MIND Research Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MIND Research Institute Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute.

Interview

Phone call screening followed by an in-person interview discussing both technical aspects of the technologies used for the job (Actionscript) and pedagogical questions about the use of technology for math education.

Education Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute in July 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR rep, then another with the hiring manager. Both interviews were about 40 mins each. Easy process, and both interviewers were great to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How do you currently implement technology in your classroom?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute (Irvine, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Since I was out of state, I first had an introductory phone interview with an HR rep. Then, I had a skype interview with one of the current data analysts to test my relevant skills and expertise. Finally, I had another phone interview with the supervisor of the department to secure the position.

Education Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

One-on-one with sales manager (direct supervisor) in person. I was referred to the position by an internal employee so the process was less of a challenge verses a non-referral. I didn't have to go through a second review. There will little transparency when explaining the position and job duties. I was also given ample opportunity to interview the interviewer. Which was important since they would be my direct supervisor

Interview Questions

• My experience developing a new territory and strategies...   Answer Question

Temporary Engineering Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute (Irvine, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with one of the curriculum analysts who briefly showed me through the office before talking about the necessary responsibilities for the position. He had me talk through my thought process for a couple of brain teasers that were math related and explained how they used different concepts and methods to break down math for students. He then asked about past experiences based on my resume and what I had done in the past to help students who didn't understand the material being taught. The interview lasted around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Without using a calculator or writing it down, how would you solve to find the difference between 2014^2 and 2015^2   1 Answer

Mathematician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

A few days after applying for the position, I was contacted by HR and scheduled a phone interview for the following week. A few days after the interview, they followed up via email and scheduled an in-person interview the next week. Overall, it took about three weeks from my initial application to the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions weren't too difficult, but one that gave me a little difficulty was something like: "How can you use your experience (volunteering abroad) in this position to make yourself a better employee?"   Answer Question

Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and I had a series of interviews with different members of the management team. Since most of the managers have a sales background and have never run a non-profit and don't understand fundraising, their questions were not very thoughtful or applicable to the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was married and if I had children. When I responded, yes, I was asked "who would take care of my children since this job is very demanding".   1 Answer

The organization is run like a start up software company, and appeared to be masquerading as a non-profit to drive software sales and use philanthropy to discount the software. Most non-profit professionals have an ethical issue with this.

MIND Research Institute Response

Sep 26, 2014 – VP, HR and Talent

We are disappointed to hear about your interview experience with the Development department. With that said, the Development department hasn’t existed in the past 12 months. Our Philanthropic... More

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute (Irvine, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and was probably one of the easiest I have ever experienced. The questions were very straight forward and well-thought out, not like all those behavioral questions that really don't have relevance to the position. The Manager was very likable and fair-minded.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

Agressive hiring process. 3 interviews. Inappropriate questions throughout interview process by certain people, but didn't really care, just noticed it was an unusual line of questioning.

Interview Questions

• Personal question that was easy to answer, but absolutely inappropriate for an interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. It worked out fine for me.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MIND Research Institute (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Technical interview on Statistical Concepts as well as familiarity with R and LaTeX. Interview in a very friendly environment. The hiring manager was very passionate about his job and the mission the company is pursuing. While interview was testing the skills, they were mainly considering your potentials rather than just your answers.

Interview Questions

• Programming questions in R and Statistical method questions   1 Answer