Madewell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Madewell Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2018

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Madewell (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I wad brought around in to this tiny room, briefly interviews for 5 minutes and than the experienced ended unprofessionally in the light of professionalism. She didn't even shake my hand... I had to turn around and shake her hand and it was like she was stunned. Very odd.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer
    • Where do I shop?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have that you can offer?   1 Answer
    • What are you looking for with the company?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

Call with HR recruiter, in-person interview with Store Director and phone interview with District Manager. The interviews were very straight forward and personable. Everyone I spoke with had a very positive vibe and made me feel comfortable and in the know during the process.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

You apply online and come in for a group interview. There are about 4 other people and the manager goes through a series of questions on your personal style and your goals and ability to work in groups. Very easy and straightforward. You hear back from the company within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

My interview process was generally easy, as my interviewer was super kind. I received a call back within a week and a half with the offer for the position. The overall process took about a month, and they were very prompt in their communication.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

Easy, brief interview process outside the store with the hiring manager. I made sure to dress the part of a Madewell associate - statement earrings, jeans and a neutral knit sweater with heeled booties.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Madewell?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Came in and dropped off resume, got a call back about a month later when they were hiring. One interview in-person at store location one on one with HR Manager of store, offered job within a week.

Interview Questions

• What draws you to the Madewell brand?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

Ultitimately there was many flaws within the recruiters poor level of communication from both ends. I would follow up and got nothing back for days. They also had me do a design challenge AFTER the interview which personally I think it's better to do the design test first and then interview because then it gives them a better sense of what you can do for them. Trying to redeem yourself with a decision challenge doesn't work when they've already made up their mind about you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

Friendly and good crew to work with. Entered during a group interview. The manager was very friendly and all the employees in the store were welcoming. Store is often busy so we had to conduct the interview in a fitting room.

Visual Display Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Madewell (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website and received an email asking me to come in for an interview a few days later. The interview was very casual, the interviewer was very pleasant and easy to talk to. They asked me if I had any questions and what my salary requirements were. They told me they would have their hiring manager for the department contact me for a second interview. The interviewer spoke to me like a friend, very laid back and stressed that this was a good working environment. Basically gave an overview of the job details and said that passion for their product was key. Waiting to hear back and find out more details of the job. Asked me if I had any questions about the position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, interviewed in the store, the interview was very laid-back and casual, made me feel very comfortable. It was super relaxed and we had a normal conversation but there were some issues with my availability so I did not get the job.