MLive Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MLive Media Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2018

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MLive Media Group.

Interview

I applied online for an internship then had one phone interview a couple weeks later. About a month after my phone interview, I was offered the position over the phone and I didn't have time to think about it - they needed an answer same-day.

Interview Questions

• They basically had me talk about myself and what I'd done. No hard questions at all, more just explaining my skills and how I used them in my current job. They asked me about my career aspirations, too.   Answer Question

VIdeographer/Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MLive Media Group.

Interview

I had a short phone interview, followed by a Skype interview. A month and a half later, I had another Skype interview. Then, I had to do a big video project (that took me at least 20 hours) and pitch them multiple story ideas. TWO MONTHS after that, they ask me to come in in-person. I had connections to this company. I dropped out of the process to maintain some dignity and self respect. They ended up hiring another white male from Michigan, making that 3/3 on their team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to produce a video, even though I was more than qualified, had multiple in-company references, and was willing to relocate. I produced the video, happily. It took me at least 20 hours. They still couldn't make up their mind.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MLive Media Group.

Interview

You get interviewed by various people within the company. A regional type manager, then someone more local - most of the questions are based on sales experience and what would you do if..... questions on handling of customers. They are interested in knowing if you can take a customers needs and turn it into a solution or sale. They hire a lot of people with little or no experience, so you are just basically selling yourself and your personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very self-explanatory and to the point. They didn't have too many questions and the ones they had were very run-of-the-mill interview questions. It took about 45 minutes and they answered the questions I had well. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

• What are the typical projects and day-to-day tasks at your current job? How do you communicate with clients?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MLive Media Group.

Interview

Phone, email and in-person interviews. A three-step process with progressively more information asked for and offered at each step. Pleasant first phase. Longer lag between first and second phases. Advice: Ask as many questions as you can during the second phase and be sure to get answers to questions that are asked. The time between the second and third phases was very short. Good response time by company.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to cover this specific beat, what are a few stories you'd like to do in the first three months?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Detroit, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

everyone who interviewed me was really nice. only problem was it was a lot of phone tag, and they spaced out the phone interviews. the process took a while.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Met with manager and director for Q&A. Proceeded to more Q&A and role play. The Q&A focused mostly on them getting to know me. Questions such as why are you interested in working here, why do you think you would be a good fit, etc. were asked. The role play consisted of meeting with three people and for me to "sell" marketing services within a fictional scenario. I was provided about one day to prepare for the role play. They offered me a job the following day.

Interview Questions

• On a whiteboard, share something you are passionate about.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate for more money and they firmly rejected my effort.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

The worst interview process I have ever been thru. Apparently they fail to communicate that you need to be 21-22 years old to work there, because you will be reporting to someone in that age group, which explains the lack of professionalism. They must be getting great leadership from the captain of the ship, because he was very rude too.

Business Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a Business Reporter position within the company, and my interview started by sitting in on a meeting with the content-creation staff as they went about their day-to-day discussions. I then interviewed two-on-one with an editor and managing producer, and then was interviewed in pairs for the better part of an hour, with staff members ranging from the reporters to the community outreach coordinator.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What is your experience in this role? To what extend are you self-motivating? Are you experienced in working with a deadline, and do you know how to pursue a story on your own?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a series of three interviews. The first was routine, the second was more creative (drawing out a process you're familiar with, ranking goals, etc) and the last was role play.

Interview Questions

• Draw out on this whiteboard something you can explain to us using steps and figures.   Answer Question