MarkMonitor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

Brand Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (Meridian, ID).

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter just a couple of days later to set up a phone interview.
    The phone interview happened the next day.
    The recruiter and I had a great conversation - she asked what I wanted to make, and she wanted to make sure that I understood that the job paid $47K and that it was firm. I was OK with that and told her I wanted to move forward. She told me that she would give my information to the hiring manager and that she had some pull in persuading them who to interview and that she was sure they would want to meet me.
    Later that day she sent me an Excel document with some testing: attached is the data set that we spoke about during the interview. With this data set, please provide a one page summary separate from the excel document drawing an overall conclusion of the data. This one page summary/conclusion can consist of paragraph summaries, bullet points, charts, graphs, and/or trend lines. It’s truly up to you how you would like to tell the “story.” We do a lot of large data analysis and we feel a test data set like this will be a great way for you to show off your analytical abilities.
    I completed this and sent it back to her and 4 days later received an email to set up the on-site interview which was scheduled for 3 days later.
    And here's where it all went south .... the in-person interview. I had read another review about this company intimating, or maybe flat-out stating, that they do not hire old people. And I have to agree with that assessment. My interview was with 5 young gentlemen, average age of 27 I would say .... and I am mid 40s. There were no structured questions. It seemed like as soon as we got in to the room they made a determination that I was too old and they decided to wing it and not really ask anything of substance and get me out of there as soon as they could. They mentioned they want to bring someone on who fits in with their culture. If they are looking for 27 year-old men who all look like they stepped out of a J Crew catalog, then no, I'm not going to fit in with them.
    They mentioned they had several openings and that they had the position open all the time. I felt good about my experience and knowledge and intelligence, but knew that they did not want me personally.
    I never heard back from them, so I emailed the recruiter. Who took 2 weeks to reply with the no thanks email.
    Shortly thereafter the position was posted online again. So I reached out to the recruiter and asked if I could be considered again. She said that it was technically filled. So why is it posted?
    My impression of this company is that they don't hire people over the age of 40. Or maybe just females of that age, I'm not sure. But it was obvious that once they saw me they were not interested even though I had a great conversation with the recruiter, and had all the KSAs to excel in this position.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I would feel being on a computer doing searches all day.   Answer Question

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (Boise, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process starts with the typical phone screening interview, where the hiring manager asks about your knowledge and experience. Following this screening is the final interview with the team. The second interview is about getting to know who you are as a person and to see if you will fit with their team dynamic. The team was very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They meet me halfway between what they normally give their interns to what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of technical interview, 1 round behavior interview. Interviewed by their principal engineers and manager. Very nice people. 4 hours total. You need to draw your though and code on the whiteboard and share your experience with them. You will be asked culture fit question as well. Hope this helps.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MarkMonitor.

Interview

Hiring manager called me. After discuss what they do and what I do, he start to ask technical questions in Java, these are basic questions but I would like to say that they are a little bit rude and the question statement is not clear.

Big Data Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First telephonic screening, then 5 onsite rounds.
    Interview difficulty level is medium.
    basic java and data structures is more than sufficient.
    Focus on kafka , mapreduce and storm.
    problem solving skill is important.
    They focus on learning capacity of candidate.

Competitive Intelligence Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The process involved an initial chat with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next round was an onsite interview with four employees. At the onsite interview, after the 2nd and 3rd interviews (including the hiring manager), the interview process derailed dramatically after realizing the candidate (me) was a "mature worker". The discomfort level was palpable. In between these interviews, there were waiting times of 5-10 minutes. And, ultimately, the hiring manager said the 4th interview "would not take place" and that they would find someone else to fill the slot. That did not happen. Overall, the questions asked were for a junior level person. The manner in which these interviews were handled were unprofessional, thoughtless and left a negative impression of the company. Looking back, I should have just walked out of the interview when I realized that I would not be seriously considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you could not find research and data for a private company and the deadline was 5PM?   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (Boise, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial screening via phone and second phone interview with the hiring managers.
    Questions were pretty average but I have found the hiring process very serious.
    They called me to give me the feedback and to tell me that I did not make it to the third stage, which was very surprising, when I received the phone call I thought I did make it...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MarkMonitor in July 2015.

Interview

In short, it was the worst interview experience ever. There were two interviewers on the call, one of the interviewers seemed more nervous than anyone else. I had difficulty understanding what he was trying to say. I was asked to implement LRU cache. As I started to write the code, they immediately interrupted me saying just tell us the logic, then came some questions on Spring,Hibernate and Java.You either know the answer or you don't. They also asked a few simple SQL queries. They then suddenly said thanks for the time and ended the call 15 mins early and did not even spend a few minutes asking me questions I might be having about the role. The whole experience was "super rude" and the fact that neither of the two interviewers could make a candidate want to work with the company is sad. Glad I came to know this very early in the process.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then 1 onsite with 4 people. Fun, challenging, straight forward. Each interviewer had a different style, some were more technical than others but overall a very good experience! I felt very comfortable with each interviewer. they were friendly and professional in every way. They each had me site some examples of processes, challenges and what I did to solve some specific problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult managers?
      What are your strengths in recruiting?   1 Answer

Senior Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Many interviews with many people that went over five weeks. Nobody asked any relevant questions. The team is more worried about process than innovation. They brought me in to talk about changing their solution and building something innovative and unique. Nobody, including the CEO, asked any questions about innovation. Of the people who interviewed me, two left - or are leaving. It really doesn't make sense to have exiting employees interview new hires. It was a complete waste of time.

Recently I read a review left by a former employee. Had I read it before my interviews, I would have stopped after the first set. It seems spot on.

Interview Questions

• What process do use to interact with engineering and the rest of the teams?   1 Answer