Markel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Markel Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Markel (Richmond, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me by e-mail, and described the position. The pay was about 25% less than my current pay, so I told him I wasn't interested. The recruiter called back a week later and said my salary expectation was "workable."

I went through a 30-minute telephone interview with HR, a 4hr video conference interview with superiors, and a couple more hourlong video conference interviews with parallel staff. Each person was totally pleasant, and I appreciated everyone's candor.

The more I learned about the company and its underwriting appetite, the less interested I was in the position. I heard nothing from Markel people so I followed up with the recruiter, who advised me that Markel "went a different direction."

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Markel in May 2016.

Interview

I applied directly in January and never heard back. In the meantime I was approached by two different recruiting firms advertising the job as "contract to hire." Of course this was not indicated on the company website.

Misleading job listings and probably reflective of kool-aid drinking company attitude. I'd avoid unless you'd like the idea of a multi-million dollar insurance company underpaying you on a contract basis after lying to you about what the getting the job in the first place entails.

Yet another one of the many fine Richmond companies who can't be bothered to screen their own recruits. Don't waste your time really. Quite indicative of the fact that more recruiting firms exist in Richmond than actual jobs.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept a contract to hire position?   1 Answer

Premium Audit Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Markel.

Interview

Interviewed with three people. One physical person & two remote managers. Interview went well but never heard back. Shouldn't have went through went it anyway because the recruiter in HR was disastrous. Any reputable organization is punctual & well organized. If they weren't going to go with me as a candidate it's appropriate to let someone know they weren't selected so they can persue other employers. Yes I'm aware they aren't obligated to do so but it's a courtesy.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glen Allen, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Markel (Glen Allen, VA).

Interview

The interview process was established. Though the interviewers did not seem to be on the same page. The opportunity came my way via an acquaintance who thought I might be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to stress. If confronted with an aggressive co-worker, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Markel (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

I initially went and met with the Director of Claims. Upon being called back for a second interview, I met both with Human Resources as well as all the managers on the floor (not just those in my practice area). After two interviews and approximately two weeks of waiting, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about how I handled my toughest workplace dilemma.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Markel (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call screening from the hiring manager associate. He seemed to be very smart and easy to talk too. He did not get into any thing too technical. He actually did most of the talking and talked mainly about the roll and the average day is like working at the company.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Submission Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Markel (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Employee referral. In-office interview - met with HR, direct manager, and hiring manager. Week turn around time. Over the phone offer. Temp to full-time position. Upfront communication. Standard interview questions for this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate. Not a lot of wiggle room in an entry-level position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Markel (Omaha, NE) in August 2014.

Interview

for the interview process there were two parts, first I was called and did an interview over the phone with someone for HR, later I did an interview in person with 4 people, 2 supervisors and the two other people above them, they all took turns asking questions that were almost the same as the questions that I was asked over the phone. It was mostly basic question that are regularly asked for a customer service position. The people that inteviewed me they are all really nice poeple so feel at ease during the interview. I was called later on that day for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you had to deal with a bad situation, how did you handle it and what was the turn out?   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Markel (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very nice. One email to set up the first interview. No phone interview first. Met with all three people at one time so you did not get snuffled from room to room. Sent email to set up second interview where they gave you just the stars test. No test for computer program skills or typing speed. Offered you the position at that time and did make you wait another week.

Interview Questions

• Why I was leaving my prior position?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Markel (Omaha, NE) in February 2013.

Interview

It consisted of 4 different interviews. One was with the hiring manager. Two others were with managers within the IT department. The fourth was with a manager of one of the other business units.

Interview Questions

• How do you define the difference between a business requirement and a systems requirement?   Answer Question