MPI Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.4

LBA Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mattawan, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MPI Research (Mattawan, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Met with the laboratory manager and talked about the position. Got a tour of the facilities and was very impressed. The interview itself was pretty informal, but there were a few questions asked pertaining to the amount of knowledge a candidate has.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mattawan, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MPI Research (Mattawan, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

As many find with MPI, interviews are a waste of time as many positions already have their person picked well in advance. MPI likes to hire within their own groups and thinking outside the box isn't on their mind.

Interview Questions

• The typical questions are asked. What are your strengths and weaknesses? Why do you want the position. Nothing to complicated.   Answer Question

Research Associate (TMC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mattawan, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MPI Research (Mattawan, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I had an onsite with the Test Material Control group. Gave me a tour of the facility. The interview was one manager and two of the current associates interviewing me. Very simple questions. Look at the pay rates on here! They're very accurate with what they offered me!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked on a team and someone didn't cooperate.   Answer Question
    • What qualities does your ideal manager have?   Answer Question

Report Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mattawan, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MPI Research (Mattawan, MI).

Interview

I was referred by an employee. Then 2 weeks later by HR, and 2 weeks later by a panel of 4 managers. Interview questions were the usual and not hard, but only one person asked the questions, which makes it hard to interact with the different interviews.

Then you meet with 2 others who currently do your job. Then you have to take a short "paper version" of the Wonderlic Test and write a short statement as to why you think you are the best person for the job. You have 20 minutes for both. They never called or emailed to say whether I got the job or not, despite both my and the referring employee emails to get some feedback.

With the age of tasks being automated, it is so hard for me to understand why so many Corporate HR Departments cannot just send out a general updated response to everyone who applied, or interviewed and didn't get the job. Even sadder still when you try to follow-up and they don't respond. It's just a matter of integrity, respect and dignity of people's time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when someone was difficult to work with. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mattawan, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MPI Research (Mattawan, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Called me and set up interview, day of interview I was given a facility tour along with 5 other candidates. After the tour they make you sit and wait in the lobby and you interview with different groups depending on who was interested. I had interviews with 6 different depts.

Biostatistics Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mattawan, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MPI Research (Mattawan, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Well organized. 3 different interviews in about 2 hours. 3-4 people each time. The first half hour was just asking some general information then follow with technical questions. the second group was pure technical interview. The last half hour, you got a chance to talk and ask question with the department head

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MPI Research.

Interview

You initially receive a call from an HR representative inquiring as to how you found out about the position, what you liked about it, what you would be willing to do, etc. . Then, you will meet with group leaders and applicable management personnel. Initial background checks are conducted and references are checked. Call backs for additional interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would make you a good fit for this company?   Answer Question

In Life Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mattawan, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MPI Research (Mattawan, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was very easy to get through. But they seem to always have the person picked for the position and no one else has a chance. It feels that the best candidates are looked over for the popular candidate. Which then leads to bad management and bad quality.

Interview Questions

• Have you every bent or broke the rules and please explain your answer.
      How would you introduce yourself to your new group?
      Why do you feel you are a good fit for the job?
      What do you like about your current position?   Answer Question

Scientist Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mattawan, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MPI Research (Mattawan, MI).

Interview

it was a day long interview. It went well. Interactions with potential colleagues was good and was inspired to work at MPI. was told that it will get busy some months of the year but that is just the nature of the business.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mattawan, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MPI Research (Mattawan, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, were I also did a personality quiz. It took a couple of weeks to call me and do a brief phone interview, the HR person was very nice and went over salary and job expectations as well as asking about myself. I then went in for and interview with a couple of different departments, both were panel/group interviews with the different Project Leader from their departments. I got a call with an offer that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Have you every had a difficult situation come up with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation,.