Madewell Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 361 of over 361 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.0
HardAverageEasy

Madewell

Application

I interviewed at Madewell

Interview

Quick easy with one of the Assistant Managers, asked about prior retail work experience, team work experience, and interpersonal and organizational skills. Also asked about styling experience. Took about 20-30 minutes, offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • What are your favorite brands? Describe great customer service.
    Answer Question

Madewell

Application

I interviewed at Madewell

Interview

Simple questions and great conversation. Casual setting interviewed outside storefront. We went over my resume and talked about each position in detail to relate other job experiences to the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell (New York, NY) in Apr 2022

Interview

Applied online twice and heard back only 3-4 weeks later. Not sure what took them so long.... Had a phone interview with the recruiter that lasted around 15 minutes. Pretty straight forward questions like talk about your work history, why do you want to work here, why this category, salary requirements. Didn't hear back anything. I did send a follow up email and didn't hear anything back either. Wish the recruiter could have just emailed me back saying they decided to move on with someone else. Totally ok with me, but silence in my opinion is rude and turns me off from applying ever again. Also, not sure who they're looking for? I had the title they were looking for, I like what I do and my resume included places very similar to Madewell/JCrew so pretty sure I was more than qualified for the job. Are they looking for someone to come in from Chanel, lol? Just be open and communicate with your potential employees. Hiring ghosting doesn't fly anymore. And guess what two months later the position is still open...

Interview Questions
  • Talk about your work history? Why do you like designing in this particular category? What are your salary requirements?

Madewell

Application

I interviewed at Madewell

Interview

I submitted an online application and then was called to come to the store for a 30 minute interview. Definitely wear your most stylish outfit! We chatted for about 30 minutes on my past experience, why I was interested in Madewell, and some customer service fundamentals. Good experience and I got a call back pretty quickly after—maybe a couple of days.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Madewell?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell (San Diego, CA)

Interview

Pretty simple, was asked to do a Zoom interview by the store manager after applying. I wasn't told it was a group interview, but they interviewed me and one other person on the call. Basic "tell me about a time when..." questions, mostly gaging your retail experience and how you handle retail situations. Some questions about style, where you shop, what you think the average Madewell customer is like.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Madewell

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Madewell in Mar 2022

Interview

I got an email from one of the recruiters asking for a phone interview. Day of interview she had to cancel due to a meeting but emailed me a few minutes before or after our initial phone interview. Standard phone interview, reached out a week later she said team is still in the process of making a decision. I felt the interview went really well and she seemed to like my answers to her questions. Followed up again as it's been about a month since I heard something but still nothing, assuming I got ghosted unfortunately. This previously happened to me when I interviewed for a role with J. Crew

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Madewell

Application

I interviewed at Madewell

Interview

Easy and straight forward! The interview was fifteen minutes long and she asked me about my experience and and what skillsets would be beneficial to the job. All of my questions were answered and the environment was very friendly!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Madewell (New York, NY)

Interview

Called and talked in the phone. haven’t heard back for almost 3 weeks.i have reached out twice and she has not responded despite the fact that she said i could email her with any questions. very frustrating

Interview Questions
  • What are we doing well and what could we improve,

Madewell

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell

Interview

The questions were clear and concise, making the interview run smoothly. They were clear with the intentions of the positions and followed up quickly soon after. It was one zoom interview and the rest of the conversations took place over the phone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Madewell

Application

I interviewed at Madewell

Interview

Casual and easy, they offered me the job right after interview. We met outside the store in the food court area and the manager was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. It lasted around 15 minutes

Interview Questions
  • What other retailers do you enjoy shopping at?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 361 Interviews

Madewell Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Madewell as 77.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.01 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales Support and Seasonal Sales Associate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Retail Sales Associate and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Madewell takes an average of 14 days when considering 451 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Seasonal Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Sales Support roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 17 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Madewell according to 451 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 42.68%