MZ Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Game Engineer Interview

Interview

Very professional Recruiter, made me feel comfortable and warm. I spoke to the gentleman for a short call before I was sent an online test. To be fair, the online tests were of appropriate difficulty for my role. Standard algorithm questions. Anyone practicing algorithms for a decent amount of time could crack it. Clearly, I wasn't proficient enough yet in C++ (coming from developing in Unity3D, with a bunch of school experience in C++). I've already started practicing C++ and algorithms again. I will definitely apply once again in the future when ready :). Thanks for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• I don't want to reveal, hint : Arrays, graphs, recursions/sets   Answer Question

Community Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MZ in January 2015.

Interview

Email from recruiter after applying and messaging via LinkedIn. 1st phone screening was very basic questions and figuring out my background in the industry. Went over the position more in-depth and explained the role to make sure I was aware of the responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • Name a difficult task that you had to accomplish in past positions   Answer Question

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MZ (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewers asked rapid fire questions without ever sharing what they were getting at. Oddly at the close of the interview the recruiter said she would get back to me, but is was just silence. I got the sense that they view employees as assets to make money but not as individuals.

Interview Questions

• How would you buy media for this project? (a game I couldn't recall) They didn't give any details about whether I was even on the right track.   Answer Question

Associate Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MZ (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

3 interviews over the course of five weeks. 1st was a phone interview with Studio AD. Was flown down 2 times (2 weeks in between them) for 4 - 6 hour interviews with multiple people. 2nd in person interview required a test and a show and tell of that test with a group of 10 leads/supervisors/seniors.

Interview Questions

• Met with art teams, game design teams, game engine teams and management. Lots of different questions but surprisingly very few about process, structure or tools needed for an art team to be successful. VERY telling.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They give me a feedback very quickly after I submit the online application. The interview is quite normal basic question on java and algorithm. Just make sure you are prepared for very basic knowledge. A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MZ (Dayton, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, asked some behavior questions and technical questions. After the interview, there is an online test. Only one programming question. When I passed the online test, the next round is to talk with a director. Some technical questions were asked. Finally, I get an onsite interview. Most questions are coding questions, not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MZ (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Resume got to a recruiter there via a personal contact. Recruiter emailed me and scheduled a time for a phone screening. Asked basic algorithm questions and also many questions about threading. I let the recruiter know I had little experience with threading. He said their candidates need to be familiar with it. He thanked me and said he would pass my resume on to other teams there to see if I might be a good fit for them and would follow up with me in a couple days. Never followed up.

Interview Questions

• What's the best case time complexity for a hash table insertion?   2 Answers
    • What's the difference between a process and a thread?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MZ.

Interview

The process was awful. One recruiter from this company contacted me on linkedin. Initial call for 15 mins. Send him the resume. Then setup the time for phone interview. I was shocked that the same recruiter with no technical software engineering background asked me technical C++ questions. Later in the following week he sent me another written coding test. I sent him the completed written test the same day. However after that I did not hear from him within a month. After one month he said that they did not find a match. I did not understand how can a non technical person interview technical persons and make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Basic C++ interview questions that are available on any website.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MZ (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had lunch with some people from the team I might join and they helped give more context about what the company is about. Then jumped into several rounds of technical interviews and a few more related to my background and experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MZ in July 2015.

Interview

Was contact by a recruiter via LinkedIn for "someone with Unity/C# experience" (I'm a game designer, but have been working with Unity/C# for over a year). Took a programming test which centered almost exclusively on C++. Follow-up phone interview where I was finally informed that they were looking for a C++ Software Engineer who was also familiar with Unity/C#. Interviewers were polite, but it was largely a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What type of data structure would you use if you needed to continually add a randomized number to an existing list of sorted randomized numbers? Why?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MZ.

Interview

Contacted by their company recruiter, had to pass an online programming test that took a few hours, then got invited to an onsite interview. During the onsite was interviewed by 6 panels of 1-2 people each, with 3 of them doing whiteboarding coding problems. The problems were of moderate difficulty, but I was not impressed by the quality of questions they asked, they tended to be typical "gotcha" questions whose purpose were just to weed out people rather than really evaluate someone's engineering skills.. They also didn't seem that interested in my previous experience and focused mainly on my performance the whiteboarding.

Interview Questions

• Maximum subsequence problem (Kadane's Algorithm)   1 Answer