Lowes Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holly Springs, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Holly Springs, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

Walked in, I walked to the room with the hiring manager, the interview was literally 5 minutes, this is due to the fact people who worked there knew me already, it's always good to have a reference. The lady on the phone was clear and the interview was scheduled for only 2 days after the call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Lowe's foods   2 Answers

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Lewisville, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

Filled out application online and within a week I was asked to come in for an interview with the GM. We spoke for about ten minutes, I was offered the job and drug tested immediately. I started the very next week.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was already an employee so I was offered the job after a few brief questions. Accepted the job and loved it, worked retail my entire life. Great store and good store manager until it all got switched around.

Cash Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Winston-Salem, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

Questioned by the department manager and the store manager. They asked about experience in retail, what my goals were with the company, and if I was willing to work nights and weekends. It was informal( I wore jeans and a nice top) Some departments require a skills test but mine did not. After the interview they will contact you with an offer, or they make an offer on the spot. If you accept, times will be scheduled for drug testing and orientation. That process takes about a week before you start training in your department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. Pay grades are determined by standard company ranges based on experience, job title, and profitability of the store. Example: slower stores have lower pay grades whereas busier store have higher ones

Anonymous Employee in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Hickory, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

They would ask you the standard interview questions. Where do you see yourself in five years, how much are you expecting to make, what do you want out of the job, etc. Pretty straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Raleigh, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

A few questions about experience and you are hired. Easy job to get hired for. Then I had to take a drug test, i am not sure if they still do it. They probably don't. Then you have to wait for them to do a background check and then you are good to start.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the cashier position online. I received a phone call a few days later asking if I was still interested and we set up an interview. When I first came in I was handed a clip board with a few questions written on it, the woman said that it was to help get you acquainted with the lay out of the store. After I finished the questions we had a standard one on one interview. She seemed to have already decided that she wasn’t going to hire me, asked a couple questions as a formality. I received an email a couple minutes after I left saying that they would go with another candidate.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Talk and dont say anything inappropriate. S u p e r d u p e r e a s y f o r r e a l. Lile as easy as it gets just dont be dumb or illiterate.

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Boone, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I sat down with the manager and we went over little things like describe your previous job, but there was pretty much nothing to the interview because someone was almost guaranteed to get hired. The only way you could pretty much get turned down is if you didn't do the chicken dance. That is a company-wide policy, so expect that to be coming. They also sent me on a scavenger hunt to prove I could find my way around the store and basically familiarize me with the store.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lowes Foods (Charlotte, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Was asked some simple questions about work history and when i could start because at the time they were really in need of some major help at that time period