MLive Media Group Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MLive Media Group

MLive Media Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MLive Media Group

Interview

I applied online for an internship then had one phone interview a couple weeks later. About a month after my phone interview, I was offered the position over the phone and I didn't have time to think about it - they needed an answer same-day.

Interview Questions
  • They basically had me talk about myself and what I'd done. No hard questions at all, more just explaining my skills and how I used them in my current job. They asked me about my career aspirations, too.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in Jan 2018

Interview

Not too easy but asked some tough questions. A lot of BBI questions and many rounds with the full process taking about 3 months from first HR contact to offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MLive Media Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at MLive Media Group

Interview

I had a short phone interview, followed by a Skype interview. A month and a half later, I had another Skype interview. Then, I had to do a big video project (that took me at least 20 hours) and pitch them multiple story ideas. TWO MONTHS after that, they ask me to come in in-person. I had connections to this company. I dropped out of the process to maintain some dignity and self respect. They ended up hiring another white male from Michigan, making that 3/3 on their team.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to produce a video, even though I was more than qualified, had multiple in-company references, and was willing to relocate. I produced the video, happily. It took me at least 20 hours. They still couldn't make up their mind.

MLive Media Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MLive Media Group

Interview

You get interviewed by various people within the company. A regional type manager, then someone more local - most of the questions are based on sales experience and what would you do if..... questions on handling of customers. They are interested in knowing if you can take a customers needs and turn it into a solution or sale. They hire a lot of people with little or no experience, so you are just basically selling yourself and your personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Ann Arbor, MI) in Jun 2017

Interview

Asked a few questions that made no sense and were quite embarrassing to come up with an answer on the spot. Other than that the questions were pretty standard at first.

Interview Questions
  • If you woke up tomorrow and there was an elephant in your backyard what would you do?

MLive Media Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MLive Media Group

Interview

Multiple discussions with department heads, but the ultimate hiring decision is made by the editor-in-chief. The entire process took two days. There were lunch with future colleagues, dinner with future supervisors, and another lunch with other staff members. Between all that were meetings, HR personality tests, and a trip to the clinic for drug test.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the city of Grand Rapids, Kent County, and the State of Michigan?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in Feb 2017

Interview

The interview was very self-explanatory and to the point. They didn't have too many questions and the ones they had were very run-of-the-mill interview questions. It took about 45 minutes and they answered the questions I had well. Very nice people.

Interview Questions
  • What are the typical projects and day-to-day tasks at your current job? How do you communicate with clients?

MLive Media Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MLive Media Group

Interview

Phone, email and in-person interviews. A three-step process with progressively more information asked for and offered at each step. Pleasant first phase. Longer lag between first and second phases. Advice: Ask as many questions as you can during the second phase and be sure to get answers to questions that are asked. The time between the second and third phases was very short. Good response time by company.

Interview Questions
  • If you were asked to cover this specific beat, what are a few stories you'd like to do in the first three months?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Detroit, MI) in Feb 2016

Interview

everyone who interviewed me was really nice. only problem was it was a lot of phone tag, and they spaced out the phone interviews. the process took a while.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MLive Media Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in Nov 2015

Interview

Three interviews. Initial phone interview to go over resume. Then an interview with your future sales manager. You will have prepared some content to roll play a sales call. You will also have to whiteboard something you like to do. By that i mean you will have to both illustrate and discuss what you are passionate about and how you developed your skills to become better at that. You will then meet with the director of sales and answer basic sales questions. What motivates you, why do you want this job, what do you bring to the table, where do you see yourself in 5 years..etc..

Interview Questions
  • What is something you are passionate about and how did you go about getting better at it and developing your skills.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Interviews