Market Basket Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Market Basket Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

1.3

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview

Easy. Just know what skills you have and be able to explain them well. This was a low pressure interview with multiple people being interviewed at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?
      What sort of skills set you apart
      Are you a hard worke   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Basket (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was exceptionally easy (researched the questions ahead of time, since I had messed up on previous interviews), the interviewer was friendly and easy to relate to, no drug tests or psychological profiling, applied, interviewed, told I had the job, then just waited for schedule.

Sacker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rowley, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Market Basket (Rowley, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. For example, filling out the application didn't take too long. The manager was also very friendly and explanatory about the position I applied for. Everything was well prepared for the interview too. For instance, the manager provided every form I needed to sign in order to get the job.

Front End Cashier Interview

Interview

10 minutes. Willing to give anyone a chance.

There is really nothing else to say -- Glassdoor shouldn't force 50 word minimums. Some people might have been self employed and are now looking to get a job at an established company. How does forcing extra words help your data? It doesn't...

Interview Questions

• Are you legal to work in the U.S.?

Yup.

You're in   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview

Walked in. Asked for an application at customer service. Filled it out on the spot. Asked if a manager was available. Sat with store manager and he asked very basic questions. Was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Basket (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I went in and the front end manager found me, and brought me to his desk. He asked my age, school, and some other super basic questions. He asked me if I was a friendly person. Really easy and relaxed. Then he just handed me a booklet to fill out basically. Never 'officially' got offered the job, it was kinda a given.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview

Sent in application and then received a call to come in for an interview, was asked very easy questions, and then received a phone call a couple days later saying that I got the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview

The interview was very simple and easy. Manager asked why you want this job and basically hired on the spot. Very easy going... He asked what hours I'm available and gave me a packet of the store policies. Started work a week later

Kitchen Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Londonderry, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Basket (Londonderry, NH) in August 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Talk to the manager, be personable and say you're looking for work. If you show a good attitude, they'll no doubt hire you. Don't be set on the department they initially place you in. If you want, it's easy to transfer among different departments at a later time.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Ask if you have previous customer service experience, what your availability is, etc. Nothing challenging.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Basket (Manchester, NH) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied there in person. Two weeks after I got a phone call inviting me back for a job interview. The Interview was short and simple. Right after the interview I was notified that I got the job. The week after that I began training. You get paid during training by the way.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at market basket?   1 Answer