Marathon Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Sort:

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Capital (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, called late.
    Very detached and not curious, asks the most generic questions (why banking and this sector and us in one question), asks a very specific technical question about tax and scoffs when the answer is slightly off

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Capital.

Interview

Sent my resume and cover letter to a generic recruiter email and a university careers website posting. contacted for a phone interview ~3 weeks later, and then a week after that was invited to a final round. Really enjoyed meeting everyone but unfortunately got no job offer. The superday is quite long, it takes up like ~6 hours since they're a smaller firm and want you to meet almost everyone.

Interview Questions

• There was a 30 minute paper modeling test that is actually quite easy in retrospect but hard on the spot. There was also an interesting case study that is the same as above, it was tricky for me because the ultimate answer was to value the asset like a debt security, which is not a typical IB question but is relevant for the type of stuff that Marathon works on.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Capital (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was initially scheduled a phone interview with someone in the company. He did not show up at the scheduled time. The same thing happened 3 times. It took me 3 times to reschedule the phone interview. When someone called me, he kept asking weird question and his signal was really bad and he seemed just work out and out of his breath. A company does not survival when it does not keep it word and is not on time.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Capital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

- step 1: resume submission
    -step 2: excel prompt. Fairly complex, they asked for a cash flow model that incorporated stuff like DTAs.
    -Step 3: phone interview. Pretty standard, no big surprises. Just make sure to do some research on them and be ready to explain your interest in energy.
    -Step 4: super day. Fairly technical. No need to be an energy expert but having interest in the industry is a must. Really smart people who seem to know what they are doing and eager to bring good talent to the team.

Interview Questions

• Q: If you could invest in either a solar plant or a wind farm, which one would you choose?   Answer Question
    • Q: what are deferred tax assets and liabilities?   Answer Question