KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

MZ Reviews

Updated May 25, 2022

Found 305 of over 310 reviews

3.2
MZ CEO Adam Foroughi (no image)
Adam Foroughi

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great and you can expect as much as the bigger companies in the valley.(in 34 reviews)
  • "smart people working hard.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Free food and snacks but that's about it.(in 22 reviews)
  • "The company rewards great contributions with great pay(in 20 reviews)
  • "Great culture (on my team at least)(in 14 reviews)
Cons
  • "Due to all of this there was just a lot of bad management and results that were accepted.(in 21 reviews)
  • "No work/life balance(in 19 reviews)
  • "Between politics and careless middle and upper management you can expect your career to take a hit.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Long hours are based on lack of leadership You will be shunned if you don't eat lunch with your team everyday.(in 9 reviews)
  • "The clueless and childish managers following the CEO are what one expect from a place like this.(in 8 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Missed the old Time

May 19, 2022 - Analyst in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team. Great meal. Great Staff

Cons

expectation of work overtime. Tired

2. 5.0

Awesome

Apr 4, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great everything no complaints at all

Cons

nothing to gripe about great place

3. 1.0

Good benefits, terrible managment

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Perks and Benefits as well as cool people

Cons

Terrible management, Nepotism, People who dont know how to do thier jobs

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

They work you like a Dog

Apr 4, 2022 - Head of Live Operations in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good Perks - Made some good friends

Cons

- Horrible hours - No work/life balance - Low pay - No career advancement - Once they know you're exploring opportunities at another company, they will fire you.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Challenge Accepted!

May 24, 2017 - Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

MZ time is an unique concept. We move a lightning speed and the projects we take on are enormous. We have big goals: "reach for the stars" aspirations, and we are determined to will them into reality NOW. That kind of vision requires dedication and determination as well as some patience. MZ is the most challenging environment I've ever worked within, it's also the most rewarding. I've grown so much in the last year and a half that I am not only a better employee and manager, but a better person, as well. The amazing feeling of looking back at a year's progress to marvel over visions realized is well worth every OT hour and every frustrating moment it took to do it.

Cons

There's always something that could make things faster, better, easier, cleaner, or less work, but I believe I learned more from the mistakes I've made, from the challenges I overcame and from the roadblocks I smashed than I would have if they weren't present at all. Every company has it's challenges. We work through them and learn from them.

126 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Not so good

Feb 22, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Location. Cafeteria. Parties were great.

Cons

Everything. The management was awful.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

salaries

Dec 29, 2021 - Senior Technical Recruiter in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

full time position onsite only

Cons

work hrs controlled to specific hrs

8. 5.0

Great company

Jul 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are great to their employees

Cons

Sometimes you may be the last to know about change

9. 4.0

Intense and Rewarding, but Needs More Checks and Balances

Jan 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing, hardworking people on every level. Benefits that can't be beat. Great food. Comfortable environment. Good support. HR is quick to respond to issues. Loyalty is valued among lower level leadership and rewards are piled on you for good performance. Workflows are clearly documented and undaunting to step into.

Cons

Anyone who IS terrible (like some people I was forced to work with and under) had no checks for their behavior. It's almost like MZ just didn't plan to hire bad people, so there are no plans in place to address them unless they actually break a harassment policy. I was outright bullied by my team and my manager's advice was to QUIT and accept that I was replaceable, even though I was a dedicated and passionate employee who had been receiving constant praise for my contributions up til that point. And there was no one above my manager to bring an issue to without immediately branding myself as a weak link or tattletale.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful
  10. 2.0

Great people

Jul 2, 2021 - Production Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

some really smart people hyper-engaged teams lots to learn

Cons

bullying culture from snr snr management crazy hours

Viewing 1 - 10 of 305 Reviews
</>Embed

MZ Reviews FAQs

MZ has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 310 reviews left anonymously by employees. 43% of employees would recommend working at MZ to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, MZ employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at MZ. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

43% of MZ employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated MZ 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at MZ to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, culture.

Popular Careers with MZ Job Seekers