Madewell Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Madewell Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2018

2.0

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

Easy, brief interview process outside the store with the hiring manager. I made sure to dress the part of a Madewell associate - statement earrings, jeans and a neutral knit sweater with heeled booties.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Madewell?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Came in and dropped off resume, got a call back about a month later when they were hiring. One interview in-person at store location one on one with HR Manager of store, offered job within a week.

Interview Questions

• What draws you to the Madewell brand?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (Long Island City, NY).

Interview

Ultitimately there was many flaws within the recruiters poor level of communication from both ends. I would follow up and got nothing back for days. They also had me do a design challenge AFTER the interview which personally I think it's better to do the design test first and then interview because then it gives them a better sense of what you can do for them. Trying to redeem yourself with a decision challenge doesn't work when they've already made up their mind about you.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

Friendly and good crew to work with. Entered during a group interview. The manager was very friendly and all the employees in the store were welcoming. Store is often busy so we had to conduct the interview in a fitting room.

Visual Display Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Madewell (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website and received an email asking me to come in for an interview a few days later. The interview was very casual, the interviewer was very pleasant and easy to talk to. They asked me if I had any questions and what my salary requirements were. They told me they would have their hiring manager for the department contact me for a second interview. The interviewer spoke to me like a friend, very laid back and stressed that this was a good working environment. Basically gave an overview of the job details and said that passion for their product was key. Waiting to hear back and find out more details of the job. Asked me if I had any questions about the position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online, interviewed in the store, the interview was very laid-back and casual, made me feel very comfortable. It was super relaxed and we had a normal conversation but there were some issues with my availability so I did not get the job.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madewell.

Interview

I applied through their website, which was a typical on-line application. Once submitted you receive an e-mail stating if they're interested they will follow up. About 2-3 days later I received a follow up e-mail, with an interview set up the following week in store (whichever you were applying for). The interview was pretty straight forward as they go for a management role It lasted about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, filled work related questions, and getting to know each other as a leader and individual. Where Madewell dropped the ball, they never followed up. As someone who knows the proper procedures, I sent a follow up thank you e-mail. A week later, another follow up e-mail. 2 weeks from the interview date, one last follow up e-mail. It's one thing to not get the job, which I and many other people can handle rejection, but it's the common courtesy of sending out a simple e-mailing and letting that person know. It's flat out rude, and speaks highly of that manager and the company. Unfortunate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Interview

I really liked the process; felt personable, and no unfair questions were asked. I got a good understanding of requirements and the environment and I would highly suggest any interested person to apply!

Interview Questions

• Have you had any sales experience?   1 Answer

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Great interview.
    Very nice team and office. It was really nice to get to meet the team and share ideas.
    Very relaxed and great atomosphere just a bit far (LIC)
    Met with HR first and then with the design team. We discussed fashion as well as other ideas which was very refreshing and friendly to do.

Interview Questions

• About current position
      What is my design style/favorites

It was more of a conversation versus a Q&A   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madewell (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Online Application and Group Interview with 2 others. Easy questions that the answers come pretty naturally. Go in confident and you'll be fine!! Everyone is so nice. Not very competitive.

Interview Questions

• If you were at a party that you only knew one person, how would you make yourself comfortable and meet new people?   1 Answer