Lucky Brand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lucky Brand Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucky Brand (Tampa, KS).

Interview

Basic questions asked. Will be asked to create an outfit based off a certain situation/style. When in the interview, know the store style before attending. Don't go too dressy, but don't look like a bum. The interview process is simple and nothing to stress about

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucky Brand (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Dropped off a resume in one of the NYC stores and also applied online. A week and a half later I got an email asking if I would like to schedule an interview at one of their locations. I went in a couple days later and met with the store manager. Very pleasant and friendly, she asked about my previous work experience, discussed the role and what the brand has to offer and asked if I had any questions. We discussed the brand and she made it seem like I was a strong candidate, asking about my availability. We discussed what the pay rate would most likely be and she also mentioned the room for growth within. I loved the brand already. But after the interview, the manager made me feel like I belonged, and wanted to belong to the team! She said that she would be getting back to me within a couple days, which she did. She contacted me, saying she had a position available and mentioned the pay rate and gave me the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the hardest challenges at your previous job   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lucky Brand (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2016.

Interview

Average and common interview questions. Then we went on the floor and did a few scenarios as customer and employee. Overall was a fun interview! The manager was awesome and made sure he told me what I could do better. Gave a good amount of constructive criticism and offered the job on the spot.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lucky Brand (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Scheduled an interview the day after receiving resumè. Interview went splendidly with questions regarding naval experience and attitude towards customer assistance. Special consideration was taken about my position regarding DJHere Productions. Manager seemed more than pleased with my responses and offered me the position immediately after the interview. The training day was the following Monday morning.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever handled cash?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucky Brand (Burlington, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Quick questions, they try to gage your sales experience. Nothing too demanding, goes through some scenario questions to see how you would handle things. Over all a very good experience

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gloucester City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lucky Brand (Gloucester City, NJ).

Interview

Interview consisted of creating outfits and "selling" them to the hiring manager, you had to make an outfit for a given scenario and explain how each piece could be worn in different ways

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lucky Brand (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was at a job fair. I was referred to a manager and from there I was interviewed by several others. They watched everything from posture, to the way you dressed.

Interview Questions

• What was your most successful sale story?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lucky Brand (Pooler, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the assistant manager first and he asked what i knew about sales and about myself then we went over my work experience after that we we t to the for and did sins role playing and he had me style two outfits then the next day i interviewed with the DM and did the dame thing and he asked more questions about why i fit there

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lucky Brand.

Interview

Went to the back office with store manager. She asked questions based off of my resume. After the question and answer portion, we went out to the sales floor for the "lucky impression". I had to create an outfit for a girl going out on a date, then we did the role play which consisted of selling a product, creating conversation, and lastly helping a customer in the fitting room. Overall, not too bad.

I didnt get an offer on the spot. She said she would call me tomorrow. So for now I just listed it as no offer.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lucky Brand (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website and got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview about a week later. Day of the phone interview... the HR woman did not call at the scheduled time. I waited about 20 minutes (because I know sometimes people having meetings, etc) and then sent her an e-mail confirming our phone interview. She replied back saying "I'm so sorry, I forgot I scheduled you for a phone interview. I knew I forgot to write something down!" and we rescheduled for another day. Day of re-scheduled phone interview, she called 5 minutes late. The phone interview took about 20 minutes. She asked basic questions like "Why do you want to work for Lucky Brand? What was your salary at your current company? What are your salary expectations? Do you have any questions for me?" I passed the phone interview, and got an e-mail the next day to come in for an on-site interview at their Los Angeles headquarters in the Art district. The in-person interview was okay. The same HR lady (who forgot to call me for the phone interview) was 15 minutes late, although I arrived 15 minutes early, so I waited a total of 30 minutes. She then lead me to a meeting room upstairs. Sure it was like 1pm in the afternoon, but she didn't even bother to turn the lights so we did the interview in a dark room. She spoke with me for about 20 minutes and asked me exactly the same questions she did in the phone interview. After she was done, I asked her how long it would take to hear back. Her exact words were "We're making a decision at the end of today, so we'll let you know by the end of this week!" After the HR woman interviewed me, I met with 2 other managers. It was mostly them talking to me about the position, the company, and the team. They only asked a few questions and it seemed more like a conversation. It seemed to have ended well. Overall interview took about 2 hours. I went home, sent the Thank You e-mails to each person I spoke with, and waited for some sort of reply at the end of the week. I didn't get a response on Friday, so I sent a follow-up e-mail on Monday. I never heard back again even though they said they would let me know. Classic story, and not at all surprising, considering how disorganized the HR woman presented herself quite a few times. Later on, I checked the Career page website and found out my application status was "On Hold until 2017" so I'm guessing they never hired because they didn't have the budget to, or something. Regardless, I realized I wouldn't want to work for such a disorganized company in the future.