Marathon Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marathon Health

Sort:

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Health.

Interview

Initially I conversed with one HR person. I then had a phone interview with a different HR person. A few days later I talked with a clinical person who seems to travel around to new sites, and interviews candidates from a clinical perspective. All was going well, and I was invited to an interview in person.
    I found it odd that the interview was to be held in the hotel lobby where the interviewers were staying. It was loud, with other hotel guests all around, and we were seated at one of the high tables which I can't stand. It was a distracting interview, and I wish it went a little better. Nevertheless, I felt that although I didn't have the experience they stated they were looking for in the ad, if I got to the 3rd interview they must like me well enough. I was told they would set up the 4th interview time within the week. I went out of town, glued to my phone to check emails, because i was really excited about this position. No call or email ever came, and I was sad. I really felt like it would be a good company to work for, doing work I would be interested in doing. The next week, I contacted the main interviewer and left a message just to check on things, and instead HR called me back. I did not get the position. I humbly asked why- if there were any weak areas that they would prefer I work on for future positions. I was told that they were just flooded with an overwhelming response and were moving forward with a different candidate. That made sense- and so I asked about another position nearby, and she said that there was not as much of a response to that city's site. I asked to have my application considered for that one. She called back a day later and said that they were already interviewing for that position and didn't want to add anyone else to the mix. Makes sense.

Here's what the rub is, though.

A day later, they cold-called a friend of mine- possibly using her as one of my references- to see if she would be interested in working for them in one of those positions. She was not, but mentioned I was- and they said they already talked to me.

I understand if I was not the right candidate for their position. I am actually very happy I didn't get it- because I don't want to work for a company that lies. Just shoot straight and be honest. If I didn't have enough experience, then say that- don't pull some weak lie that there has been an overwhelming response, when actually you are cold calling others who didn't even apply to your position.

Interview Questions

• The usual- how would you react in such and such situation. The last question asked was, What's your favorite movie?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winooski, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marathon Health (Winooski, VT).

Interview

I applied for a communications position with this company. I was interviewed by phone and then contacted a week later by an HR representative (a woman). I was told the marketing team had decided not to fill the position and instead, they'd be creating 2 different, similar positions but they had not yet written the job descriptions for them, nor did she know what the positions would be called. She asked me if I would be interested in interviewing for one of those. I said I would consider it, and asked to be sent the job description once completed. They never sent it.

A month later, after receiving no contact from the company, I was contacted by a different HR representative (a man this time) and asked to interview for the new position. Not only had I not received a job description for this position, but I had not even applied for it. I accepted the phone interview so that I could find out more. The interview went well, and a week later I was contacted by a third HR representative (another woman this time) to come into the office to interview with three members of the marketing team.

It has now been well over a month and I have received no contact from anyone from this organization. I have followed up with HR to ask about the status of the position and received no response from anyone. I saw on LinkedIn that the position was filled two months ago, but I was never contacted. This company is disorganized and downright unprofessional. I interviewed with five different people over the span of three months and didn't even receive a generic e-mail telling me that they chose a different candidate. I'm very sorry I wasted my time here.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with using different voices in your writing?   Answer Question
    • Do you consider yourself a good writer?   Answer Question
    • Where does your husband work? What kind of insurance do you have through his work? Where else are you interviewing besides here? Where do you live? (examples of inappropriate questions I was asked by one of the interviewers, all prefaced by "May I ask...")   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you know about what our company does.   Answer Question
    • How do you manage your time effectively?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience writing media pitches?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Interface Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winooski, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Health (Winooski, VT) in June 2014.

Interview

The process started with an email from a recruiter. The recruiter set-up an in person interview with the Director of IT. The first interview was a 1:1 with the director, followed by a QA session with the team. A secondary interview was also scheduled, consisting of a QA with team, manager and director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you encountered a difficult situation in previous role?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marathon Health (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

Basic interview, laid back, people are nice and questions are same type of questions in most interviews, they try to make you feel comfortable, felt like I was already part of the group