MTI Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.0

Stockroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MTI Electronics (Menomonee Falls, WI).

Interview

For me there were two interviews. I applied at the age of 17 and I interviewed first with the HR Manager at the time and she was extremely nice and courteous. She asked more questions about schedule availability and explained what the atmosphere was like. She didn't ask all that many questions about me. She wanted to know more like my personality and responsibilities that I had at the time to see if I would be responsible at the position. She actually liked me quite a lot and brought in who would become my direct supervisor in the stockroom to introduce him to me. She let him ask a few questions from me and we basically hit it off right from the start. After we finished talking she let him get back to work and we concluded the interview and she said she would be in touch to set up a second interview basically as a formality with the Floor Supervisor at the time. She was completely in charge of hiring but she wanted to make sure the Floor Supervisor also liked me. She called to set up a second interview with the Floor Supervisor. When I came in for the Second Interview he was very interested in learning more about me and more specific questions about my performance in previous positions and school. He did not ask "can you recall a specific situation in which __________" types of questions he asked more questions like the "Whats your biggest flaw?" types of questions. Closer to the end of the interview we discussed work hours and compensation. At the time I was lucky to get a job that wanted to pay me minimum wage so I was extremely happy with the offer of $10/hr. We also discussed working full time in the summers since I was off of school. Unfortunately I only negotiated one raise at this company so I don't have all that much advice for negotiating pay. All I would say is, if you are unhappy with the amount offered, let it be known.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MTI Electronics.

Interview

My recruiter helped my by making the calls, I was literally injected into the job without meeting a single person. Once in the position my skills were assessed further and I was able to complete the task hired for in a short period of time

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness is the most difficult question   Answer Question

Manufacturing/Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MTI Electronics (Menomonee Falls, WI) in December 2012.

Interview

You stay outside the locked business - there is a lobby and 2 meeting rooms. My first interview was pretty swift and easy going. A friendly but busy engineer. I came back for a second round with a person pretty high up. He was intelligent, a good read of people and really listened. No standard large company questions. Walk me through your resume, asked about experience, provide 1 strength and weakness. The money isn't like Johnson Controls or GE but then neither are the politics. People seemed genuinly friendly and were less guarded. Both interviews took about 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is little negotiation. It will be fair but not on the high end like the big giants. But there may be less fake stress and HR doesn't make you turn and run in the other direction. Know what you are worth but understand that you apply here for a reason other than money - work and satisfaction of a job well done without cursing and back-stabbing.