "to go" position which I don't think even exists, at least I could find no information anywhere about it. They never called. It's fine though, as I interviewed for a hostess position with two other restaurants right after this and was offered the job right there on the spot. My age or ability to carry dishes was never brought up in anyway. While I have put on a few pounds over the years (and I mean just a few, I am in no way obese or unable to do physical activity) and I have earned a few laugh lines around my eyes, there are a lot of positive things a person my age can bring to the table that a young person cannot. I show up, am punctual and don't have a problem working on the weekend because I want to party. Just sayin'. I've been working in customer service for years.....

Interview Questions

• The first question I was asked was if I would have a problem or trouble working with their "young" employees.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

A 3-step job interview: one over the phone, one over Skype and one face-to-face with a regional director of operations. Overall, a good experience. Tip: it helps if you find out/read more info about the company (it’s history, how many restaurants they own etc.).