MarkMonitor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MarkMonitor

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (Boise, ID) in Jan 2019

Interview

thorough and informative; talked with 5 different people so a bit grueling but overall interested in the personality of people they hire more than the "tech" stuff; I was impressed overall and liked the company culture

Interview Questions
  • How have you handled working on several different products at once?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (London, England, England) in Jun 2018

Interview

3 stage process in 2018 after introduction by recruiter Line Manager, future colleagues (CSMs), Line Manager's Director First two interviews live in London office, the third interview with the director based in the US via Skype

Interview Questions
  • Former professional experience Current ambitions Relevant skills Test: handling a customer situation via email response in French

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

182 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (New York, NY) in May 2018

Interview

Took about an hour with a 30 min assessment after. Panel was very professional and thorough. Was a pleasant experience overall. Made it to second round of interviews and had the same experience

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (Meridian, ID)

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter just a couple of days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview happened the next day. The recruiter and I had a great conversation - she asked what I wanted to make, and she wanted to make sure that I understood that the job paid $47K and that it was firm. I was OK with that and told her I wanted to move forward. She told me that she would give my information to the hiring manager and that she had some pull in persuading them who to interview and that she was sure they would want to meet me. Later that day she sent me an Excel document with some testing: attached is the data set that we spoke about during the interview. With this data set, please provide a one page summary separate from the excel document drawing an overall conclusion of the data. This one page summary/conclusion can consist of paragraph summaries, bullet points, charts, graphs, and/or trend lines. It’s truly up to you how you would like to tell the “story.” We do a lot of large data analysis and we feel a test data set like this will be a great way for you to show off your analytical abilities. I completed this and sent it back to her and 4 days later received an email to set up the on-site interview which was scheduled for 3 days later. And here's where it all went south .... the in-person interview. I had read another review about this company intimating, or maybe flat-out stating, that they do not hire old people. And I have to agree with that assessment. My interview was with 5 young gentlemen, average age of 27 I would say .... and I am mid 40s. There were no structured questions. It seemed like as soon as we got in to the room they made a determination that I was too old and they decided to wing it and not really ask anything of substance and get me out of there as soon as they could. They mentioned they want to bring someone on who fits in with their culture. If they are looking for 27 year-old men who all look like they stepped out of a J Crew catalog, then no, I'm not going to fit in with them. They mentioned they had several openings and that they had the position open all the time. I felt good about my experience and knowledge and intelligence, but knew that they did not want me personally. I never heard back from them, so I emailed the recruiter. Who took 2 weeks to reply with the no thanks email. Shortly thereafter the position was posted online again. So I reached out to the recruiter and asked if I could be considered again. She said that it was technically filled. So why is it posted? My impression of this company is that they don't hire people over the age of 40. Or maybe just females of that age, I'm not sure. But it was obvious that once they saw me they were not interested even though I had a great conversation with the recruiter, and had all the KSAs to excel in this position.

Interview Questions
  • They asked how I would feel being on a computer doing searches all day.
2 people found this interview helpful

MarkMonitor

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at MarkMonitor in Dec 2016

Interview

Multiple exchanges on the phone and in person. A lot of contacts, exchanges on the phone, meetings in person at the office, etc. Albeit very positive feedback on the spot, received a very bland one line "thanks for your time" email - a full tone switch after 2 months of exchanges. Asked for a few details - hoping after talking to 5 people, spending hours and waiting weeks, a slightly more detailed feedback might be provided (you did this / we changed our mind / we reassessed / etc) or at least "other candidates were a better fit), but no. Alright, thanks for your time I guess. Overall sour taste in the mouth.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (Boise, ID) in Apr 2016

Interview

The interviewing process starts with the typical phone screening interview, where the hiring manager asks about your knowledge and experience. Following this screening is the final interview with the team. The second interview is about getting to know who you are as a person and to see if you will fit with their team dynamic. The team was very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you had to deal with conflict?

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in Mar 2016

Interview

3 rounds of technical interview, 1 round behavior interview. Interviewed by their principal engineers and manager. Very nice people. 4 hours total. You need to draw your though and code on the whiteboard and share your experience with them. You will be asked culture fit question as well. Hope this helps.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MarkMonitor

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MarkMonitor

Interview

Hiring manager called me. After discuss what they do and what I do, he start to ask technical questions in Java, these are basic questions but I would like to say that they are a little bit rude and the question statement is not clear.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2016

Interview

First telephonic screening, then 5 onsite rounds. Interview difficulty level is medium. basic java and data structures is more than sufficient. Focus on kafka , mapreduce and storm. problem solving skill is important. They focus on learning capacity of candidate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in Dec 2015

Interview

The process involved an initial chat with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next round was an onsite interview with four employees. At the onsite interview, after the 2nd and 3rd interviews (including the hiring manager), the interview process derailed dramatically after realizing the candidate (me) was a "mature worker". The discomfort level was palpable. In between these interviews, there were waiting times of 5-10 minutes. And, ultimately, the hiring manager said the 4th interview "would not take place" and that they would find someone else to fill the slot. That did not happen. Overall, the questions asked were for a junior level person. The manner in which these interviews were handled were unprofessional, thoughtless and left a negative impression of the company. Looking back, I should have just walked out of the interview when I realized that I would not be seriously considered for the position.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you could not find research and data for a private company and the deadline was 5PM?
3 people found this interview helpful