Mambu Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mambu (Miami, FL) in October 2018.

Interview

The overall interview process was great! Despite the different time zones, I was able to connect with the Hiring Manager and have a great conversation. Not only did we discuss my background and the core values to makeup Mambu, he was able to give me a crystal clear image of what truly defines a "Mambuvian".

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mambu (Iaşi (Romania)) in April 2018.

Interview

I really appreciated their discretion in the interview process and the professionalism of the recruiting and management team. The duration of the recruiting process was not long. They came back with an answer at the end of it.

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mambu (Iaşi (Romania)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on LinkedIn for a job opportunity and I accepted the invitation. Three interviews followed (HR, technical and negotiation) in the following month after accepting the invitation.

The HR interview was based on understanding what kind of colleague I would be for the current teams and what kind of company would Mambu be for me.

The technical interview consisted in a general test of technical knowledge about the OOP principles and Design Patterns, but also backstage implementation of popular collections.

The negotiation interview was the final step in which I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between LinkedList and ArrayList?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mambu (Iaşi (Romania)) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was divided in 3 stages: talk with HR where I got all the information about the company, the technical interview with 2 interviewers and one observer and the last interview where I got more information about the teams where I could be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about data structures like map and parameterised types.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Iaşi (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mambu (Iaşi (Romania)) in May 2018.

Interview

There are 2 main interviews:
    - The HR interview which lasts for about one hour and is 1 on 1.
    - The technical interview which lasts for 2 - 3 hours and where you typically have 2 interviewers.

If you are accepted, you then have another (friendly) meeting with the Head of Engineering which last for around one hour. It's during this meeting that you get the offer.

Interview Questions

• An algorithm question that could be solved by using the trie data structure.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mambu (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

1 Interview with HR, 1 Interview with Direct team. Very positive experience, interviewers were concentrated on items related to the role. Was able to show a lot of my own examples and work as well. Not just answer interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Motivation on role, working style, values, salary requirements, technical questions related to role. Testing knowledge of Java, JavaScript, SQL, etc..   Answer Question

Senior Applications Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mambu (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2016.

Interview

There were few stages I went through:
    1. Phone screening - 'ice breaking' brief conversation with one of Mambu's founder on my motivation & expectations, ca. 15-20min.
    2. Interview in Berlin with hiring manager, HR, and company's founder - this is a core meeting that is can be very technical.
    3. Immersion day - I was asked to spend a full day with the team to get the flavour of how work in Fintech firm looks and what is the culture of the company (incl. various meetings attendance). Very helpful experience, especially if you come from a bit different place (i.e. corporate world)
    4. References.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions that should be supported with real life examples.
      Technical - customised to the needs and requirements of particular department.   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mambu (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

3 stages: 1st stage with HR, 2nd stage with development team, 3rd stage code review. HR interview based on motivation, experience, behaviour. 2nd stage technical questions on topics relevant to the job. 3rd stage review of prior projects where I show experience on implementing the tools or concepts relevant for the job.
    Mambu has a commonsense non-assuming culture, no egos, no drama queens or any non-sense like that. You will get ask questions that only relevant to the job, you won't get ask questions that might be technically fancy but not relevant for the job. Overall, it was the most positive interview experience that I had for a developer role. All the interviewers showed not only technical knowledge but also emotional intelligence.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on Java, SQL, FrontEnd technologies, etc...   Answer Question
    • Key emphasis on bringing people with the right values, not only technical side   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mambu (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

My interview process began with a phone screening with the head of culture/people, followed by a few rounds of remote and in-person interviews with the CEO, head of sales and HR. Overall, the questions were fair and did a good job of determining not only if I was a good fit for Mambu, but also whether or not Mambu was a good fit for me. Feedback was provided promptly and I felt well respected during our negotiations.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Mambu (Berlin (Germany)) in August 2016.

Interview

An intro call followed by an hour long interview and then a roleplay. All were done over Skype. Interviewers communicated well before and after the interview and were very professional.

Interview Questions

• Why did I leave my previous job?
      Why the change of industry?
      What would I do if I disagreed with something my manager asked of me?   Answer Question