Mango Languages Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2020

3.1
Mango Languages CEO          Jason Teshuba (no image)
Jason Teshuba
Pros
  • "Due to all of its advertised, recruiting techniques (Unlimited PTO, flexible work schedules, work from home, etc(in 6 reviews)

• "The work environment is very collaborative, and people build a foundation for actual relationships that will make them want to work hard for each other(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "They say that core values are taken seriously, but senior members of the company are not held accountable(in 9 reviews)

• "Just let them know that they are not 'showing a positive attitude and taking personal responsibility to create a healthy work environment(in 6 reviews)

"A Great Place to Grow in Your Career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined Mango Languages over two years ago. During this time, I made a career switch. Although a number of my skills were transferable the job was new to me, and it took some time to adjust. I had a very supportive leaders who were extremely encouraging throughout my transition process. One of the things I love about my job besides the people I work with is the opportunity to grow and create value in my position. I came to my boss numerous times with ideas of how to improve processes and was encouraged to try them, even if it failed, my boss believed it was worth a try and I saw immense success because I was given the permission to do this. I have continued to grow over the past two years working for this company. I use the innovative mind that I was created with yet was unable to fully tap into in my past career. I think outside of the box and work hard, and it is rewarded with encouragement and continual growth in my position. I have worked with the owners of the company and administrative team on numerous occasions and have enjoyed the interactions I have with them. They care deeply about the company, the people, and the product. They try to grow from their mistakes, they launch into new growth stages trying to move forward with wisdom. They listen to the advice of their employees when they share concerns and try to pick a few areas a year to really focus in on. Communication has been one of the areas that Mango has hit hard this year, trying to keep everyone in the loop of what is going on, what the goals for the company and each department are, and who we should go to when we need to work interdepartmentally. I have enjoyed watching the growth that has happened over the 2+ years that I have been here. I wouldn’t work for a company I didn’t believe in. I believe in the product and use it weekly to learn a second language. I care deeply for my coworkers and have good relationships with everyone at work. And I am very thankful for the leadership and encouragement of the leaders from the top down. I don’t know of many other companies that the owners are as present and involved, care about their company, know what is going on, and want to see the growth of their employees as I have seen here at Mango. I can’t speak for everyone, but for myself I have been extremely encouraged to grow as a professional here and have been rewarded for the hard work I put in each day. I enjoy working for a company like that.

Cons

This isn’t a con it is a continual reminder to continually be present and listen the concerns of your employees. If there is a common theme of something, dig into that. Why is that happening? What could be the causes for it?

Continue reading

"Best Company To Work For... Hands Down!"

Current Employee - Full Time Sales Associate

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I really enjoy working with such energetic and positive people in the company, and the overall environment at Mango Languages is great! I’ve been here for many years and have seen a lot of change within the company, most of which has been very positive. The company has had a laser-like focus on becoming a top player in the education market over the past few years and is very well positioned to smash all of the goals that were set at the beginning of the year! The work environment is very collaborative, and people build a foundation for actual relationships that will make them want to work hard for each other. The training is quality and employees are well-prepared for the workplace and can make valuable contributions to the company. Employees are heard and input is valued regardless of who it comes from. The four owners are all very intelligent and all of them bring different skill sets and talents to the table.

Cons

None that come to mind

Continue reading

"Best place I have ever worked. Great people, culture and values"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They care about their employees and recognize you for the hard work. They like to work hard and have fun. Leadership team is a talented team who consider employees their biggest assets. This company live up to their core values. The best thing about Mango is the culture and the people who you can learn a lot from.

Cons

If you don't have the professional maturity to know when to work and when to have fun the culture can be a bit of distraction.

"Best Job Ever"

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time

Pros

Mango is amazing! The company is full of talented individuals across all departments. The culture is results oriented and very positive. Rarely do you encounter unprofessionalism and rude people- they don't last. The company is growing nicely in these times, which says a lot. The work is meaningful and although it gets busy at times, it's rewarding. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

The company moves quick so sometimes there is a change of direction. It doesn't happen often, but if you're not used to change, then this could be a problem. The team is getting better at communication too.

Continue reading

"A great, collaborative place to work"

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Incredibly collaborative. -Challenging and ever-changing work environment (this is a pro for me) -Opportunity to make good money -EXCELLENT product and attention to detail -

Cons

-The direction from upper management has not always been clear (this is improving) -Some positions seem to be under compensated (not mine)

"Big Things Coming"

5.0

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Leadership Team is willing to listen to the Mango employees' and to take their ideas and input into consideration. There are a lot of changes happening and leadership is taking the right steps to embrace these changes especially by hiring new people and trying to expand.

Cons

The only thing I could say is that in order to put our name more out there, Mango will have to invest more money into social media and ads but other than that I genuinely think that they're trying to do the right thing and make the necessary changes.

"Great Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, ownership listens to employees, unlimited growth opportunity. A very exciting place to work!

Cons

That it took so long for me to start working here full time.

"Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

• You get to learn a language for free • Flexible (unlimited) PTO • People come from different cultures/language backgrounds • Mango is constantly evolving, so you get to be a part of that process • Collaborative spirit amongst team members • Great program - loved by a lot of clients • At the end of the day, you're working for an organization that helps people connect through language and culture and it's easy to get behind that purpose • Owners/leadership are approachable and you can chat about your ideas with them • Good work/life balance

Cons

• Not a lot of room for moving up the ladder, but things are always changing so new positions are popping up • Not necessarily a con, but if you're not good with change/not flexible, this is not the place for you. Although Mango is out of the start up phase, it still has a similar vibe at times. Being able to change, adapt, and pivot the product and into new markets is what makes Mango great, but can be frustrating for some people who are stuck in their ways. If you're looking to just get a list of things to do and coast, you won't be happy.

Continue reading

"Great company with a big emphasis on team work and culture!"

Current Employee - Sales Department

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time

Pros

With 2020 came a lot of change quickly, and I'm so impressed with how Mango continues to adapt - all while supporting their employees. Their customer service is prompt and top-notch in my opinion. I love the people, the fun relaxed environment, and the emphasis on continued teamwork and culture. The company core values are very important to management and it shows.

Cons

Depending on the day, there seems to be a lot of meetings for decision makers and sometimes hard to get a decision quickly because people are tied up.

"Great company to work for with lots of room to grow in your career and awesome benefits"

I have been working at Mango Languages full-time

Pros

Great company, friendly people, great benefits, awesome culture, Very flexible Unlimited PTO (paid time off), Health Insurance , 401k, Professional Development, good potential to grow in your career. I really enjoy working here and consider my job fun most of the time.

Cons

Don't have much to say in this area, haven't seen the company grow in terms of employees which i believe is a good sign the company is growing and doing well. I would like to see Mango grow in company size and brand awareness,

Found 56 reviews