MTS Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2017

2.7

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Cary, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I initially did a phone interview with a recruiter (about 45min), then a few days later, I did an interview with the hiring manager. Both checked my technical and commercial background. Lots of questions about the market, sales strategies and team management.
    After one week I was invited to fly to NC for an 1:1 interview with several people at their plant. I was surprised with their lack of process and slowness to solve a simple problem (I had to pay for the hotel and taxis and after 15 days they still didn't send my refund, I'm still waiting).
    The commercial team was great and they were always willing to make me comfortable, but it seems as if the HR is stuck in time, they don't know anything about retention strategies, the power of social media for companies or how to captivate a candidate. I was considering working for them, but after these problems I decided to accept an other offer.
    I don't see a bright future for this company, they need to change some pieces now otherwise only candidates with no choice will accept work for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience managing sales for a region.   Answer Question

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I initially did a phone interview and then received an email that they were interested in having me come in for a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and two other people.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle if travel plans of the vice-president would go awry?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTS Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

Professional and engaging conversation that really produced an interest in their products and process. Really impressed with the education and professionalism of the team. I would recommend anyone to look for opportunities with this company.

Systems Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Pre-interview with recruiter, very relaxed, mainly checking my experience and qualifications. Then main, Pre-interview with recruiter, very relaxed, mainly checking my experience and qualifications. Then main, Pre-interview with recruiter, very relaxed, mainly checking my experience and qualifications. Then main

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you solved a problem at work.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTS Systems (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

A thirty minute behavioral pre-recorded interview. Nothing too unusual. None of the technical stuff. Thought it went ok. But never got back from them. Not even a phone screen or email back.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter and then a Skype interview with the department heads before receiving a call with an offer. The process was very smooth and I got a response quicker than I had expected.

Talent Acquisition Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was very scrambled. Unprepared. The HR woman kept looking at her iPhone and I'm very sure it was facebook. There were long pauses in between questions so the interviewer could check her email on her phone. All in all she was just trying to kill time until the next interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MTS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a take it or leave it sort of deal. They said that right up front and killed any expectation of negotiation.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems.

Interview

Use internal contractors to contact and do initial screening of candidates. Then it moves directly to the hiring manager to will typically do a phone screen. Once your past the phone screen will be brought internal for interviews with Engineering, Marketing, Sales and management executive. They will each focus on a specific skills, knowledge or behaviors.

They typically like to bring in about 3-5 candidates for a role before a decision is made on any of the people. Some roles will fill in about 1-2 months from start to finish while others have stretched out to more like 3 months before a final hiring decision is made.

Interview Questions

• With what you know about our company, could you please walk me through how you would do a SWOT assessment of MTS.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Will not negotiate Paid Time Off. Even if you are a seasoned professional you start with the same amount as a new never been hired college grad.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTS Systems (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

Several interviews took place with different individuals. One person was the HR worker. The others were a couple of managers and an engineer from different areas of engineering. There was also a tour of the factory to see how some things were made in the machine shop and how the machines that the company made were assembled and tested.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MTS Systems.

Interview

Met company reps at a university career fair and discussed design work, work experience, etc with two people. The first rep was a weeder and the second was a bit more thorough, the second rep invited me in for a one on one interview. The interview was consisted of mainly designing a simple test rig. Had to define the forces/moments that were to be considered and design a way to recreate the environment in the lab for testing. The interview ended with the interviewer writing down his personal phone/email and explaining that there were no positions open for two weeks (due to an HR error) and I would have to complete their online application at that time. Due to this error I did not pursue this company.

Interview Questions

• What frequency range would you estimate a major bending mode of the test rig to be and how would you deal with it.   Answer Question