Management Systems International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Management Systems International Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Management Systems International.

Interview

MSI moved very quickly. Process was said and done in a week. Had a phone screen and in person interview a few days later. They checked references after the HR screening. I competed a writing test which took more time than anticipated. Very professional. Good experience even though I did not get an offer.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Management Systems International in October 2016.

Interview

Very basic interview two Senior project Manager over skype. They seemed quite disinterested from the start, but were friendly enough. Afterwards, I had 10-15 minutes to ask questions. The experience was average, but the only thing I did not appreciate was getting a rejection months later. A prompt rejection, or no communication, would have been preferred.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The process was informal, a phone interview with the Technical Director I would be working under and then an in-person interview with Sr. Management. Directly after the in-person interview, they made an offer, so the in-person interview was really to make sure that I was legitimate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Management Systems International (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process took three months from application to on-boarding.

Had a phone interview with a recruiter two weeks after I applied, who then brought me into the office two weeks later for an interview with my to-be supervisor (who was on the phone) and another manager. My to-be supervisor was on vacation and didn't return until two weeks later. After she came back there were a couple more weeks of waiting, and then I came in for a final interview. This final interview was just a chat with my to-be supervisor and there weren't any interview questions. I met briefly with the senior VP and got an offer shortly after. I think the process took so long because the hiring manager was out-of-town. Other than the long wait, it was a pleasant experience

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: tell me about yourself, strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time you solved a problem, tell me about your attention to detail, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Management Systems International (Arlington, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my materials online through their website and heard back with an interview request within a week. I met with HR the following week for an interview, and was within a week of the interview. HR was very responsive to my questions and quick to follow through. It was a very positive, streamlined hiring experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult transition into a workplace environment.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Management Systems International in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for a job on Friday, was called on Monday for an interview for a different job, as the one I applied for was no longer open. Had a half hour conversation, standard interview questions - my background, what I was looking for, etc. Got asked for an in person interview for the next day, and was offered the job on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

• What was my background, what was I looking for, what were my strengths and weaknesses, given scenario questions and asked how i would respond   Answer Question

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Management Systems International (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

First meet with recruiting team, pretty straight forward interview about experience and career goals. This was only an internship so it was more about what would I wanted to get out of the job and how we could be a good fit. Then I was interviewed by the project managers of the teams where I would work; young really nice people in my case.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Management Systems International (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quick and interview questions were very basic. After sending in application, took a few weeks to hear a response, but after the phone interview I was offered a position within a week and began work shortly thereafter.

Subject Matter Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Management Systems International (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

Disorganized, rushed, and a sense that it wasn't important. Because hiring has to happen very fast, the firm relies on previous consultants to do the job. This works, but sometimes the context is very different and would be better of with someone with the relevant location experience.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about the proposed opportunity, which actually showed how little the manager knew about the task to be completed.   1 Answer

Chief of Party Interview

Interview

Had initial interview in the field and several in home office. Home office interviews were with project manager and senior management.

Interview Questions

• Questions about subject matter which were quite detailed.   Answer Question