Marathon Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Marathon Oil

2.9

Sort:

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Interview

I did not no apply through my campus recruiting. I applied through Indeed.com. I heard back from them about 2 weeks later and then I was scheduled for an online prerecorded interview. I completed the interview in about 30 minutes. I then waited for about two more weeks and then I got a phone call from their HR representative and then I had a phone interview and right after the interview I got the offer from Marathon.

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

I only had one interview and I got cut after that so I don't know if there were multiple or not. The interview was over the phone and they put me on speaker phone with three employees who took turns asking me questions. The employees were a senior reservoir engineer, petrophysicist, and human relations. They didn't ask any behavioral questions. They asked about things I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing you learned from your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online on Marathon's official site and got an email saying that I've been selected to have an interview after 3 weeks. It was an online video interview including some basic behavioral questions and my knowledge about this company. Also it has several essay questions at the end.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was asked several situational questions and some very generic questions about technology. The interview was done by two people. This was after my initial interview with the staffing company I would be contracted to Marathon through. Their mood was serious and they didn't seem to know what they should ask me. I had thought of so many other questions that would be better suited for the job they were going to hire me for, yet they stuck to very generalized subjects and questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

All technical SAP questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil.

Interview

online interview. very informal. I did not like that you had to look at yourself and that you had only once chance yo record yourself. But the internship was a great experience. It was for an internship in Houston. Interns get their own office which is a great perk.

Interview Questions

• asked me about myself, and explain a time I had conflict with others in a team setting   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Robinson, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

it was interesting because they fly you out to Houston, TX to do the interview. it is a little nerve racking because when you are in the city you don't really get to enjoy your surroundings. but you will meet alot of excellent candidates and make some great friends.

Interview Questions

• how have you used what you have learned in school for a project or real life experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

The initial meeting with two representatives from the company and subsequent discussion led to a sit down interview where I was made to feel extremely comfortable and important. This proved to be one of the most pleasant and enjoyable interview experiences I have ever had. I was made to feel welcomed rather than judged, which allowed me to be more honest and better describe my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Have you covered a key concept in your studies, here at your university, and incorporated it into your real, everyday life? If so, what was the topic and how did you implement it?   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

They sat me down,
    then they asked me where i am currently in school.
    They asked about my extracurricular activities.
    Then they asked me about my work experience.
    They wanted me to explain everything about what i did
    who i worked with, and how i contributed to the project.
    They then wanted to know if i had questions for them
    and answered any questions i had and explained the
    answers they gave me.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

It was very nice, quick, behavioristic. Two interviewers, 1 from department, 1 from HR. They were very friendly and made you feel comfortable.