Market Basket Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Market Basket Interview Questions

Interviews at Market Basket

1.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Basket (Lawrence, MA).

Interview

I went in for 2 interviews. The first one went fine and smoothly. When I went in for the second one I brought my permit. They told me to return the next day after 11. When I showed up they did not have any plan to talk to me simply told me to return @2 for one of the managers. When i returned at 2 there were no managers to be found because they were on lunch. Office told me to return in 30 minutes. I returned and the manager told me to wait 15 minutes for one of them to return. 15 minutes turned into 45 minutes. When I went to tell them i needed to go the manager showed up spoke to me and told me no interview would be conducted without appointment and he simply wanted to see what forms of ID I had. I think this management needs to be fixed because they were all over the place and making me return back and forth to simply be swept under the rug. They do not know how to handle incoming employees. Definitely glad I won’t be working here. Terrible.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Market Basket (Orange, TX).

Interview

Long dull boring the test batch questions for the personality traits are repetitive as to trip you up. And they seem to hire a lot of I believe undeseriable less educated people for many positions . My original boss that hired me was great .my last ending boss actually told me I didn't hire you to think.

Interview Questions

• 300 question personality test   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview

Applied in-person. This consisted of a brief meeting with the manager. The questions asked were almost entirely logistical (work availability, do you have the proper work permit, etc.) It was very straightforward, even for my first job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous work experience?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Basket.

Interview

Easy. Just know what skills you have and be able to explain them well. This was a low pressure interview with multiple people being interviewed at the same time.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?
      What sort of skills set you apart
      Are you a hard worke   1 Answer

Produce Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market Basket (Tewksbury, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a relatively quick process. The hiring manager was quite friendly and helped me through any difficult questions. He even offered to show me the department I was interested in, and I definitely recommend to take them up on that offer if presented to get a feel for the environment.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you for the job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Market Basket (Portland, ME) in February 2017.

Interview

Very simple interview and its done by a very nice and understanding person in my case would define a job and I don’t know if you have a problem with me that

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Basket (Woburn, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

After filling out the papers to work there, they took me upstairs to the store manager and he asked me a few questions. He then explained to me the dress policy and what was to be expected in my position.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Basket (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was exceptionally easy (researched the questions ahead of time, since I had messed up on previous interviews), the interviewer was friendly and easy to relate to, no drug tests or psychological profiling, applied, interviewed, told I had the job, then just waited for schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Market Basket (Tewksbury, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

It went well and they were very nice so I appreciated that so that was really good and then they gave me free ice cream so they are good

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Market Basket (Hooksett, NH) in January 2016.

Interview

If you have the interview you have the job, the questions had no effect on my hiring. It almost seemed as though they really didn't care about my answers, just held an interview out of formality.