LongHorn Steakhouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Manhattan, KS) in June 2013.

Interview

It was quick and easy to go through. I applied and received a call the next day to set up an interview. After two short interviews I was offered a position and schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation   5 Answers

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Let's see where to begin? Ok I'll start by my very first impression of the restaurant I applied in. It was nicely decorated and the staff seemed really nice and laid back, but a little too laid back... What I mean by this is I walked in about 3 weeks ago dressed semi formal with my res. in hand and asked the hostess if a manager was available to speak to him regarding the application process and to my shock the hostess points in the direction of a man in a hoodie,shorts, and a pair of sneakers with his head down in the bar sleeping and then she proceeded to wake him up from his slumber. Although I found it amusing it is very unprofessional, but I smiled it off and spoke to the manager. He was so impressed with my appearance and attitude that he did an on the spot interview. So we sat down and he had the hostess bring me a glass of water which was nice. After he interviewed me he was so pleased that he called his GM on the phone and texted her repeatedly to come and interview me and he said if I could wait for her to come in that would be great. So he left after that and wished me luck and then I sat waiting for about an hour and a half for this "GM" to appear. To my shock.. Yet again she walks in and is filled with tattoos and piercings with a box of KFC in one hand and when I get up to introduce myself she shakes my hand and then says "give me 10 minutes" so I politely said take your time which she took full advantage of.. So I sat there waiting for her to finish eating for another 30 minutes and finally she came back and said to come back in next week for an interview with another woman, I agreed and thanked her for her time and left. The following week I go to my second interview that was supposed to be scheduled by the GM just to be told by the hostess that there wasn't a interview scheduled and I could see and hear the woman that was going to interview me saying that she wasn't told anything and to get my Resume so she could study it. (Which they almost told me to come back anther time) The hostess came back to me and asked if I filled out the application online which I did and then she got my resume and gave it to the other woman. Again I sat for another hour or longer to be interviewed. When I finally got seated she had told me that she thought this was my first interview and that the GM left for vacation. She was pleasant to say the least and made it seem like I got the Job and towards the end she set me up with a 3rd interview with yes, the unreachable GM the following week. At this point I was a little frustrated at how unorganized they were... Furthermore I finally got my one on one interview with the GM. She asked me a plethora of questions I had answered multiple times with the others and I did very well so of course I thought the GM was going to hire me on the spot, I have all the necessary requirements to be a server due to the fact I have over 2 years experience in waiting tables plus I have an open schedule with my own means of transportation. With all this being said at the end of my final interview she told me that she is going to speak with the other two individuals to come up with a decision and that she will send me an email if I got the position. It's been a little over 2 weeks since that and I called and spoke to the first manager I interviewed with to see if the GM spoke to him and if they came to a decision... Which I came to find out by him that she never even mentioned anything about me. To conclude my last attempt in working for Longhorn I called the GM and told her that I am really would love nothing more to work for the darden company and to see if she came to a final decision on hiring me just to be told that "I'm reviewing the application process". So my overall impression is that her and the majority of the staff are unorganized, unprofessional young adults who need to be either retrained or find a new profession.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions on my past experiences and what I did as a waiter in my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Apply online, get a call back, have a sit down interview, then they will call you back if they liked you then you start working if you liked the environment that you saw.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for longhorn steakhouse?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Monroe, LA) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple.They asked about my experience.They wanted to know about my personality.Why was I applying for Longhorn Stealhouse.The general manager said it is pretty busy there.The interview went well.They called my the same day of interview for job offer.I was excited.

Interview Questions

• Are you a team player at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Glendale, AZ).

Interview

Add in Craigslist, called and given interview that day. Managing partner sat me down in a booth and was very nice and personable. She asked of my experience and explained a little bit about the job. Was hired on the spot.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse.

Interview

i applied online and got an email saying they wanted to interview. They asked me customer service questions since i didn't have experience in the food field . Most of the questions was topics like "name me a time when--" it was pretty laid back. Just go in there with confidence and a big smile its basic...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leominster, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Leominster, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

They never called me after I applied, so I had to call them and set up an interview time. I interviewed with a manager. It went well, so he invited me back for a second interview with the general manager.

The manager said he would get back to me in a couple days. I never heard from him again.

I called and asked to speak with him. He wasn't there, so another manager said he would tell him to call me back. He didn't call me back. I called again, and was told that they would tell him to call me back. He never called me.

Don't waste your time interviewing here. They say they are hiring, but they don't seem interested in hiring people at all, and they will never get back to you.

Interview Questions

• What is the craziest experience/ customer you have ever had, and how did you handle it?
      What were your responsibilities at your last job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Opelika, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

There is a two step interview process. You typically interview with one of the managers first, and then you interview with the general manager. In my case, there was confusion and I ended up interviewing 4 different times because managers weren't aware that I had already gone through the process.

Interview Questions

• You are triple sat; how do you handle this?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that there was conflict with another employee; how was the situation handled?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Glendale, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

It was really easy and quick. I applied and got an interview with the manager 1 week later. After I met with the manager, I had a second interview with the owner. Once that was done we proceeded with making my schedule. The whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to take charge to complete a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Easton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LongHorn Steakhouse (Easton, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the kitchen manager and then sat down with the general manager for an immediate second interview. I was offered the job on the spot which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What is your best and what is your worst attribute?   1 Answer