KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Mango Languages Reviews

Updated Oct 13, 2021

Found 80 of over 82 reviews

4.3
Mango Languages CEO          Jason Teshuba (no image)
Jason Teshuba
Pros
  • "I am proud to contribute to such a great product and a worthy mission - to enrich lives with language and culture(in 9 reviews)

• "They offer all the things you'd expect - insurance, a generous 401K, and some that you wouldn't - free language tutoring and unlimited PTO(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Leadership only cares about core values, not team or individual performance(in 10 reviews)

• "I guess back to the adult comment, most likely to create lasting coworker relationships, and work environment is relaxed and light(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great coworkers, great company to work for!

Oct 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is an excellent workplace for the following reasons: Work plans for teams-The company follows a business structure taken from the book Traction. This is very helpful because every team has a list of yearly and quarterly goals, everybody has a clear idea of the expectations and at the end of the period, those goals are reconciled and discussed. This to me is key to success and if they keep that path, the company will organically grow to the point of becoming the industry leader. Healthy work environment-Employees at Mango are super nice and talented. The company follows a set of core values to promote accountability and a healthy work environment. Based on what I've observed, the company doesn't tolerate any bullying or toxic employees. Another small detail worth sharing is, the company welcomes different personality types, introverts or awkward personalities are generally not welcomed in corporate environments but Mango makes it a point to allow everybody to feel welcomed. Company wide meetings may include nerdy dad jokes, fur babies randomly showing up on camera, smiley babies and many other positive things. Owners and Officers-All owners and officers hold themselves to the same standard as the rest of the employees. They are involved with teams, work hard preparing presentations for meetings, share their goals and expectations. One small detail that means a lot to me is that even at early hours, they're always connected, working and making sure everybody has the information they need. In corporate America, it's very common for Officers and Owners to slack, be late or unavailable when you need them the most but that's not the case at Mango. Owners and Officers work as hard as the rest of us. That is encouraging to employees with high work ethic because leaders set the tone for employees to take personal responsibility. Inclusion-As a brown woman, it's great to work for a company that doesn't care about skin color, gender, thick accents or any other limiting beliefs. Mango hires people based on skills and core values and I think that's great. Coworkers willing to share their expertise-I love having coworkers that are so knowledgeable on different topics, such as language, project management, video editing, marketing and much more. Cool benefits: Unlimited PTO, work from home and pet insurance.

Cons

The health insurance plan I chose doesn't cover my medical treatment, but I don't fault the company, it's the current US health insurance market.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Room for Growth

Sep 2, 2021 - Executive Assistant in Farmington Hills, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very talented people most of whom are very enthusiastic and passionate about their work, furthering the company and make a difference in the world

Cons

It would be great to keep on expanding our teams and investing in putting the Mango name out there

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do not work here!

Aug 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Terrible company and work ethics

Cons

Not an enjoyable company at all. Makes you memorize dumb core values that you have to supposedly follow.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don’t Believe the 5 Star “Reviews”

Aug 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility to work from home (pre-covid), unlimited PTO and that’s about it.

Cons

Leadership only cares about their own opinions and won’t listen to SME. Tout core values, but seldom practice what they preach. Nepotism and and an old boys club atmosphere. In addition you would think a language and culture company would have more diversity but it sure lacks it. You’ll be doing the job of 2-3+ people. The pay is far below market value. No room for growth as they make inflated titles and change your job description every quarter to add more responsibilities but don’t give you more money to compensate.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Great Product, Horrible Company

Jul 27, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

The product itself is great, which makes marketing easier overall.

Cons

God there are so many. Management does not listen to the employees on anything. Data is ignored, marketing team can’t get approvals, roles are terminated and not filled. I’ve watched single employees take over the work of entire teams. Employees are demoted while being assigned additional work. I cannot speak strongly enough when I say STAY AWAY.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company that encourages innovation!

Mar 1, 2021 - Product Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Work with a passionate group of extremely talented colleagues. 2. Encouraged to innovate, think creatively, and take proactive steps to validate ideas and bring these to life. 3. Support positive work / life balance.

Cons

While encouraged to pursue great ideas, there is sometimes a lack of support and / or follow-through from management to actually bring these ideas to life.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company to work for!

Feb 23, 2021 - Account Manager in Farmington Hills, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management is fair and they are super supportive.

Cons

We are currently working remotely.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Mission

Feb 12, 2021 - QA Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Our Core Purpose - Enriching lives with language and culture Product Development process includes good Work / Life balance Continuous product improvements

Cons

No immediate cons at present.

9. 5.0

Great Place to work

Jan 8, 2021 - Product Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's been some time since I've begun working at Mango and definitely long enough to form an opinion. Overall, the company is great. A few things that make it great are the culture, benefits, people that work here, and the leadership's ability to react to something unexpected as the case was with COVID-19. From the ownership down to the department managers. Office culture is very important to everyone here at Mango. Work schedule (at least in our department) is very flexible. Ability to WFH when necessary is great and I'm convinced that the leadership understands that having a balanced work/life schedule benefits everyone involved. Unlimited PTO is a nice perk to have along with 401K and good health coverage with the company putting in a substantial stipend. Pre-covid on Friday's we had a wind down with food and drinks, board games, etc. We also had (will have once back to normal) team building days/parties, Tigers games, etc. Above all, the people that work here are the best part of it. It's not a big company, but everyone I work with is absolutely great. Everyone will make time to help/assist in any way they can and won't make you feel like they're being bothered. We have town halls every Friday where the leadership basically catches us up on the news, reports, happenings etc. Every quarter we have an extended town hall where we go over the previous quarter and what's coming up for the next one. The communication from the leadership down to the departments has drastically improved over the last couple of years. When it was realized that COVID-19 would be a major health problem, leadership took the decision to transition to WFH. I'm certain that everyone appreciated this as it ensured that people who work here at MANGO would be safe as well as be able to take care of their families. We definitely make the best language learning product on the market. Here, it's a form of art.

Cons

To be fair, everyone has their own points of view and that should be respected. However, I don't really have any cons at this time.

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 6, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking for a company that allows its employees to help shape the direction of the company and share feedback, Mango is for you. Leadership not only listens to what others have to say, but often asks for ideas. The company is extremely agile and has huge growth potential over the next few years. Collaboration is exhibited on a daily basis, leading to a close-knit team that is all on the same page with the same mission. Flexible work schedule and a great time-off policy.

Cons

A large shift in marketing direction could be considered a con, however you can also view it as an opportunity to help craft it if you are looking for a role within that group or one that works with marketing. If you are looking for a job where you clock-in at 9 and clock-out at 5, Mango may not be the best fit. But if you enjoy what you do, are passionate about the business, and are driven by achieving great results, Mango may be perfect!

3 people found this review helpful