MAVERICK Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAVERICK Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.8

Engineer I Interview

Interview

Interviews were easy enough and people were friendly, but the process was not standardized and should have taken two weeks or less (not a full month for a decision). The process consisted of a phone screening followed by two phone interviews and a personality assessment.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAVERICK Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter at my campus and interviewed on campus with two managers. The interview was fairly standard and had a very strong focus on team oriented projects. They asked for specific examples to answer questions and did not want general answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked on a project without supervision.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't know the next steps to take in solving a problem.   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAVERICK Technologies (Santa Ana, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied through my college recruitment website. I received a phone call a few days later regarding a phone interview with Maverick Technologies. It went well, so I moved forward with the process into a 1 on 1 in person interview. The interview was pretty standard. I was asked about my background, then behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAVERICK Technologies in November 2014.

Interview

Fairly casual and comfortable experience. Started with a career fair on campus. Engineer I and HR were present and introduced me to the company and just got a "feel" for me and if I would be a fit for the company. Next was phone interviews with Project Managers at different MAVERICK locations that had openings. After a specific location was interested, I was contacted by that locations Operations Manager (over the phone). I was offered an on-site visit if I wasn't comfortable accepting an offer without seeing the office and meeting the people in it.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and tell me about some of your engineering experiences.   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAVERICK Technologies in August 2014.

Interview

Applied through the university portal. The HR person in charge called to filter candidates. Mostly they asked about my resume and some personality questions. They are really interested in the "soft" skills. The second phone call was from the Operations Manager. The questions were more about what-would-you-do type of questions or explain scenarios that were challenging at work or school. No technical questions as Industrial Control Engineering is normally not taught at school.

After that I had a one-on-one interview with a senior engineer and asked questions similar to the OM. A few days later I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to go above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MAVERICK Technologies (Columbia, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Tough interviewers, but wonderful experience!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quick and fair

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAVERICK Technologies.

Interview

Very well pleased with the planning and flexibility of arranging the interviews. The recruiter was very accommodating to my schedule, which was busy at that time. Interview was done with a couple of technical managers who were Engineers earlier with Maverick. Done on a technical skilll level assessment kind of mode. After that the functional manager also interviewed me, which was very relaxed. Mostly asked, what would you do in a situation like... format.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very professional

Control Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAVERICK Technologies (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2013.

Interview

I had multiple interviews by three levels of employees. I had a phone interview with a technical person, then a project manager, then an HR person. It was a bit much I thought, but they really want to find the right fit for the company. After I came here I learned that about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was negotiation on salary, cell phone compensation, how much vacation

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAVERICK Technologies (Columbia, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

People in the office were cordial and pleasant. After walking around the facility, the HR director spoke with me for about five minutes to discuss my interests outside of school and what I think about the area. After finishing the tour of the facility, the interviewer introduced himself. The interview was easy going and almost stress free. The interview felt more like a conversation instead of the normal "Tell me about a time when" questions. The interviewer was happy to answer any questions that I had and gave me his business card if I had any more questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you fix a problem with one of the systems if you were the only one here late at night with no access to anyone else's work   Answer Question

The hours required to work were conflicting with my class times

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAVERICK Technologies (Columbia, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

I came to MAVERICK interviewing for an entry level position. I had an one interview with the Hiring Manager. I felt very comfortable and the interview seemed more like a conversation about my abilities and experience. From my face to face interview I was able to take in more information about the work culture and was open to ask any questions I had.