Lonza Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walkersville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lonza (Walkersville, MD).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. Over the course of several weeks had: a couple conversations with the HR recruiter, the HR manager, then hiring the manager. The I was invited out for an interview with the onsite team. After this, nothing. No phone calls, no emails, no responses to any of my emails, nothing. I guess at this point I didn't get the job, but a simple email to this point would have been appreciated.

Associate Analytical Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lonza (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2017.

Interview

Received an email from HR about 5 days after applying for job online. The HR lady was friendly and adequately helpful. She asked general screening questions, expressing the skill set and expectations of the job opportunity. I was quickly told that i was being recommended for a second interview with the hiring manager. I've been waiting for a week for the HR lady to set up the interview with the hiring manager. It is frustrating that this process is being dragged out as I have other job opportunities at other companies.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations? Why are you interested in this job?   Answer Question

Process Development Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lonza (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR first. It was just regular HR questions. Few days later I had a phone interview with hiring manager who was friendly. During the phone screen mostly he talked about the role and the company. He didn't ask any technical questions. He just asked me to tell him about my experience and knowledge. I didn't get a site interview.

Interview Questions

• The wasn't any difficult questions. Tell me a little bit about your work experience?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lonza (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks. Brought in for interview and it was a positive experience. I was told I would hear back from them either way in 1-2 weeks, which I did.

Interview Questions

• An accomplishment I was most proud of in my past work experience.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lonza (Portsmouth, NH) in January 2017.

Interview

Round robin interview with about 8 people who work at Lonza in various positions from managers, supervisors, HR, etc. Each person talked to you for 10 minutes and asked basic questions to get to know you and then some behavioral type questions. There was about 6 other people interview for the same position as well. After the interviews, we then received a tour of some of the facility

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with someone difficult and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Senior Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lonza (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Talent person reached out to set up interview with hiring manager immediately after application. From initial email to phone interview took about a week to setup. This was probably the only good thing I can say about the process. It seems as if the interview questions were an attempt to fish industry information or define processes. I have no issue discussing how I can provide value or showing evidence on how I would get to a specific solution, but there is a defining line between interviewing and providing consulting services. After the phone interview........radio silence. Follow up with the HR person, nothing. Follow up with the hiring manager, nothing. That in itself should throw up a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Please define in detail the S&OP program rolled out at your company.
      Detail how the company achieved specific OTD and case fill rates.   Answer Question

Evaluation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lonza (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted a month later via email to fill out a questionnaire and possible availability times for an interview. After some back and forth a date was set and they flew me in for the interview. Everyone was very nice. Interview went well.
    I was scheduled for a phone interview with 2 more people including HR because they were not present during the face to face interview. I did a lot of research on the company and I felt they were not expecting the questions I asked them.
    Especially the company had a high turnover rate lately and HR indicated,reading in between the lines "they can't compete."
    Also I felt they couldn't match my salary ,judging by the way one of the directors was behaving.

After the whole interview process I didn't hear anything from them until I sent an email to the recruiter asking for feedback. That was very unprofessional considering paying for hotel,flight and rental car for a candidate to come in for an interview. The least will be to call the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Take me through your resume   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lonza (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I had 3 different interviews. First was a phone interview with the director of the department. Next was another phone interview with a co-worker in the department. Final was a faced to face with HR department.

Core Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walkersville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lonza (Walkersville, MD).

Interview

The interview process was not stress full at all. Since this was an entry level position they did not expect me to be a subject matter expert. The just wanted to make sure my attitude would be a good fit for the team. I met with two supervisors then the manager of the Cell Therapy department.

Deviation Investigation Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lonza (Portsmouth, NH) in January 2016.

Interview

Very formal process, standard interview questions, and everyone was kind and professional.

I really thought the team gave a great impression of the company and made me like the company even more! I didn't get the job but they emailed me right away and were very kind.

Interview Questions

• problem solving questions; multitasking questions; ability to handle stressful environments; etc.   Answer Question