MLive Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MLive Media Group Interview Questions

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MLive Media Group.

Interview

I applied online for an internship then had one phone interview a couple weeks later. About a month after my phone interview, I was offered the position over the phone and I didn't have time to think about it - they needed an answer same-day.

Interview Questions

• They basically had me talk about myself and what I'd done. No hard questions at all, more just explaining my skills and how I used them in my current job. They asked me about my career aspirations, too.   Answer Question

Business Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a Business Reporter position within the company, and my interview started by sitting in on a meeting with the content-creation staff as they went about their day-to-day discussions. I then interviewed two-on-one with an editor and managing producer, and then was interviewed in pairs for the better part of an hour, with staff members ranging from the reporters to the community outreach coordinator.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What is your experience in this role? To what extend are you self-motivating? Are you experienced in working with a deadline, and do you know how to pursue a story on your own?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Detroit, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

everyone who interviewed me was really nice. only problem was it was a lot of phone tag, and they spaced out the phone interviews. the process took a while.

Campaign Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting agency within a week of applying and was given a brief phone interview. I was told that if the hiring manager was interested, I would be contacted anywhere from 1 week to 90 days later for a second interview. I was contacted the following week and informed that the hiring manager would like to conduct a phone interview with me, but first, I would have to fill out an application and take a personality test over the phone. I did both of those things and had a phone interview the next day. I was informed the following week by the recruiter that the company decided to hire internally.

Interview Questions

• I can't say that any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. The interview was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was very self-explanatory and to the point. They didn't have too many questions and the ones they had were very run-of-the-mill interview questions. It took about 45 minutes and they answered the questions I had well. Very nice people.

Interview Questions

• What are the typical projects and day-to-day tasks at your current job? How do you communicate with clients?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a series of three interviews. The first was routine, the second was more creative (drawing out a process you're familiar with, ranking goals, etc) and the last was role play.

Interview Questions

• Draw out on this whiteboard something you can explain to us using steps and figures.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MLive Media Group.

Interview

You get interviewed by various people within the company. A regional type manager, then someone more local - most of the questions are based on sales experience and what would you do if..... questions on handling of customers. They are interested in knowing if you can take a customers needs and turn it into a solution or sale. They hire a lot of people with little or no experience, so you are just basically selling yourself and your personality.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Met with manager and director for Q&A. Proceeded to more Q&A and role play. The Q&A focused mostly on them getting to know me. Questions such as why are you interested in working here, why do you think you would be a good fit, etc. were asked. The role play consisted of meeting with three people and for me to "sell" marketing services within a fictional scenario. I was provided about one day to prepare for the role play. They offered me a job the following day.

Interview Questions

• On a whiteboard, share something you are passionate about.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate for more money and they firmly rejected my effort.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Lansing, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews for this Account Executive position. This is probably consistent across all different positions with the company. The first interview is a basic 1-1, sometimes it's 2-1, where they ask you typical interview questions. The second interview is a phone interview where they ask you simple "On a scale from 1-10, how uncomfortable would you feel in this situation" questions. The 3rd interview is a role-play interview and is very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you struggle in *that* specific area?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MLive Media Group in December 2011.

Interview

Overall a tough interview. Initial interview was reasonable. 2nd interview was a sales situation requiring research/knowledge of the companies products

Interview Questions

Negotiation

standard offer letter; vacation negotiation