Man Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

3.2

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

A PM called me, and the whole interview lasted about 30 minutes. First asked why I apply to their company, then a couple of questions on my resume then the APAM model. At last, let me asked two questions and he took about 10 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume, asked about CPAM model, bond math, GARCH model.   Answer Question

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Man Group in July 2015.

Interview

I was initially given a .net service to be implemented. I did so and sent back. my existing work pressure was high so I requested for more time. They understood the situation and gave me more time. (thankful for that)

Interview Questions

• this was a test regarding an implementation of a service   1 Answer

Graduate Programmer Interview

Interview

Two rounds. First one is easy on the phone. Second is a superday with eight interviews of 15 mins, numerical and verbal shl tests, and a 1h group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Everything was asked. Be prepared it is a very comprehensive and stressful process.   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the supervisor for the position via email and a phone interview was scheduled for the following day. The role was to replace an outgoing employee and the supervisor was eager to find a replacement. The phone interview was fairly brief and primarily a screening to see if the candidate meets basic requirements.

The first in-person set of interviews was scheduled for the following day. It consisted of 4 interviews each with a person related to the role. Most questions were basic and related to relevant experience. Most employees conducting interviews were not management but peers to the position.

The second set of in-person interviews, the following week, again consisted of 4 rounds of in-person or teleconference interviews. Most interviewers were management level. The first round consisted of financial/technical financial terms, theories and definitions. It also involved puzzle type IQ questions. The second round consisted of questions related to product knowledge. The third was with a senior sales professional and the final with an HR representative.

A few days later references were requested and following that an offer letter was mailed (along with all other forms/documentation).

Interview Questions

• A scenario was given in which a person is presented with 9 balls and a two-arm scale. The person is told that all balls are the same weight with the exception of one. What is the smallest number of iterations that person needs to be certain of identifying the heavier ball?   1 Answer
    • Definitions of Sharpe Ratio, and Sortion Ratio.   Answer Question

Developer Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2008.

Interview

Had to present myself to people in Switzerland via Video conference

Interview Questions

• Multiple technology and domain knowledge experience of financial industry   1 Answer
    • Remote Phone questions over Video conferences   1 Answer

Software Engineer Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview consisted in a programming assignment, with one question covering basic algorithms and the other covering some SQL. What matters the most is the quality of the code, which needs to be production-grade (including the tests).

After the review of the homework, I was invited for a telephone interview where I was asked about the homework, and how can I improve what I've done (time / space complexity, number of lines of code etc). Then we discussed about some more programming concepts like algorithms and data structures, and several Python-specific questions.

After two days, I was invited to their London Office for an in-person interview session.
    There, I had three more interviews. If you are from London, they usually do them separately.

The first was a technical interview with two engineers, and I was asked more in-depth questions regarding complexity and data structures. I was also asked about the internals of the Python interpreter and some Linux commands. Even if I got a little stuck on some questions, the interviewers were not bothered and helped me arrive to the correct solution.

Then, there was a programming interview, where I was given a problem and had to design and test a working solution. They were expecting the same production-grade code, along with comments, unit tests and everything. The interviewers were very helpful and they explained the task precisely, clarifying any question I had.

The last interview was with the Manager that supervises the internship program, and we discussed about my interests in the company, why would I like to work there and we had a pleasant chat about technology. He's a very cool guy.

Overall it was a very well organised process.

Interview Questions

• Implement a weighted probability choice function in Python (like numpy.choice())   Answer Question

Data Analyst - PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds with a brief pre-round discussion with HR on motivation and experience. The first round is an interview with a senior project manager where they will discuss the role and walk through your CV. The second round consisted of two parts, where the first part of the interview was with the Head of Financial Technology and the second part with the Junior Project Manager that you would be directly working with. The first part was case type interview on how you would prepare a yearly budget and prioritise across different projects. The second part was a competency type interview. The third and final round of the interview is with the CTO.

Interview Questions

• Why Man Group?
      What do you know about Man Group?
      Give an example from your experience where you needed to solve a problem with data?
      What are the main cost drivers to consider for a technology project budget?
      What could impact the outcome of the budget?
      What external factors could impact the outcome of a budget? (i.e FX changes)
      How would you prioritise the budget across several projects?
      How would you gather information from all the project managers?
      How would you communicate with the project managers?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Man Group.

Interview

Eight back to back interviews with firm seniors in different forms followed by group exercise in the afternoon and a presentation with your group members. People are friendly there. The lunch was great.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The first round was a one hour phone interview. This discussed the CV, role and asked a number of technical and business related questions and gave the opportunity to ask questions. The second round interview was a two hour onsite consisting of a 45 minute coding exercise with a 30 minute review and a code review of some bad code.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Man Group (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview then asked for a face to, talked about where I want to be in future and what I can bring to the team and the future. Then asked some SQL questions and C# types questions from some code. Then if have done will meet