Market Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Market Leader Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market Leader (Bellevue, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

phone screen and One in person/

If you have any experience in sales they will hire you currently. There is a large disconnect between sales expectations and realty of the situation

If you show motivation and have any experience they will hire you- not based on history of success or leadership qualities.

The process is extremely quick due to lack of qualified applicants.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none-

Customer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Market Leader (Bellevue, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

The guy that interview me, had to follow a templates to decide if im qualify for the job. But i recieved a call on friday telling me about what they do and they promise they ll send me a website where it has questions that show your ability of how much you know about technology. I had an interview monday at 9:30am. I have been waiting for the email. When i mention it during the interview they said that they emailed on the morning. But i didnt recieved, even though after i walk away from the office when im done with the interview. And also at the end of my interview the guy didnt say anything at all. Whether he ll call me or what. He just told me to take the test so that they ll see if im qualified or not. I have not heard from them anymore till today. Those emails werent send. Its all lies, and work ethnic isnt good either. Im not trying to be racists, but i dont see any blacks, only saw 1 asian among the other americans. They need to step up with their games! They have been wasting my time for people who valued me more. Also, they do not leave an email for me to contact them just a phone number. They do not pick up when you call and had to leave a voicemail. Im so dissapointed with this company. I know that their open recently and the office is bigger, with 10+ employees. But if you want to hired someone then show it, dont let them leave hanging without emails or anything. None of us like to sit and wait whether we are hired or not. Also people are willing to learn anything, and to step up on the game. If you want someone who is a geek in technology then put that as your requirement besides only 1 year customer service requirement.

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market Leader (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

One sales manager that told me about a broker/franchise position ( which was a bait and switch) 30 mins and pretty easy. I spent most of my time interviewing him and the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher sallary based on my experience.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market Leader.

Interview

Very laid back, from what I have been told they tell everyone the same things

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market Leader (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Phone Interview, then in person interview with a couple of managers, then offer letter, and background check.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make a year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Interview

be ready to sell yourself as a cold calling no nonsense, build relatioship person who will do anything for the sale. Someone who is a team player, because they are all about team, all the managers are into sports and hire people like themselves or they can hang out with.

Interview Questions

• Cold calling realtors on a daily basis and getting told no for a variety of reasons. Always need to be overcoming objections.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market Leader (Bellevue, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online at nearly midnight. Received an email at 8 am the following morning, wanting to schedule a time to speak with me. Had a phone interview the following day, which lasted about 15-20 min. At the end, I was told that he would be speaking with a sales team and the Director of Sales to discuss me and other applicants, and decide who moves forward for an in person interview. That was on a Friday, and he said I would find out the decision on Monday morning. On Monday morning, I received an email, saying:

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider you for employment.

We have reviewed your background and qualifications and find that we do not have an appropriate position for you at this time.

We appreciate your interest in Market Leader and thank you again for taking the time speak with us about the opportunity.

We wish you success in your job search.

Sincerely,

The Market Leader Recruiting Team"

I'm sad that I didn't make the cut to get an in person interview. I would love to have heard what was said about me and my competition. I followed up with an email, thanking them for their consideration, letting them know I'm still very interested if anything becomes available that meets my qualifications. I also asked if he'd be willing to give me feedback. "I would like to learn how to be a stronger candidate in the future. What areas can I improve on and/or places I should develop more experience in?" That was 2 days ago, and no response... Pretty disappointed about that. One piece of feedback/constructive criticism would be so very helpful, especially since they say they wish me success in my job search!

I'm thankful I got a phone interview though. I would love to work for Market Leader, based off of what I've read and heard from someone who's worked there for one month. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me :(

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make this year?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Market Leader (Bellevue, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Basically just a phone interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an on-site interview with the Project Manager, another with a couple developers, then a third with a developer and the manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked questions about a programming language that I didn't even have listed on my Resume and wasn't part of the job description. I wasn't expected to know the answers, but it felt like those questions didn't add anything to the interview since they weren't applicable to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated for a small (2-3%) salary increase from my previous salary.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Market Leader (Bellevue, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was seemingly simple and traditional with an initial phones screen and two follow up interviews. First by a contracted recruiter, then by the internal recruiter, then with the internal recruiter and sales management. Received an offer the same week.

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market Leader (Kirkland, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Be ready for a detailed interview. Go to the website and do your homework about the company. There is a position here for most all people. If you like inside sales, then apply for the inside sales account executive position. There are also management positions, IT, hr, marketing, etc. There is something for everyone. :) Be yourself during the interview

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was "what do you like better- inside sales or outside sales?" I really had to think about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A.