Mango Languages Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mango Languages

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mango Languages (Farmington Hills, MI) in Apr 2021

Interview

I had a virtual interview that took about 30 minutes. The atmosphere was very nice and relaxed. I was asked to introduce myself, say a few words in my native language, and do some hands-on translation exercises.

Interview Questions
  • Say a few words in your native language.
    Answer Question

Mango Languages

Application

I interviewed at Mango Languages

Interview

It has been really clear and precise. Everything was well prepared and I had time to ask my questions. The responses were really complete. I appreciate that it was interactive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,866

959 Comments

Join the conversation on

Mango Languages

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mango Languages

Interview

I was asked to complete two rounds of tests before the interview . The tests were time consuming but overall I had a good experience. Clear communications with the hiring team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mango Languages

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mango Languages

Interview

I sent a resume, a cover letter and had to answer online to questions and do a mock class. Then I had a Zoom interview. The interviewers were nice and attentive. Smooth and enjoyable process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mango Languages (Farmington Hills, MI)

Interview

I was called back after checking in on an application. About a week after the phone call we set up an interview. Though on resume it had said that I was still taking classes at college when the interviewer found out that I was still in college he seemed to have lost all interest in hiring me. He kept sighing heavily, looking at his watch, looking at his phone, he even had the audacity to leave his ringer on and almost answer it during my interview. The only interview in my life that I actually considered walking out on.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time that you've struggled and how you handled it.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I interviewed at Mango Languages (Farmington Hills, MI) in Mar 2017

Interview

Very short video interview with a cold attitude. Asking a lot of questions about content done in teaching and how able I would be to produce free content before classes. Ended up with sending an offer when only class time was paid but required to give/ copy / re-interpretate content from the internet. A 10 page one-sided contract was sent to me with clauses totally damageable for an independent individual especially as for exclusivity rights and copyrights infrigements. This is a scam directed to foreigners to get the company to then use their content and sell their content online. Everything was weird even payment terms ...Be very careful with this company for any potential hire...

Interview Questions
  • What content do you deliver to your students ? Do you do all your content yourself and before each class ?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mango Languages (Farmington Hills, MI) in Jan 2016

Interview

After submitting a cover letter online, I was contacted by a member of the HR department to schedule a brief phone screening. She was very friendly and nice and we had a 30 minute conversation in which she asked me about my background and reasons why I wanted to work for Mango. A few days later, she informed me that I had passed on to the second round of interviews with another member of the HR team. Since I was out of town, the interview was conducted via Skype and lasted for approximately one hour. The interviewer was very professional and in addition to asking questions, also informed me about the team that I would be working with and the corporate culture at Mango. She even addressed the many negative reviews of the company on Glassdoor and explained how she had been implementing programming to improve the corporate culture and give employees a forum to voice their views in a positive way. She informed me at the end that the process would be moving on with two more interviews and that she would be in touch for next steps. After not hearing back for several weeks, I reached out to the initial HR contact, who told me that the person that I had conducted the second interview with had recently left the company and that they were doing their best to re-organize and would contact me soon. Still no contact after that, so I got back in touch with the first interviewer and she let me know that she was ALSO leaving the company! She said that they were still interested in me as a candidate and put me in touch with another member of the HR team, but I heard nothing after that and recently saw that the position I applied for had been removed from the website. No offer in the end, which is probably for the best because based on all of the reviews it seems like this company is a sinking ship and people can't get out fast enough.

Interview Questions
8 people found this interview helpful

Mango Languages

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mango Languages

Interview

I interviewed around April of 2015. It was a pretty typical interview. However, the way the whole process was executed ensures the fact that this company has no clear vision. They invited all of the candidates to a "Sales Fiesta", where we could mingle and speed interview in a range of scenarios. THEY ARE STILL LOOKING FOR A CORPORATE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE. IT IS NOW 2016. Seriously, you'll have an event like this and not even feel prepared enough to get people hired? The interview questions were quite odd and very personality based.

Interview Questions
  • If you could be a fruit or a vegetable, which would you be?

Mango Languages

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mango Languages in Oct 2015

Interview

Applied online through the website. Was contacted via email to schedule a phone screening. Asked me to describe myself, why I was interested in Mango, and my language skills (none other than English). We then scheduled an in-person interview with the HR person and the head of the team I'd be working with. They asked about previous experience, some behavior questions and gave me time to ask my own questions. Was pretty relaxed, they seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. I was then contacted to schedule an interview with multiple members of the team. This was a 6-person group representing different functions picking apart my expertise and experience. Many behavioral questions and inquiries for specific things I had to offer. Pretty intense but friendly enough.

Interview Questions
  • (From the team leader) If you think I'm making the wrong decision how would you handle that?
3 people found this interview helpful

Mango Languages

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mango Languages in Apr 2015

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had my resume on file. The initial recruiter I had spoken to was very pleasant, and we had a phone interview which went fairly smoothly. She then transferred me to another recruiter, who told me I had been chosen to move to the next stage of interviews, and reached out to me to schedule an on-site interview. I responded within 24 hours and never heard back from the second recruiter. No rejection email whatsoever, despite my sending countless follow up emails. Frankly, I was shocked to experience behavior this unprofessional; I have never heard of a company simply dropping an interviewee without notice. Considering that past interview reviews on Glassdoor mirror my sentiment, it's clear that Mango needs to step up their communication standards with candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you hit a road block while working in a team, and how you resolved it.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews