Macmillan Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Macmillan Education Interview Questions

Interviews at Macmillan Education

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macmillan Education (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

quick with brief demo of product, nothing much to it, just basic questions, if they like you they hire you and lay you off months later.. not a very strict process, I think anyone can get this job if they want to hire you.. you will only not get the job if you don't wanna work for poor money.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macmillan Education (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter in New York, and then a phone interview with two managers out of the Austin office. I then had to learn about the product and present a mock demonstration to two managers, and that was immediately followed by a panel interview. I was hired on the spot, but they were unsure which company I would work for, and I was not told which company in the portfolio I was to work for until my official offer was presented a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving current employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macmillan Education (Austin, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

There was the initial phone screen in which they asked basic question and gave a detail about the position. Then face to face with two managers in which you had to sell Sapling Learning to and how you would do it. So you had to research the product and get a good understanding of the product

Executive Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Macmillan Education (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviewer arrived on time. Scheduled list of questions were asked. Right to the point. Gracious person in full control. Response as to success of the interview was provided in a timely manner

No comment

Commissioning Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macmillan Education (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Recommended to apply by a colleague. Already known to the panel, I managed to skip the first interview, meaning I only went through the second interview and required presentation. The process was extremely swift: after the application deadline, I was called for an interview within 1 week, and was told I had been successful immediately after the interview itself.

Interview Questions

• How I was suitable for the position.   1 Answer

Marketing Executive Interview

Interview

First, a face-to-face interview with their marketing manager, then I needed to complete a marketing related task. Afterwards, there were another two separate face-to-face interviews with the same marketing manager and the Head of HR. Unfortunately, I was not selected to the final video interview with another marketing manager.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macmillan Education (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about one month and a half. They were extremely unprofessional at all stages.

They failed consistenly in doing things at the deadlines they had created. For instance, if they said 'we will contact you on Friday', which was the most common one, they actually call me by the end of the following week - if I were lucky. Most of the time, they didn't even answer me, and I had to contact them once and again.

It was a complete waste of time and energy. I went to about six interviews in total in two years, for two different roles, but with the same interviewers. The first time they didn't even answer me after three interviews, and I had to send them several emails to have an answer.
    The second time was even worse. I've been waiting for one month and a half for an answer.

The whole extremely-long process made me regret of having choosing this company. I will never work for them. All the questions in the interview were tricky and not too clever at the same time. My experience is more than negative.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macmillan Education.

Interview

I was invited for an interview four days after applying via linkedin,following the interview two days later I received an invitation to a second interview. I received an offer by phone the same day. In general the process was well organised and professionally done

Interview Questions

• The standard killer question - where do you see yourself in 5 years time?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macmillan Education (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Two Interviews, one phone interview (more technical) and another one face to face with the area manager and lead developer. Was a friendly a nice process. They explain the company and area goal, I share my professional experiences and objectives.

ELT Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bormujos (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macmillan Education (Bormujos (Spain)) in March 2016.

Interview

Contact was always very quick and efficient. Kept me regularly updated of the status of my application. Interview was conducted on Skype but this did not affect the process in any way. Interviewers were helpful and enthusiastic - questions fair and varied, focusing on my strengths and potential weaknesses as regards the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you find travelling around UK after working in Spain?   Answer Question