MEGA Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at MEGA Brands

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MEGA Brands (Irvine, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Great culture. Very laid back and positive enviornment.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MEGA Brands (Lafayette, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the HR rep. It lasted about 20-30 minutes. She asked me basically questions that would answer whether I met the requirements listed on the job posting. She did a brief screening just to make sure I was qualified for the position. She asked for three references and definitely spoke to all three. One of the questions she asked them was what my biggest weakness/flaw was. During the actual interview I was asked to bring three writing samples and was asked to write something there, too (response to an actual customer complaint). I interviewed with one of the brand managers and the head of the brand managers as well.

Interview Questions

• I suppose the most unexpected question was what my biggest flaw was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My position as offered to be as part-time; with that in consideration the pay was pretty good for a part-time job. Now that it's transitioned into a full-time job, a salary negotiation is something i will have to consider asking about.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MEGA Brands (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

There is a call in the afternoon from nice young HR person. They ask questions to make basic contact and ask what you know about the company. It takes about 10 minutes. It took about 10 years of applying to get a call. They scheduled a time for a live interview. Then it got rescheduled for 2 days later. I asked if I should prepare anything and they said it wouldn't be necessary. I brought in my portfolio all the same. The day of the interview I got a visitor's pass. I met with a certain young man from Mattel. There was more talk of how great Mega Bloks was than what I could contribute. It sounded good. I was impressed. They loved my stuff. I waited for about 3 weeks before calling in for a follow up. They said the director was out of town which slows down the interviewing process. A week later, I get a polite let-down email.

Interview Questions

• What would your colleagues say about you?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MEGA Brands (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

There is a phone interview to see your understanding of the company. Then once they view your portfolio they call you in for an interview. You choose whether to have your interview in french or English (Montreal afterall). The interview is first with an HR manager who asked basic behavior and work environment related questions. After you are interviewed by the manager of design. They will review your portfolio with you then take you on a tour of the facilities. There is no second interview. You either make a good first impression or you don't.

Interview Questions

• How can you contribute differently to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. I accepted the offer because I was desperate for work.

Web Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MEGA Brands in January 2009.

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.