Madewell Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Madewell

2.0
HardAverageEasy
Found 262 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Madewell (United States)

Interview

Very casual and nice; sat at the back of the store and talked about basic interview stuff, like style and why I want to work there. The demand for store associates at this specific store was high, so the interview was fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why do you think you'd be a good fit for Madewell?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell (United States)

Interview

The interview was on a couch at the back of the store. I had to go to two interviews for this job, so be prepared for the hiring process to take a while. For my first interview, I was with another candidate and we each had to take turns answer the questions. The second interview was a few weeks later, and it was a one-on-one interview. The first interview had more of a focus on what we knew about the company and fashion in general, but there were a few questions about ourselves. The second interview was more questions about my work experience and why I thought I would be a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions
  • Who do you think our competitors are?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Madewell (United States)

Interview

Manager was very nice and made me feel comfortable. Asked about past customer experience and questions about myself. Bonus question asked to create an outfit for a specific scenario! Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Madewell (United States)

Interview

Applied at one location, got referred to another. Interview process took about 1-2 weeks. I scheduled an in person interview, and they got back to me 4-5 days after. I accepted the job offer via phone.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell (United States)

Interview

I was invited into the store for an in-person interview. The manager did not mention ahead of time that it would be a group interview, with another candidate being interviewed with me. I would've appreciated knowing this up front, and it did not leave me wanting to work for them.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Application

Interview

I applied online and the whole process took about 2 weeks. They contacted me a few days after I submitted my application for an interview with the store director. The interview was very casual. I was mostly asked questions about my experience and availability, nothing about my personal style. I think the main the reason it didn't go very well was probably because I was feeling a little under the weather and that affected my interview performance.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Application

Interview

It was really easygoing and the store director was super nice and personable. I felt very comfortable and at ease as I went through the interview. It was surprising quick or at least felt like it went by fast.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (United States) in Mar 2020

Interview

They took 2 weeks to call for new location opening. We had to have the interview in a coffee shop and the interviewer was nice but wanted me to ask them questions instead of the other way around. It was uncomfortable considering I'm used to being ask questions and at the end of the interview asking a couple of question. This was a unusual interview.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (Boston, MA)

Interview

In-person group interview. Very casual atmosphere and the manager was very nice and welcoming. I got a call a few weeks later about being hired. Onboarding consisted of reading rules and regulations and being showing around the store.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (United States)

Interview

I applied online. The application was pretty simple and standard. I then received a call a week or two later to set up a 1:1 interview at the store location.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe the clothing at Madewell to someone who has never seen the clothing?
  • Give me an example of when you have experienced exceptional customer service?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 262