KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Marathon Oil Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 80 of over 80 interviews

Employee Referral10%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Marathon Oil

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil in Mar 2022

Interview

On Teams face to face first round interview with hiring manager and senior DBA. asking a lot of question regards to my master's degree and when I finished and if I get another opportunity would I leave them or not. They wanted guarantee

Interview Questions
  • why would we use copy-only backup?
    1 Answer

Marathon Oil

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil in Sep 2021

Interview

It was a 2 part interview. The process was rather quick and easy. The communication was great and I heard back within a week. Each interview had two people. The interview felt laid back and interviewers were great!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Marathon Oil

Application

I interviewed at Marathon Oil

Interview

The interview process was very professional with a very friendly and family oriented overtone with welfare for your interest in the job position being offered, as well as your past employment history and family values.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs., 10 yrs., 15 yrs. down the road with the company?

Marathon Oil

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil

Interview

Very comfortable interview; able to have a conversation and ask questions about the company that were clearly answered. Laid back. The gentlemen who conducted the interview were my supervisors and spoke very highly of the company and ability for growth.

Interview Questions
  • My previous experience. Strengths and weaknesses.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in Aug 2019

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call to have a phone interview scheduled with the hiring manager/direct supervisor. Received an invitation for an in-person interview with 4 different managers. 3 separate 30 minute interviews. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had to handle a difficult situation? How did you handle it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Carlsbad, NM) in Aug 2019

Interview

I applied online through a job website and was emailed a request for a preliminary interview at their office in Houston. The first interview was very informal and took place in the coffee shop at the base of the office building. The questions were very broad at this interview, it was intended as an initial meet-and-greet to get a "feel" for potential candidates and lasted just under and hour. Once that interview was completed, I waited about a week to hear back about the second round interview. The second round interview was a series of several individual interviews. The were four sessions with 2 interviewers in each session asking much more specific job-based questions. Each session lasted about 30 minutes. Once this process was completed I waited to hear back for another week but was, unfortunately, not given an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in Oct 2018

Interview

Called in for an in-person interview, there was no phone screen by HR or the hiring manager. Was not contacted for the second round of interviews. Saw the job reposted about a month later.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience working with challenging people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX)

Interview

The interview itself was not so terrible but the experience overall was. I dealt with 4 different HR people. I kept getting kicked around from one to the other. I had to travel from out of state to interview and the HR person didn't even know this. When I asked about travel reimbursement they were clueless that I had to travel. I had to keep bringing the issue up until I finally got an answer. I pretty much had to find my own means of getting to the interview which ended up having to be on a Friday afternoon because I had to drive 8 hrs to get to it. The interviewers were pleasant but one did let me know they would rather have spent their afternoon elsewhere. The interview was a panel interview mainly dealing with technical questions regarding my experience. I did not get an offer or the courtesy of letting me know I didn't. Followed up a few times regarding the status of the job and got very vague answers. You would think given all the effort I put into getting to the interview I would get some feedback or reimbursed. Got neither.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX) in May 2018

Interview

Met with an Associate General Counsel, Counsel and a paralegal. The interview was fairly relaxed. It seemed like the interviewers did not have a clear vision of what they wanted. At the time, the company had just hired a new GC, and I learned when I arrived that they had filled the position for which I applied, and were now looking for a lower level individual contributor.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about my prior experiences and my willingness to take a lower position than the one I had applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marathon Oil (Houston, TX)

Interview

Applied online, received an email to an online interview. One-way interview with the question popping up on the screen, about 30 seconds to prepare, then a few minutes to talk and answer the question. 7 or 8 questions, not terribly difficult.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 80 Interviews

Marathon Oil Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Marathon Oil as 73.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.84 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and IT Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Marathon Oil takes an average of 17 days when considering 95 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Internship had the quickest hiring process (on average 1 day), whereas Intern roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 6 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Marathon Oil according to 95 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 24.03%