MRA - The Management Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very intimidating, as it was my first corporate interview, but it was very smooth and I felt very welcomed. I contacted them with my resume after a recommendation from a family member, and was contacted within a few weeks about an interview. I interviewed about 7 months before the internship would have started. They told me they were interested and that I would be contacted after they developed an internship plan. I interviewed again closer to the start date with those who would be my direct managers. Shortly after that, I was officially extended an offer and the background check was completed within a week. I started about 2 months after I was hired, due to my educational commitments.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel a minor in psychology will help you in the Human Resources field?   1 Answer

Human Resources Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Local interview in Palatine, IL and then a group interview in Waukesha, WI. I interviewed one on one with someone from each discipline - HR Advisors, HR hotline, Compensation, Training, and internal HR department. Interview style was professional but not intimidating. For training department, a live presentation was given to a panel of in-house trainers and feedback was provided.

Interview Questions

• Please give an example of a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Applied online. The process took 4 weeks.The first round of interview was a basic phone screen with HR manager. The second interview was with the hiring manager. Overall, everyone in the process was very helpful and cordial.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding previous experience, academic background, etc.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Casual, friendly, it was obvious that they had read and understood my background. We started with a tour of the facility and some casual conversations with current employees that were in the area.

Interview Questions

• Outside of recruitment, what other areas of interest would you have?   Answer Question
    • What types of positions do you typically recruit for?   Answer Question

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in January 2009.

Interview

Thorough, professional and methodical. As an leader in HR, MRA has to set a high standard for their hiring processes, and they certainly did. As networking meetings turned into more formal interviews, I met with most of the senior team as well as MRA's recruiter and several peers I ended up working with.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were fair but challenging. If you are going to negotiate, be prepared -- you aren't going to get any easy concessions!

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI).

Interview

Short and to the point

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very short, wouldn't negotiate on vacation which was all I was interested in negotiating on.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

Multiple meetings with staff from various disciplines. I was interviewed based on networking contacts and no specific position was available. I met with multiple staff members in order to determine my fit regarding skill levels, fit with organization culture and ability to professionally represent the organization to both internal staff and external members.

Interview Questions

• How would your prior experience provide value within our organization.
      What did you like best about your prior experiences that you would want to be able to continue to do.   1 Answer

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

It took a long time to hear back from them after I applied. I had a phone interview with a recruiter who worked for the company. The questions were all pretty standard. ("Tell me about yourself, what are your strengths? What is a weakness? What attracted you to this job?") They said I'd hear back from them. Several weeks--maybe four or five--I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Are you more interested in writing or editing/proofing?   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process included a phone screening and two face to face interviews. One interview as a group interview and the other was an interview with the CEO. What impressed me most was that they told me when they would get back to me during each step of the process. Unlike many employers, MRA was true to their word and got back to me on the date they told me.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my level of digital marketing experience.   1 Answer

Billing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MRA - The Management Association (Waukesha, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

pretty smooth, nothing difficult. I think i went prepared. Learning about the company did help me to understand what kind of business that is. I had a phone interview, then 1:1. Easy, simple, standard questions. Negotiated an extra week of vacation.