Mark's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mark's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mark's (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview, applied online and dropped off the resume in person as well, they asked me for my reference the same day and call them next day, the whole process tooke less than a week,

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mark's (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very comfortable because the people were friendly and didn't put me on the spot. They made the interview more about what they are looking for and let my resume speak for itself.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be able to support multiple people.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mark's.

Interview

The interview process was standard. There was a phone interview with HR. Basic questions were asked, easy. Then there was an in person interview which was more challenging. I had two managers interview me. Questions were not impossible but did require some thought. Overall the interview was standard and not too challenging. The company seems more interested in if you will fit their culture than if you just have the requirements to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Q. What are your strengths/weaknesses
      Q. What are the steps you would take to forecasting the sales of a product?
      Q. Tell me what you know about Marks.
      Q. Why did you apply for this job.
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mark's.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I basically just had to show up. It was a co-op placement so the interview was basically just a formality. I wore a skirt and smiled.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mark's.

Interview

I had one interview to get this position. The interview went smoothly and the manager was very friendly and forthcoming about his intentions. The manager outlined his expectations and they had a strong policy to hire outstanding individuals to better serve customers. The training process was fairly detailed about product knowledge.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mark's in December 2014.

Interview

The Interview and hring process was very simple. My manage made it feel very comfortable and not a nerve racking situation you are required to give 2 refrences. Then they will get back to you after you've been hired you are required to do some online clearing and read through a whimis handbook.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at marks?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't really able to negotiate anything my advice would be to start as a part time and make your way up to a higher position.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mark's (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

They are trying to judge your people skills and friendliness. Drop off a resume in store, receive a quick 30 second interview about you and availability then later a one on one formal interview. I was hired on the spot because I am very outgoing so that is a great personality trait to highlight. Having previous experience helps but be sure to say that whatever you don't know, you would be happy to learn.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mark's? What's your availability? What is your previous work experience? How are your people skills? How do you deal in stressful situations?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mark's (Kingston, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Was seeking seasonal position. Interview completed with district manager. Approximately thirty minute interview. Many in depth questions asked. Questions covered past experience, present view of yourself, and future goals. Interviewer then contacts references, and requires time to deal with cooperate Human Resources. Was then contacted by phone and returned to the store to review and sign contract.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work situation, involving a coworker(s). How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mark's.

Interview

A very easy laid back type of interview. Freindly. Lasted about 30 min. because we were just talking. it was the assistant manager that called me and half way through the manager had a few questions. overall it was a great experience

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one really. just the typical what are your weakness' and strengths type questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mark's.

Interview

Basic one on one interview process

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marks Work Wearhouse?   1 Answer