MF Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MF Global

2.5

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MF Global (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Small professional team, Asked good questions and from each interviewer about their area of expertise, job description clear, Very slow on follow-up and decision-making

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MF Global (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I got the job thru an employee referral, so the interview process was simplified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

took a day to append details in the contract

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MF Global (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with my boss, my boss' boss and people in other departments. They asked pretty generic questions to get to know you,, how you fit in, and work experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about work experience, why I was leaving my former job, and knowledge of industry   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Good interviewing experience

Account Executive Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MF Global (Chicago, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

One on one interview, sales experience and people skills talked about, being comfortable on the phones, cold calling, ability to work on a base plus commission. Series 3 needed for job, if the individual doesn't have it at the time when hired, you need to obtain within first couple months. Also, have to do a 10 year background check (FBI), this took the longest to do.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable on the phones?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work on commission besides your small base?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation in the salary because most of your money is made on commission for sales and opening new accounts.

Seiries III Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MF Global (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was simple and straightforward. I was brought on as a broker and equity raiser. I met which my soon to be manager and then followed up with upper management. The interview consisted as to why I want to be there and my contribution. All said and done, an easy process

Interview Questions

• How are you going to raise money in this difficult climate? It was in a recession.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, take it or leave it.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MF Global in November 2010.

Interview

Basic telephonic interview by recruitment/HR administrator confirming basic education and experience details.
    1:1 interview with country office head/general manager followed by long telephonic interview with key personnel in group finance.

Lastly, a background/reference check done by recruitment/HR administrator from previous employers.

Interview Questions

• Pls. justify yourself as best fit for this senior level role?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MF Global (Mumbai (India)) in January 2010.

Interview

Haphazard planning. Surprised by the average quality of managers.

Not impressed with firm.

FX Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at MF Global (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2011.

Interview

Lengthy,incomplete and time wasting.I was recommended by recruiter,the hirer who was to be my superior was highly impressed with me.Kept calling back and checking in every few months,eventually told them either hire me or forget about me 9 months later. They hired me.

Dealer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MF Global in September 2009.

Interview

simple interview to briefly know about personal profile