MarkMonitor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.8

Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (Boise, ID) in April 2016.

Interview

The interviewing process starts with the typical phone screening interview, where the hiring manager asks about your knowledge and experience. Following this screening is the final interview with the team. The second interview is about getting to know who you are as a person and to see if you will fit with their team dynamic. The team was very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to deal with conflict?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They meet me halfway between what they normally give their interns to what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of technical interview, 1 round behavior interview. Interviewed by their principal engineers and manager. Very nice people. 4 hours total. You need to draw your though and code on the whiteboard and share your experience with them. You will be asked culture fit question as well. Hope this helps.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MarkMonitor.

Interview

Hiring manager called me. After discuss what they do and what I do, he start to ask technical questions in Java, these are basic questions but I would like to say that they are a little bit rude and the question statement is not clear.

Big Data Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First telephonic screening, then 5 onsite rounds.
    Interview difficulty level is medium.
    basic java and data structures is more than sufficient.
    Focus on kafka , mapreduce and storm.
    problem solving skill is important.
    They focus on learning capacity of candidate.

Competitive Intelligence Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The process involved an initial chat with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next round was an onsite interview with four employees. At the onsite interview, after the 2nd and 3rd interviews (including the hiring manager), the interview process derailed dramatically after realizing the candidate (me) was a "mature worker". The discomfort level was palpable. In between these interviews, there were waiting times of 5-10 minutes. And, ultimately, the hiring manager said the 4th interview "would not take place" and that they would find someone else to fill the slot. That did not happen. Overall, the questions asked were for a junior level person. The manner in which these interviews were handled were unprofessional, thoughtless and left a negative impression of the company. Looking back, I should have just walked out of the interview when I realized that I would not be seriously considered for the position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you could not find research and data for a private company and the deadline was 5PM?   Answer Question

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (Boise, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial screening via phone and second phone interview with the hiring managers.
    Questions were pretty average but I have found the hiring process very serious.
    They called me to give me the feedback and to tell me that I did not make it to the third stage, which was very surprising, when I received the phone call I thought I did make it...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MarkMonitor in July 2015.

Interview

In short, it was the worst interview experience ever. There were two interviewers on the call, one of the interviewers seemed more nervous than anyone else. I had difficulty understanding what he was trying to say. I was asked to implement LRU cache. As I started to write the code, they immediately interrupted me saying just tell us the logic, then came some questions on Spring,Hibernate and Java.You either know the answer or you don't. They also asked a few simple SQL queries. They then suddenly said thanks for the time and ended the call 15 mins early and did not even spend a few minutes asking me questions I might be having about the role. The whole experience was "super rude" and the fact that neither of the two interviewers could make a candidate want to work with the company is sad. Glad I came to know this very early in the process.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then 1 onsite with 4 people. Fun, challenging, straight forward. Each interviewer had a different style, some were more technical than others but overall a very good experience! I felt very comfortable with each interviewer. they were friendly and professional in every way. They each had me site some examples of processes, challenges and what I did to solve some specific problems.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult managers?
      What are your strengths in recruiting?
      1 Answer

Senior Director of Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Many interviews with many people that went over five weeks. Nobody asked any relevant questions. The team is more worried about process than innovation. They brought me in to talk about changing their solution and building something innovative and unique. Nobody, including the CEO, asked any questions about innovation. Of the people who interviewed me, two left - or are leaving. It really doesn't make sense to have exiting employees interview new hires. It was a complete waste of time.

Recently I read a review left by a former employee. Had I read it before my interviews, I would have stopped after the first set. It seems spot on.

Interview Questions

• What process do use to interact with engineering and the rest of the teams?   1 Answer

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MarkMonitor (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with recruiter, and once vetted, had a phone screen with the hiring manager, VP of Product Management. Strangely enough, a week after that call, the hiring manager had left the company "for his dream job". After that, I was invited to interview on-site with four people: peers and the interim hiring manager.

The interviews went well, and each of the staff were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and open with their experience within the company. All of them had been with the company less than one year, as most of the founders departed after the Thomson acquisition. So the organization is rebuilding the team and in some cases "rebooting" some segments of the business.

I was lukewarm on the opportunity due to the above organizational changes, and lack of clarity on the business and investment needed, as well as the prospect of working in such a large organization as Thomson. That didn't matter anyway, as they did not extend an offer. My instincts were validated by the fact that the recruiter did not get back to me after I spent an the day interviewing onsite. I waited 3 weeks, still no outreach. Finally I inquired as to the status and she said they went with another candidate. Not a good way to treat potential candidates, and certainly affected my interest in the company. They need to get that fixed. Otherwise, I think a good experience.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions, rather good discussions and honest disclosure of the state of the business, culture, etc.   Answer Question