MRA - The Management Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.7

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Casual, friendly, it was obvious that they had read and understood my background. We started with a tour of the facility and some casual conversations with current employees that were in the area.

Interview Questions

• Outside of recruitment, what other areas of interest would you have?   Answer Question
    • What types of positions do you typically recruit for?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Applied online. The process took 4 weeks.The first round of interview was a basic phone screen with HR manager. The second interview was with the hiring manager. Overall, everyone in the process was very helpful and cordial.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding previous experience, academic background, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association in October 2016.

Interview

Very laid back. Everyone was great. The HR person was so-so, however. I had to keep asking her for information. The hiring manager told me a decision would be made in about 3 days, but the HR person kept dodging me. Eventually, after 4 weeks, she gave me the news I already knew that they picked someone else. Kind of unprofessional especially for a company where HR is their sole business.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about a slow PC login issue...basically, he took a DNS server down. Very easy.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process included a phone screening and two face to face interviews. One interview as a group interview and the other was an interview with the CEO. What impressed me most was that they told me when they would get back to me during each step of the process. Unlike many employers, MRA was true to their word and got back to me on the date they told me.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my level of digital marketing experience.   1 Answer

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

It took a long time to hear back from them after I applied. I had a phone interview with a recruiter who worked for the company. The questions were all pretty standard. ("Tell me about yourself, what are your strengths? What is a weakness? What attracted you to this job?") They said I'd hear back from them. Several weeks--maybe four or five--I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Are you more interested in writing or editing/proofing?   Answer Question

Reference and Background Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

I got an interview from an employee referral. I had a phone interview a few days after sending my resume. Then, I had an in person interview a few days later with HR and immediately after an interview with manager/director. I like having both interviews the same day(saves gas and time). Shortly after I received an offer. Most time consuming was waiting on background check to come back, but it was worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• If a person says they work for company ABC, but it comes back no records what would be your steps?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay not negotiable. It is hourly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very intimidating, as it was my first corporate interview, but it was very smooth and I felt very welcomed. I contacted them with my resume after a recommendation from a family member, and was contacted within a few weeks about an interview. I interviewed about 7 months before the internship would have started. They told me they were interested and that I would be contacted after they developed an internship plan. I interviewed again closer to the start date with those who would be my direct managers. Shortly after that, I was officially extended an offer and the background check was completed within a week. I started about 2 months after I was hired, due to my educational commitments.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel a minor in psychology will help you in the Human Resources field?   Answer Question

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

pretty smooth, nothing difficult. I think i went prepared. Learning about the company did help me to understand what kind of business that is. I had a phone interview, then 1:1. Easy, simple, standard questions. Negotiated an extra week of vacation.

Human Resources Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Local interview in Palatine, IL and then a group interview in Waukesha, WI. I interviewed one on one with someone from each discipline - HR Advisors, HR hotline, Compensation, Training, and internal HR department. Interview style was professional but not intimidating. For training department, a live presentation was given to a panel of in-house trainers and feedback was provided.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Short and to the point

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very short, wouldn't negotiate on vacation which was all I was interested in negotiating on.