MSC Cruises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MSC Cruises

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Cruises (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview process wasn't difficult. I interviewed for a part-time position and when hired was told that they were only hiring for full time. Be intentional and clear about what you're looking for in the interview, stress the importance. Get what they offer you in writing, they will offer you one thing during the interview and then offer something totally different upon hiring.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in a call center?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MSC Cruises (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

I was hired through a staffing agency and they scheduled the interview. It was a very friendly and pleasant experience. I was very comfortable and felt like I was going to work with some of the nicest people ever. The questions were easy and they were just looking for someone who was experienced on the phones and reliable.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous work expierence   1 Answer

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MSC Cruises (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy interview Hired pretty quick Staffing agency interviewed me first and I was in there the same day. Not sure what else to say seems like they needed people right away

Interview Questions

• When can you start?
      Can you work nights and weekends
      Helpful if you have cruise experience   1 Answer

Cruise Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MSC Cruises (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

All their Reservations Department people, back then, were hired from Temp Agencies first and had to work as a Temp for 6 months before being hired. Interviewed by a Reservations Supervisor then by the Reservations Director.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MSC Cruises (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

called by hr went to interview hired that day as I had 12 years experience as a cruise consultant went over background strength weakness hours needed pay scale future plans of cruise line advancement opportunities

Sales Director Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Cruises in December 2015.

Interview

Wish I could had read some advice like this one I am writing today here in Glassdoor before I dare to apply for a middle-management role at MSC in Geneva. I saw an interesting sales role in their website, I was not impressed by the "fancy" recruitment cockpit, but I gave it a try.... wrong move! It was difficult to navigate and it took a long time to load the documents (it crashed all the time!).

Worse was to come. After a few days I received an "machine generated email", it said my application was successful passing to the second stage, it also asked me to go back to the cockpit, to do a few online test. I completed 2 test, which was a personality test and English proficiency test (btw the words they were "testing" were ridiculous non-sense). After a few days, I received another email, saying that I needed to complete 4 MORE test, otherwise I would be out of the process.......in theory each test "takes 20 min", but it was not true, as you need to get familiar with the instructions and the "example questions". Completing these 4 test took me almost 3 hours of my time.

In less than 24 hrs I received yet another machine generated email, to let me know that "your application was not successful". I then search for a phone to contact HR to ask for a better feedback, but it was impossible to get the right number, so I wrote 3 times to the "HR recruitment" email address they provide in their website, but I never heard from anyone in MSC HR department. I wanted to know at least the results of the test, I consider it was the minimum feedback they could provide.

The whole process was an absolute shambles, worse after a few days I received another "machine generated" email, asking my feedback about the process....Of course I deleted it, as they never had the courtesy to reply to my several email or give me a call.

Interview Questions

• I just wanted to offer my experience about the recruitment process before getting to the interview stage.   1 Answer

IT Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MSC Cruises (Geneva (Switzerland)) in September 2015.

Interview

After a referral I have been interviewed by phone and then in person at HQ.

The company called me for a personal face to face interview not even mentioning a refund for the travel expenses i sustained, even knowing I was living abroad and far from their HQ office.

For the first time in my life I paid a long travel to reach a prospect employer that did not even offer a travel reimbursement.

"Italians". Some of the negative feedbacks have been: "You did not specify your birthday in the cv copy you sent", or "you did not highlight your academic credentials enough in your cv" about a CV with 15+ years of working experience...

I did not feel the process as "transparent" as it should have been.

Interview Questions

• Can you show me how you would expose in a 6 slides powerpoint the need to invest in BCM to the Board?   1 Answer

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MSC Cruises (Naples (Italy)) in June 2013.

Interview

The agency it was responsible for all process, all interviews were made with them, asking about the personal and professional life, getting all informations that can help them to choose and give the opportunity to you.

Interview Questions

• Preview experience in hotel or spa, how to take care about the rude guest, and if you hold the situation to stay far from your family.   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MSC Cruises.

Interview

I emailed my resume with a cover letter explaining my previous work experience,my studies and why I was interested in the position I was applying for. I received a phone call to arrange a face to face interview with the crew supervisor about a week later. I was offered the position a few days later.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MSC Cruises (Geneva (Switzerland)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a very user friendly web site they have (although there was a problem in the registration process). I submitted my information twice (although it had gained all the information from Linkedin).

Then I took 2 tests (personality and analytics) which as they said I passed both

Following was to create my video and upload it as to who I am and why I fit for that job.

Then It followed a skype interview with the head of the department