MTS Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial video recording session to answer audible questions.

2nd interview included:
    1. In person meeting with Eng Manager to discuss resume qualifications,
    2. Tour of the manufacturing facility (should have included the office work space)
    3. Test design discussion with a senior mechanical/system engineer with manager observing
    4. Statics and Dynamics testing and discussion with a senior and junior ME from the same group.

Interview Questions

• How would you create a test setup for a bicycle front fork?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTS Systems (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

A thirty minute behavioral pre-recorded interview. Nothing too unusual. None of the technical stuff. Thought it went ok. But never got back from them. Not even a phone screen or email back.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2012.

Interview

Interviews are free-form depending on the hiring manager. Do your homework ahead of time (know a little about the company, major markets, different company businesses, what countries have offices, etc.) and it's easy to shine. Company has strong engineering history, so if you can articulate well on technical issues and show a little business savvy it will go a long way.

Interview Questions

• Give me your 30 second elevator speech on why you are the ideal candidate for this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation possible.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then a Skype interview with the department heads before receiving a call with an offer. The process was very smooth and I got a response quicker than I had expected.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Eden Prairie, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview for about 45 mins. Second Phone interview for about 20 mins. Interview process was about 4-5 hours. Interview with all the department heads I would have been working with. Finial interview was with IT Manager. Took about 1 weeks after interview and recieved a phone call they were still making a decision and would take another week or two and that I was in the final selection, and got a phone call 2 weeks later letting me know I was not selected but very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why are manholes covers round?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTS Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Professional and engaging conversation that really produced an interest in their products and process. Really impressed with the education and professionalism of the team. I would recommend anyone to look for opportunities with this company.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MTS Systems.

Interview

Met company reps at a university career fair and discussed design work, work experience, etc with two people. The first rep was a weeder and the second was a bit more thorough, the second rep invited me in for a one on one interview. The interview was consisted of mainly designing a simple test rig. Had to define the forces/moments that were to be considered and design a way to recreate the environment in the lab for testing. The interview ended with the interviewer writing down his personal phone/email and explaining that there were no positions open for two weeks (due to an HR error) and I would have to complete their online application at that time. Due to this error I did not pursue this company.

Interview Questions

• What frequency range would you estimate a major bending mode of the test rig to be and how would you deal with it.   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I initially did a phone interview and then received an email that they were interested in having me come in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and two other people.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle if travel plans of the vice-president would go awry?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

Several interviews took place with different individuals. One person was the HR worker. The others were a couple of managers and an engineer from different areas of engineering. There was also a tour of the factory to see how some things were made in the machine shop and how the machines that the company made were assembled and tested.

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Two questions, one on the ideal gas law, one on the mass flow rate equation. They are lenient about GPA if you have related experiences. Join Formula SAE if MTS is a place you really want to work.