Marks Paneth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Marks Paneth

2.4

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks Paneth (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting

First round on campus with a Partner.

Received an email from HR regarding second round within a few days.
    Given multiple dates to choose from.
    Also asked regarding preference to tax or audit.
    Asked dietary preferences.

Second round was 9:30 - 2:00 pm. We first were introduced to other associates (which would be our buddies for the day just like the big 4). Were then taken to a conference room and shown a power point highlighting aspects of the firm. Given a schedule regarding how the day will go by and with whom you will be interviewing with. Around 11 the buddies brought us to the first interview, a Partner within tax or audit depending on what you chose when you replied to the second round interview email. Partner asked more technical questions why audit or tax? Walked through your resume. Then were taken to second interview with manager. Manager interview was more conversational. I had the opportunity to ask questions about the firm. The senior and partner interviews were also conversational and seemed like they really wanted to get to know you. "What do you like to do during your spare time?" Understood that we were all students and assured us that we would be properly trained.
    After that was lunch where we spent time asking the associates how their experiences at MP were. They also have overtime policy which is always a plus in the accounting industry.
    Last leg of the process was sitting with HR reviewing all offers and deadlines you had.
    And any other questions about the firm.

Marks Paneth was highly organized compared to the other firms I had interviewed with.

I received an offer the next day after the second round.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward. Partner was carrying the conversation well, not overwhelming or scary at all. Basic questions like tell me about yourself.
      Why did you choose accounting?
      CPA (have you taken it? are you studying? if yes, how many parts?)
      One way you overcame a difficult task in life.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marks Paneth.

Interview

College Recruitment event. Really easy and straightforward. After the in-office interview i was offered a job and the process went really quick. Interviewed with a manager and with a partner.
    They were both pretty helpful and smooth, which allowed me to talk and to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were technical questions, they all referred to my past job experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marks Paneth (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall the interviewing process was pretty laid back and well organized. I learned about the company from one of my classmates that is currently working there. I then applied to their on-campus interviews. One of the main differences between Marks Paneth and other firms that I have interviewed with is that they actually send a partner out on their on-campus interviews. Many other firms and companies just send their HR over especially for the first round interviews. The partner I was interviewing with actually had a sheet with columns and spaces to check off and fill out my responses with, which made me a little nervous. However, the interview during my first round was still pretty conversational and the partner I had really seemed to listen to everything I was saying and had to ask. I received an email just two days later inviting me in for the next round of interviews at their New York City office. I was given multiple dates to choose from which was nice since I had other firms that I had to visit as well. The HR department assigns you a buddy with whom you can chat about and ask any questions to throughout the day as well as a schedule to follow. The day begins with a power point presentation and follows with your interviews either with partners or managers. It was nice because I got to interview with someone from the audit section and someone from their financial advisory section as well. After interviews they take you and the other interviewees out to lunch. Immediately following this back at the office they then ask you which section of the firm you are interested in, i.e. tax, audit - commercial, real estate, not for profit, along with other offers and your deadline to accept. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and sincere!

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marks Paneth.

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Then was invited to an on office visit a couple weeks later. Interview very behavioral and conversational.They just want to get to know you better. I then recieved an offer a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks Paneth in October 2014.

Interview

A partner interviewed me and he was really friendly and easy going. He told me to relax and be myself. We talked about a lot of hot issues. He asked me to explain some of the jobs/experiences on my resume.Definitely know your resume and be relaxed. The partners interviewed us are really nice and they joke around during the interview. I will be going to the 2nd round soon.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks Paneth (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview process. I met recruiter at Career Fair and kept in touch. At the end of summer I noticed a job posting for Marks Paneth and reached out to recruiter I had been in contact with. We scheduled an interview which was very straightforward.

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks Paneth in November 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed first interviewed was conducted by a manager for about 30 minutes and then by a partner for about 30 minutes, the one on one process lasted approximately 1 hour.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marks Paneth (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I entered the interview process through my university after being selected for an on campus interview. 1-2 weeks later I was asked to come in for a second interview in the NYC office where I met other candidates for other intern positions. I met with a senior in the nonprofit group and a partner in the wealth management group. Both interviews went very smooth where it was more of a conversation getting to know more about me and my ambitions. Overall experience was great and after the interview, we were treated to lunch with the HR managers and our "Marks Paneth buddies". 3-4 weeks later heard back and was offer position in my desired group.

Interview Questions

• Name 10 characteristics about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marks Paneth.

Interview

Great questions, seemed to value my time. Easy to talk to, not too intimidating. Took about an hour or so. Don't be surprised to talk to more than one person.

Interview Questions

• The basic ones; asking about my previous experiences, software expertise, etc.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

The process was very dull. The interviewer read from a list of questions and seemed to have no interest to get to actually know you. The interviewer yawned a few times, don’t blame him if he asks the same questions all day.